one light bulb at a time - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Offical Puddle Displacer

Send a message via AIM to pstroke96
one light bulb at a time

this may have been posted here before but i just got it in an email

One Light Bulb at a Time

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American .....

Good idea .. . one light bulb at a time . . .

Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowes the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments . They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose
attachments there. They were made in USA . Start looking ..

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job . So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track . Let's get behind her!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy . I noticed, though, that it is marked made in Mexico now.. I do not buy it any more.

My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico ... now I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything ...

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets . I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value . " I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats -
they were the same except for the price .. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in
a company in Cleveland , Ohio ...

So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here ..

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets . .. . yep, you guessed it, bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA ! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using
for years and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from overseas companies!

(We should have awakened a decade ago .. . .. . . .)

Let's get with the program . . . .. help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the U . S . A .

I Passed this on ......... will you ??????

Refugee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Re: one light bulb at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstroke96 View Post
this may have been posted here before but i just got it in an email

One Light Bulb at a Time

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American .....

Good idea .. . one light bulb at a time . . .

Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowes the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments . They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose
attachments there. They were made in USA . Start looking ..

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job . So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track . Let's get behind her!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy . I noticed, though, that it is marked made in Mexico now.. I do not buy it any more.

My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico ... now I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything ...

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets . I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value . " I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats -
they were the same except for the price .. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in
a company in Cleveland , Ohio ...

So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here ..

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets . .. . yep, you guessed it, bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA ! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using
for years and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from overseas companies!

(We should have awakened a decade ago .. . .. . . .)

Let's get with the program . . . .. help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the U . S . A .

I Passed this on ......... will you ??????
I only buy Ammo made in the USA, Same with Guns

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:00 AM
PSN Local

Couldn't agree with this more! My family has gotten on board with this. You can find stuff made in the ol USA, but unfortunately sometimes the choices aren't there.

Matt
1999 F350 CC - DP'd, ITP RR, ATS w/ EPBV delete, BTS Tranny - soon to be veg fed

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
I only buy Ammo made in the USA, Same with Guns
I have a romanian AK which is the most reliable rifle in my inventory. For some odd reason my Colt AR wont cycle with any other type of ammo than Wolf(Russian made) so unfortunately im clear out of options there

2011 F250 XLT 6.7L PSD CCSB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud To Be A "Rightwing Extremist"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:54 PM
PSN Veteran

We Romanians know how to build did you know we invented the jet engine

2000 F-350 4x4 DRW 200,000 miles DP tuner Stock, 40T, decel, 60T, 80T, 80eco, 120race, ported compressor housing, bellowed up-pipes, Terminator T-500, FPR Spring mod, AIH delete, autometer ford factory match boost, pyro, trans, HPX crossover tube, AFE Stage II CAI, 5in Straight pipe, JW valve body, Deep transmission Pan with magnet
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00strokey7.3 View Post
I have a romanian AK which is the most reliable rifle in my inventory. For some odd reason my Colt AR wont cycle with any other type of ammo than Wolf(Russian made) so unfortunately im clear out of options there
I would have to agree 100% lol. All of my ammo is either Wolf or offbrand Romanian. But for everything else, I agree 100%. Yes we should support the USA.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00strokey7.3 View Post
I find that a little bit interesting, all AR's are mill spec and should function the same wither it is a Colt, RRA, Bushmaster, Armilite, DPMS, the list goes on and on. Most the guys I know either shoot Centurion Arms or Lake City, both manufacturers for the military. I prefer the Centurion, because it is cheaper than Lake City. Never had a problem. I'm not saying that you aren't having a problem, but that it is probably something wrong with the gun, not the ammo. Plus it is reladable brass, wolf does make a reloadable round, but I think it is even more than Centurion. JMO

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode