Kick them ALL out project - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

Kick them ALL out project

Saw this on a bumper sticker yesterday and looked it up online.
Could be a way to have the revolution we need in a way that "might" work?

I like the quote by Mark Twain: "Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing often, and for the same reason!"

Take a look
The Kick Them All Out Project - Imposing our undeniable will on the government through the power of our votes!

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: Kick them ALL out project

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
PSN Local

Curtis, couldn't agree more with your GW Poster. Leaders should be chosen on their merit, not their salesmanship or party affiliations.

Francis

1997 F250 CCSB

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 09:53 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm50 View Post
Curtis, couldn't agree more with your GW Poster. Leaders should be chosen on their merit, not their salesmanship or party affiliations.
That's exactly why I don't register with any party.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
PSN Local

Yeah, only bummer is if you don't register with a party, you lose the right to pick the least offender in the primary elections. Bad rule IMO.

Francis

1997 F250 CCSB
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 05:59 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm50 View Post
Yeah, only bummer is if you don't register with a party, you lose the right to pick the least offender in the primary elections. Bad rule IMO.
It doesn't matter to me. Key word there is "least offender". I don't see why I have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

After all, there are usually plenty of other options. Last year in Colorado's elections, there were 16 candidates for President. 16!!!!! Yet a majority of people blindly vote along party lines, and a vast majority of independents come to only decide on either republican or democrat.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM
RightWingNut

Quote:
"Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing often, and for the same reason!"
That would make a great bumper sticker........I need that one.

Its too bad some around here are contrars who focus on emphasizing the negative rather than finding common ground to rally around.

The main premise of this post is throwing ALL the politicians out and starting over. Personally I am dig the idea of a "conservative party."

Tbar
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:49 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
Its too bad some around here are contrars who focus on emphasizing the negative rather than finding common ground to rally around.
IMO, the blame rests squarely on the parties, not the people.

I tried being a Republican 10 years ago. The republican party just doesn't listen. To put it bluntly (and in your words), they emphasize entirely on the negatives of the democrats, rather than finding common ground to rally around. The democrats do the same thing.

Since that's the type of behavior the democrats and republicans display (the party itself), then that's the type of behavior they will receive from me in return. Sad, but true. They don't listen to me anyway, and they outnumber me. So yes, I will focus on the negatives, because that's all I see until as a party they start to listen.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
RightWingNut

I want nothing to with finding common ground with liberals. We are where we are today because Repubs moved left with the dems.

I want to jerk the rains so hard back to the right it breaks the dems necks and gives the Rebubs whiplash.

My reference to finding common ground is among conservatives.

Tbar
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:41 PM
<-- it's like that

I'm going to focus on the first part of your post, and speak in broader party terms. With the second part of your post, I'll narrow it down to just one side.

Quote:
I want nothing to with finding common ground with liberals. We are where we are today because Repubs moved left with the dems.
And that is the major problems with both parties. Republicans often times refuse to find common ground with democrats, because they think they are too liberal. At the same time, democrats refuse to find common ground with republicans, because they think they are too conservative. Put it all together, and not a damn thing gets done in Washington, and we have convoluted legislation that is passed that makes everything worse, not better.

IMO, the reason this type of mentality is wrong is because this country is founded on freedom, and people have the right to express views, opinions, etc. In addition, no two people will have the exact same opinions on every single topic. Just because you don't agree with someone, doesn't mean you should automatically refuse to listen to their point of view. Sometimes, even the opposing side can have good input. By working together, often times better legislation can result.

Quote:
My reference to finding common ground is among conservatives.
This next part also directly correlates to what I just said about democrats vs. republicans (or even conservatives vs. liberals). Your idea of a "conservative" can be different than someone else's idea of a "conservative". No two conservatives are the same. Heck, identical twins can have different views on some things. So what makes you right, and the other person wrong? Absolutely nothing. Both can be right at times, and wrong at times. Just because you have a point of view that you firmly believe in, doesn't mean that it's right for everyone else. Sometimes conservatives have good ideas for tackling a problem or an issue, and sometimes liberals have a good idea too. Just because you label them in a certain category doesn't mean they are automatically wrong 100% of the time.

Again, that's why I don't support parties anymore. They adopt the mentality that they are correct and know it all, and refuse to listen to any voice of reason that might be seen as an opposing point of view, even if that voice of reason is a better idea, and better overall for the country. All they do is see a label in front of someone's name (a "D" or an "R"), and automatically they think that person is wrong, without even taking the time to listen. To narrow it down to one party (say republicans for instance), some republicans will refuse to listen to others, simply because they believe they aren't conservative enough.

There are over 300 million people in this country. It's impossible for all 300 million to agree 100% of the time. However, nearly all 300 million can find common ground. That's how it should work. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen right now, and it never will as long as people keep focusing on the labels rather than the issues.

That's my 2 cents.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode