Small business tax credits for hiring new employees - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that

Small business tax credits for hiring new employees

Conservatives have been calling for tax cuts for businesses for a while to bolster job creation. So what's your thoughts on this?

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2917241220100129

Obama Tax Credits Aimed at Small-Business Hiring - WSJ.com

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
RightWingNut

Re: Small business tax credits for hiring new employees

A tax cut for small businesses is good but........until congress passes a law to that effect its all just rhetoric.

Dems doing anything good for business is an oxymoron..........but we shall see.

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
A tax cut for small businesses is good but........until congress passes a law to that effect its all just rhetoric.
True dat.

Quote:
Dems doing anything good for business is an oxymoron..........but we shall see.
I was honestly surprised to see this proposal coming from Obama. I'm waiting to see how the Republicans in Washington react to it.

Personally I'm not really that optimistic (assuming it does pass) that it will do a whole lot of good. As for "creating" more jobs... highly doubtful. If a company is not ready to hire, this incentive isn't going to help change their mind. I think it's just going to help businesses who are already looking or plan to hire sometime this year. But that's my 2 cents.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 02:06 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
True dat.

I was honestly surprised to see this proposal coming from Obama. I'm waiting to see how the Republicans in Washington react to it.

Personally I'm not really that optimistic (assuming it does pass) that it will do a whole lot of good. As for "creating" more jobs... highly doubtful. If a company is not ready to hire, this incentive isn't going to help change their mind. I think it's just going to help businesses who are already looking or plan to hire sometime this year. But that's my 2 cents.
At this point, I don't think it matters that they were already planning on adding staff, we need jobs and people working. I still like the two million jobs saved or added? So which one is it? If they were saved, they couldn't of been added or if they were added, they couldn't have been saved. I'm also at a lttle bit of a loss on how we added or saved 2 million jobs when we still have 4 million less people working today than we did a year ago?

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 03:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Agreed. He did a lot of promising before and most if any he has actually followed through. We will see.

Quote:
True dat.

I dont think the Republicans will shut it down just because it comes from Obama. I will admit, if he actually puts a bill in that actually makes sense and will help, I will support it. He does have a point because something like 60% of people in the U.S. are employed by small businesses. So, I am all for helping small businesses. Will it work, im not sure yet. I havent read all the details

Andy
2000 F350, Dually, 6speed, Flatbed, snow plow - Work Truck / Tow Pig

01 Silver PSD, lifted, roof rack, winch, snorkel- SOLD

03 Jetta TDI- DD

1999 Jeep Cherokee, lifted, locked, etc....
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Caption This

Quote:
So what's your thoughts on this?
My first thought is how the hell did the Federal Government get the power to influence the decision about how many employees a landscaper in Colorado needs?

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
My first thought is how the hell did the Federal Government get the power to influence the decision about how many employees a landscaper in Colorado needs?
ROFLMAO!!!!

That was a good one!

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I make smut cry

Quote:
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:

Andy
2000 F350, Dually, 6speed, Flatbed, snow plow - Work Truck / Tow Pig

01 Silver PSD, lifted, roof rack, winch, snorkel- SOLD

03 Jetta TDI- DD

1999 Jeep Cherokee, lifted, locked, etc....
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:21 PM
PSN Local

All this will do is to reward those businesses who were going to hire anyway, regardless of this plan. Looking at it from the standpoint of a small business.....hmmm well lets hire a guy, pay him 40k a year so i can get 5k in tax credit. If that person is not needed, you are still operating 35k in the hole. When demand rises, when people can invest, when overhead costs drop, when unemployment and workers comp dont bite into so much profit, when they see more incentive to expand instead of fear of being taxed at a higher rate....then the hiring demand will rise. I would say the actual percentage of owners thinking....Man, Im only 5k short in the budget to hire a new employee....is very few. There are alot more of them praying that banks start lending, people can afford to spend, and the rich begin to invest again.

2000 F-250 Supercab/Shortbed 6-speed
Swamp Ass Hybrids, Swamp Ass tuning, Stage 1 Oil, 38R, Southbend Clutch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode