NBC News Affiliate Turns On Obama....... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

NBC News Affiliate Turns On Obama.......

Wow........and it wasn't Fox News!!! What's the world coming to???

Obama's Frightening Insensitivity Following Shooting

A bad week for Democrats compounded by an awful moment for Barack Obama.

................But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president making introductory remarks. At the event, a Tribal Nations Conference hosted by the Department of Interior's Bureau of Indian affairs, the president thanked various staffers and offered a "shout-out" to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow -- that Congressional Medal of Honor winner." Three minutes in, the president spoke about the shooting, in measured and appropriate terms. Who is advising him?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/polit...President.html

Tbar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Banning Smut

Re: NBC News Affiliate Turns On Obama.......

I was very surprised at the response by the President. It seemed disconnected to me. I'm curious to see if he goes to Fort Hood.

Tbar. Your avatar rules!!!

I gotta say though in retrospect....

Remember what the media said about Bush after 9/11? The way he finished the meeting with the kids in that classroom...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Infidel

thats cause he's one of them

Late 99 7.3 F250 cc 4x4
6spd
straight exhaust
6" dr suspension lift
edge evo(i know...)
37" military oz's
190k and climbin

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:10 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post
Remember what the media said about Bush after 9/11? The way he finished the meeting with the kids in that classroom...
Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a winner.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 07:20 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biltfordtufftx View Post
thats cause he's one of them
The fort hood thing shows me, in my own opinion, that I can't trust any muslims. Unfortuneatly the president has the name hussein in his name, if that is a name of muslim decent then I cannot trust my president.

2003 6.0 f250 ccsb 4x4 auto
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Junior Mint

This president has a history of saying jack-ass things in an attempt to be disarming, casual, relaxed, and funny.

I don't believe that it really means that he doesn't care he just needs to be more measured in his responses.

It's interesting however, us Americans, the ones that didn't lose a loved one, went right back to our day to day activities after this terrible news. Of course we were all saddened but we still have things that we need/ choose to do. Why do we have a different standard for the president? I guess the president should be our national face of mourning.

And of course Bush also seemed a bit casual after over 3000 Americans died in the largest terrorist attack in history. Once again, I don't really blame him but I think it might have been wise to show a lot more concern at that exact moment.

I was at the Motocross track a couple of weeks ago and two older friends of mine asked me to be the judge in their all out 'grudge' race on the track. As I watched these two grown men putt around the track while small children and women passed them w/ ease I couldn't help but laugh. When they came in and asked me who won I said "congrats Dale, you won the special Olympics of Motocross and you roosted that 11 year old girl that was lapping you in the process" and we all laughed. It reminded me how we hold these politicains to much higher standards and it simply is not exceptable or funny for them to make a joke like that. Aren't they human as well?

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
This president has a history of saying jack-ass things in an attempt to be disarming, casual, relaxed, and funny.

I don't believe that it really means that he doesn't care he just needs to be more measured in his responses. You sure loved raggin on Bush when he misspoke

It's interesting however, us Americans, the ones that didn't lose a loved one, went right back to our day to day activities after this terrible news. Of course we were all saddened but we still have things that we need/ choose to do. Why do we have a different standard for the president? Uh, yes he is held to a different standard, otherwise what difference would it make if the prez commited adultery in the oval office, I mean how many CEO's do that on a daily basis and who cares, but the people involved. In the case of the prez, the nation is involved, thereby he is held to a higher standardI guess the president should be our national face of mourning. Nail on the head

And of course Bush also seemed a bit casual after over 3000 Americans died in the largest terrorist attack in history. Once again, I don't really blame him but I think it might have been wise to show a lot more concern at that exact moment.

I was at the Motocross track a couple of weeks ago and two older friends of mine asked me to be the judge in their all out 'grudge' race on the track. As I watched these two grown men putt around the track while small children and women passed them w/ ease I couldn't help but laugh. When they came in and asked me who won I said "congrats Dale, you won the special Olympics of Motocross and you roosted that 11 year old girl that was lapping you in the process" and we all laughed. It reminded me how we hold these politicains to much higher standards and it simply is not exceptable or funny for them to make a joke like that. Aren't they human as well?What in the hell does this have to do with the prez?

Should he have cancelled the event? The fact that he didn't doesn't really concern me, he should however, had addressed the shootings first and foremost, he is the President of the United States of America. Gee I wonder what he would have done if a white man would have walked into a mosque somewhere and killed 12 mulsim's.

2005 F-350
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

If this had happened last year this would have been Bush's fault(remember the 911 blame game by the radical left).

This man was in a government position therefore Obama must have known about it........he should be personally held responsible and therefore should be impeached.

Ahhhhh.........I feel better now and no I don't want any analysis of my hypothetical radical right position. This is a fair and balanced extreme position.

Tbar
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 02:34 AM
Junior Mint

I seriously don't know if this is correct but wasn't the Bush admin told by the outgoing Clinton debriefings to specifically keep an eye on this Bin Laden character as he appeared to be capable of some serious wrongdoing?

Wouldn't that be where the Bush admin actually had some culpability?

For the record I don't think it was anyones fault except the A-holes that actually did it and the Taliban which provided safe haven for Al Queada.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode