obama paying the taliban - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Send a message via MSN to DieselPower1966
obama paying the taliban

so if nobody heard this from the news yet, Long story short, Obama is and has been paying off the taliban, they showed them paying one guy $500 to leave the taliban.

[email protected] that!!!! I'll pay them with a $1.25, .223 to the head.

what makes obama think they're not gonna take the money, and go back anyway? dumb ass obama. somebody should send him a $1.25, if ya know what I mean.

DieselPower1966

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: obama paying the taliban

If thats true that is BS. God I hate this guy for many more reasons than 1

08 F350 4x4 CCSB 6.4, 6" on 37s and 22s, Spartan DD w/ 310/KEM 345, Elite HPFP, Ported rails, EGR delete w/ wastegate, studs, CFM +, Rudys IC pipe, BD BOV, FASS 150 w/ custom fuel system, S&B intake, Rudys downpipe and DOC/DPF delete, CCV mod, Zex nitrous, Suncoast Trans, 1 piece drive shaft, Recon and tint everywhere.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 02:27 PM
<-- it's like that

You've got the story wrong. If you're reading some very biased sources, then they are withholding a lot of facts from the story.

Obama isn't paying off the Taliban. He didn't even start it. Our department of defense and the U.S. state department have been paying off insurgents for years now, bribing them not to attack our supply lines and convoys. So if you want a president to blame, point the finger at Bush first. But honestly, the blame doesn't really lie with either president. And in some cases, this strategy has actually worked.

The way it works is that the department of defense and the U.S. state department have thousands of contracts with third party groups and organizations for just about anything you can imagine. Some organizations contracted with the U.S. government get paid to provide additional security within the country or region. The contracts aren't specific as far as how the company is to use the money. So our government pays money via contracts to these organizations to provide additional services to our troops and to our military. In turn, some of these organizations have contact with regional Afghan warlords, and have struck deals with these warlords to bribe them and keep them from attacking convoys.

So our government isn't even the ones arranging the bribes, it's all done by 3rd party contractors. Furthermore, it's done with the consent of the U.S. military.

Now this story is making new headlines because General Gates recently presented Obama with additional military options in Afghanistan. One of the options was to increase the number of troops, which Obama obliged and has already announced. Another option presented by the military was to increase bribe payouts to insurgents, and try to recruit these insurgents as local "police", basically turning them against the Taliban. If it was to be done this way, the defense department, not 3rd party contractors, would openly recruit and payout bribes directly. This is exactly what Bush did in 2006 when he approved military action to bribe Iraqi insurgents as Sunni "police" forces. The result was they recruited approximately 100,000 people, some of which were formerly enemy insurgents.

Whether or not Obama will use this same strategy that Bush used.... we'll have to wait and see.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Pocket,
If I have the story wrong then so be it, but this is the story that was on the local news last night, so now that I read your post, it would appear that the local news didn't present the entire story.

and I still say I have a .223 for each and everyone of them.

DieselPower1966

John
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Gone Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselPower1966 View Post
Pocket,
If I have the story wrong then so be it, but this is the story that was on the local news last night, so now that I read your post, it would appear that the local news didn't present the entire story.

and I still say I have a .223 for each and everyone of them.

08 F-350 CC SB King Ranch 4x4
H&S Black Maxx 300 tune, Unlimited Intake, 6" Exhaust, Fuel Nutz wrapped with 295 Trail Grappler's
2000 F350 6spd Powerstroke For Sale!

UNLIMITED DIESEL PERFORMANCE
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 AM
PSN Veteran

this is sad. you look stupid for hearing something on TV...you get on here and say how much you hate obama and he's paying the taliban from his wallet. Educate yourself and don't post out of emotion and ignorance. I would hate to have someone like you in my family, your thinking is so dillusional people have to take their time with you like you're a child.

2003 6.0 f250 ccsb 4x4 auto
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 01:16 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselPower1966 View Post
Pocket,
No doubt. Media tends to leave out important facts.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 01:24 AM
original "REZNECK"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
this is sad. you look stupid for hearing something on TV...you get on here and say how much you hate obama and he's paying the taliban from his wallet. Educate yourself and don't post out of emotion and ignorance. I would hate to have someone like you in my family, your thinking is so dillusional people have to take their time with you like you're a child.
first he doesnt look stupid he clearly admitted that his local news gave him only part of the story. and who says that every thing pocket says is written in stone. he gets his info from somewhere. maybe dp1966 over reacted a little but for you to insult him like that in that manner only goes to shows that maybe we are thankfull your not in our family. point is dont be such a douche bag the man admitted he might not have all of the story effin fag

twice tottalled
01 F250 cc 4x4 straight pipe, custom front and rear bumpers, 1 ton rear susp, flatbed, TS Chip, king ranch rims, 315 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay
Since when do 7.3's puke coolant like an overfilled hooker on a busy night ?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 02:23 AM
id: 5520

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
WOW, a bit harsh don't you think..
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

guys thanks for the defense, the both of you are welcome in my family anytime...

darsey715 people like you, with statements like yours, don't even deserve a response from me.

DieselPower1966

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode