FIX THE JOB MARKET NOT HEALTH CARE - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

FIX THE JOB MARKET NOT HEALTH CARE

Everwhere you turn, you hear something about how they are working to fix health care. Why don't they worry more about fixing the job market. I also hear and see how bad things are getting. I am more worried about paying my bills than the health care problem. Part of the health care problem is all the people getting knocked up having babies, sitting home doing nothing but collecting that goverment check. Unemployment doesn't pay the bills and the bill collecters don't care that SOME people WANT to work, they want their money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wink Fab - cnc machining and fabrication
2008 f250 4x4 bone stock and ready to mod/repair
97 f350 4x4 410 gears 37 BFG, 4" exhaust, dyi, tw chip,
IDM mod, .427 sonnex valve, rsk w/sd springs, grease able 4x4 lever,Rosewood stage 2, T-500 hpop,1.0 ex housing
These trucks are like crack, you just can't leave it alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 04:02 AM
<-- it's like that

Re: FIX THE JOB MARKET NOT HEALTH CARE

The job market can fix itself if the government quits f'ing things up for them.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 04:03 AM
PSN Veteran

I agree. They need to do something like they did back in the depression, not saying we're in that bad a shape but make jobs, big jobs, little community jobs, etc. That did a lot for the country more so than handing out checks.

2008 F350 CCLB Work in progress

'96 F250 ExCab 4x4
4" Exhaust Tony Wildman Chip Electric Fuel 17* HPOP Swamp's IDM Tymar 4" Lift Smoked Headlights 5000k HID's Front End 315/75R16 BFG All Terrains Optima Red Tops
--Sold--

09' King Ranch Crew Cab Long Bed
--RIP--

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Seriously man I just got a bill from TWC for them overpaying me due to me not reporting the 13-17 hrs I worked at my part time gig. Figure that one out. I mean unemployment would not cover what I had going out. I mean if I woulda reported the chicken sh!t little amount I made every two weeks it woulda meant less in Benefits. I mean damn I was working 2 jobs to make it then when I was layed off I was like damn now what. It just is not right, at least I was tryen.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 04:39 AM
I make smut cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
The job market can fix itself if the government quits f'ing things up for them.

Why pump more dollars into a depleteing dollar worth situation? Maybe Im the only one who thinks that if a business fails financially then so be it, a competetitor will be next in line to fill that void, thats just business. If I had a car wash that took a hit due to the economy change, do you think Capitol Hill would bail me out?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 04:47 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Obama could fix the economy over night, but it is against his principals and won't because he wants to collect and redistribute where he wants the wealth. All he would have to do is reinstate the tax cuts, and extend them for 10 yrs. Everyone that has any money is flat out setting on it because they all have brains and know what is coming. I would have bought a new truck this fall when I got my new plow, but I know I need to let my money set because the market isn't going to change anytime soon. I know a lot of other business owners that are doing the same thing as I am.

Reinstating the tax cuts would make the dow jump by 1000 pt in a month, probably in a week. People would go out and spend what they are stashing away now, the job market would turn just about as fast, people would have more jobs and need to hire help because lets face it every business has one thing on their minds right now, Survival.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I have been asking people how they are getting home loans for 2 percent and new cars after they just filed bankruptcy. When I called the banks they told me No. Well when I asked a friend, who is a finacial advisor he asked me " are you behind on anything or how my credit was" When I told him I have a house I can afford and I have never had a late payment so my score is good. He told me thats my problem, that Im being to responsable, If I stop making payments and trash my credit score that they will be jumping at the chance to work with me.
This country is going to he** when you have to stop making youre payments and bury youreself in debt to get a better rate on a loan or get someone to work you. Playing by the rules so to speak gets you nowhere. I would suggest if you you want a better rate on youre house, stop paying youre bills. If you want to buy a house get a "HUD" loan or if you want to rent then get section 8 and the gov't will pay for it. If you want to go to college get knocked up and then its free, grades don't matter anymore.
I guess I am getting old because I was raised to feel embarrassed to do any of those things that seem to be ok these days.

IDM mod, .427 sonnex valve, rsk w/sd springs, grease able 4x4 lever,Rosewood stage 2, T-500 hpop,1.0 ex housing
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:15 PM
NRA4ever

Yep tax cuts will solve this recession quick. A simple 6% cut across the board for incomes of 250k & lower would put more money in the peoples hands than the stimulus. Plus the money would be in the peoples hands not the government. The stimulus is a failure. All it did was fill the pockets of politicians & their buddies. It didn't slow the recession or keep unemployment at 8% as the liar Obama promised it would. Tax cuts are a proven way to get the economy going again. Even president Kennedy used tax cuts to end the recession in his time. Obama wants to redistribute the wealth not cure the recession. He hates capitalism & is doing everything he can to end it.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:31 PM
PSN Local

It seems to me and what i've been told is that in our credit society its better to be in debt making payments then buying everything in cash and being responsible. Because the guy paying cash for new snowmobiles, dirt bikes, doesn't build any credit and will be screwed if he wants a loan on a house or new car.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Its good to build credit but not burry youreself in it. When I got my house I needed 20% down. Then they started the nothing down bank scams. That got people buying houses or should I say renting houses for a couple years then they move out and give it back to the bank. Well when my renters move out and my rental is empty the gov't doesn't make my payment or bail me out.
I dont see how a few people on this little site, can find so many ways that would work to get this economy going again, but these high paid polititions can't do sh** but make things worse and get us deeper in debt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode