post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

The Perfect Prayer Partner

The Perfect Prayer Partner
October 2, 2017

Read: Romans 8:31–34
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 14–16; Ephesians 5:1–16

[Jesus] is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.—Romans 8:34

Few sounds are as beautiful as hearing someone who loves you praying for you. When you hear a friend pray for you with compassion and God-given insight, it’s a little like heaven touching earth.

How good it is to know that because of God’s kindness to us our prayers can also touch heaven. Sometimes when we pray we may struggle with words and feelings of inadequacy, but Jesus taught His followers that we “should always pray and not give up” (Luke 18:1). God’s Word shows us that one of the reasons we can do this is that Jesus Himself “is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us” (Rom. 8:34).

We never pray alone, because Jesus is praying for us. He hears us as we pray, and speaks to the Father on our behalf. We don’t have to worry about the eloquence of our words, because no one understands us like Jesus. He helps us in every way, presenting our needs before God. He also knows when the answers we ask for would not be good for us, handling every request or concern with perfect wisdom and love.

Jesus is the perfect prayer partner—the friend who intercedes for us with immeasurable kindness. His prayers for us are beautiful beyond words, and should encourage us to always pray with thankfulness. —James Banks
Thank You, Lord Jesus, for interceding for me with love. Help me to love and serve You with my prayers today.

Visit us at ourdailybread.org/PrayerChangesThings for more resources on prayer.

There’s no greater privilege than praying with Jesus.

INSIGHT: From its opening affirmation to its closing declaration, Romans 8 is a powerhouse of encouragement for the follower of Christ. Today’s devotional highlights the reminder that Jesus Himself intercedes for us as we pray (v. 34). But there is even more help for us. Verse 26 tells us, “We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.” Imagine—the Son and the Spirit help us as we pray. What great reassurance that gives!

Do you struggle with your prayers? Knowing that divine help is available encourages us to keep praying—even when we aren’t sure how. Bill Crowder

Share your thoughts on today’s devotional on Facebook or www.odb.org.
SparkyF250 likes this.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 11:43 PM
PSN Local

Re: The Perfect Prayer Partner

With the ever growing darkness and evil in the world today it's getting harder to go through my prayer list, usually end up just groaning in the Spirit. I do pray everyday for President Trump & our elected officials, and our enemies too. I saw on Christian World news the other day, that the fastest growing Church right now is in Persia (Iran) so praying for our enemies works. While the western Church sleeps there are people in the middle east and Asia right now risking their lives to follow Yeshua.

SparkyF250
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4
4" Flo-Pro, Edge CTS2 Pro
Blue Spring, IPR coolant filter
Toyo Open Country AT2's

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4
7.3, ZF6 Hydra, Edge CTS2
S&B Cold Air
4" SS Diamond Eye Exhaust

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Re: The Perfect Prayer Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
With the ever growing darkness and evil in the world today it's getting harder to go through my prayer list, usually end up just groaning in the Spirit. I do pray everyday for President Trump & our elected officials, and our enemies too. I saw on Christian World news the other day, that the fastest growing Church right now is in Persia (Iran) so praying for our enemies works. While the western Church sleeps there are people in the middle east and Asia right now risking their lives to follow Yeshua.
Very true, people here in the US are so blind to what is going on.
SparkyF250 likes this.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode