What is up with militant atheists? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

What is up with militant atheists?

I had my wisdom teeth out today, and can't sleep. So this post may get interesting, as I'm tired, and on narcotics.

OK, I saw a pickup literally covered with anti-God and anti-Christian bumper stickers a while back. They were about 8 columns across and 6 rows high... probably 50 or so.

What does this cat have to prove?

Consider your average Christian, who takes "go into all nations" to heart, and tries to share the Gospel with others. He believes that God exists, Jesus exists, that one must go from a state that will not cause salvation on judgement day, to one that will cause salvation on judgement day. We won't debate what must be done to go from one state to the other.

If, there is no God - Jesus - Holy Spirit, that all there is to this life, is this life - when he takes his final breath, what has living a "religious" life cost him?

By asking that, I'm posing the question - what does the "militant atheist" (like the guy on I-40 in Knoxville, or the guy I knew in high school 15-20 years ago) have to gain, by steering someone away from a certain lifestyle?

Consider the militant atheist - (my term) - he actively tries to disprove the Bible. Actively tries to disprove the existence of God. Convinces someone that the Bible is not true; that there is no need to become spiritually in a state that will lead to salvation from sin, because there will be no judgement; that there's nothing beyond this life.

Why does he care? When this life is done, according to him, that's it.

Does the Atheist feel as if he is liberating someone from some bounds that are imposed upon him? What does he gain from that?

Let's just say I quit a particular sin that is physically enjoyable, because I became religious. Being religious and overcoming that sin will cause me pleasure, too, because. Therefore, I am not "giving up" anything. If Mr. Atheist convinces me that everything I believe is wrong, then I am free to go back to my sin. Is that his purpose? To help me have the most possible enjoyment here?

The purpose of the religious person, is to encourage others to do whatever is necessary to avoid eternal future punishment, in a temporary life (here and now). There's sense to be made in that.

Bottom line - if the religious man finds out at the moment he enters biological death, that nothing's there - no judgement, no afterlife, no eternal dwelling with God - there'll be no regrets, no anger. No one religious would say, "I gave up partying and hookers and drugs and gambling, and now I don't get nothing????"

However, if the atheist man finds out at that same moment, that there is another life, with a judgement coming; and he ain't gonna be on the right side of said judgement....

I don't get these militant atheists. If they're proven right, then there's no venue in which to enjoy their proof. If they're wrong, time for the asbestos underwear. Why not just shut up about it?

Black Truck: 97 SC 4x4 / 3.55s / 4th set of Swamps injectors / Swamps programs / Swamps baby fuel / Sonnax & springs / real oil press, oil temp, trans temp, ammeter, pyro, boost / Donaldson B085011 / Hypermax DP / Homemade 4" exhaust / 2" lift / Sparky's AIC / Gutted EBPV / Amsoil BE100 byp & SS lines / Twin Hayden 1679s / Magnefine filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 08:15 AM
PSN Mega Miler

Re: What is up with militant atheists?

Welcome to human nature. The reason I figure they are like that, just my opinion/guess is they are miserable and they dont want others to be happy in their beliefs.

To me its not much different than meeting someone on the street when you have just gotten a gift or bought something new and they go out of their way to let you know you screwed up or could of bought it cheaper at such and such or it sucks compared to what they just bought the other day. Why not let the person at least enjoy what they just got? So they got screwed or didnt get the most for their money or maybe the gift giver couldnt afford to give a bigger gift. They may find that out eventually. But leave them the hell alone and let them enjoy it for awhile at least.

Or the person that just got an award for something in their life. Be it school, job related or even church. Be happy for them. Dont go out of your way to give them your views on it or belittle them for it.

I could go on and on. Life, forums, internet, games, you name it whatever it may be it can really be the one thing in life you give that is worth more than money or other things really is that piece of kindness that took nothing more than a "Congrats!" to someone else.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 02:22 AM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuttre835 View Post
I had my wisdom teeth out today, and can't sleep. So this post may get interesting, as I'm tired, and on narcotics.

OK, .....; and he ain't gonna be on the right side of said judgement....

I don't get these militant atheists. If they're proven right, then there's no venue in which to enjoy their proof. If they're wrong, time for the asbestos underwear. Why not just shut up about it?
Get some really good drugs from the dentist? Looks like an epiphany.

Just giving you a hard time. I have always kinda wondered the same thing actually.

To me, they just sorta prove that there is a Satan, and he will do anything to get you away from God. Even if it makes no sense, if you just stop and think about it for a minute or two.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Who is Obama?

Send a message via AIM to razorscs

wow, some good points, I have never really thought about it like that before...

SOLD 2002 F350

SOLD2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

NEW 2004 F250 CCSB 4" Lift on 35" Road Venture AT KL78, Matt's tunes, Turbo Back Exhaust, River City 62mm Non-Vgt Turbo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode