Greenies - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Supercharged

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockrunner86
Greenies

As some of you know I use to whitewater kayak a lot (2 -3times a week). But about 3 years ago all but completely quit, due to the greenies (which most kayaker's seem to be) always preaching to me about the environment.

Over the years of kayaking I have heard countless people talking about wanting to close this OHV trail or that one. Closing down more of the forests, but yet none of these greenies live by what they talk about. I am so sick of their BS.

Today one of my good kayaking friends posted a link to a event where 150 kayaker's meet in the Willamette river in Portland Oregon to support a 350 ppm Co2 bill they want to pass. Yet, they all drove their cars to the rally, some of which drove over a 100 miles each way. I just don't get it, don't they realize they are part of the problem also? I replied to the link which was on Facebook stating that one of the major reasons I quit kayaking was because I was sick of the ranting and raving they did about my Rock Crawling, and how I was wasting fuel on a hobby. Don't they realize that they waste fuel on their hobby, kayaking as well? There wasn't a time in my life where I was driving more miles per week that when I was kayaking all the time with them. I can't even begin to count the times we drove across the country to hit this river or that one. Let alone the countless trips these kayaker's took out of the country to go kayak.

Yet again these are the people that don't want to do any logging. But they have some of the largest houses I have ever been in?

My family owns a construction company, and yes we enjoy staying busy building high-end homes for people. But most of our customers in large to huge homes have been people with a environmentalist view. They don't want to log or use oil based products until they want it in their homes?

Does any of this add up?

99.5 F-350 6-speed Daily Driver/Tow Rig.

Engine - Empire Diesel Performance

Air - Empire Diesel Performance Compounds Procharger Primary / Garrett 38R Secondary

Oil- Swamps Gen-3

Fuel - B-codes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 09:16 PM
ARMY bound

Re: Greenies

I'm with you, it doesn't make sense. The carbon foot print from a Prius is ridiculous but greenies still drive 'em.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 09:29 PM
PSN Veteran

you are right on target, they keep wanting to close snowmobiling in the west, and back here in mn where I hunt the state just shut down a piece of state forest to everything but atv's, including shutting down a 20 year old grant in aid trail for sleds!!!!

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Supercharged

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockrunner86

I don't think we can keep going like we just don't care what happens to the environment, but I don't think the environmentalists are even remotely on track for fixing things the correct way.

99.5 F-350 6-speed Daily Driver/Tow Rig.

Engine - Empire Diesel Performance

Air - Empire Diesel Performance Compounds Procharger Primary / Garrett 38R Secondary

Oil- Swamps Gen-3

Fuel - B-codes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 09:52 PM
all ur OBS r belong to me

Send a message via MSN to OldschoolPSD

I like to argue with them. I start every debate the same way: "Every time I debate with a liberal, they get pissed off and resort to personal attacks... if you can keep it civil I'll debate you"

After about 5 minutes of me exposing their lack of knowledge, they normally retort by calling me an "ignorant redneck" or "baby killer" or something like that. Then I remind them that they said they wouldn't resort to personal attacks. Depending on who is around and how much I've had to drink, I'll show them just how an "ignorant redneck" acts by making their tree hugging ass eat dirt.

I am of the opinion that liberalism is a religion. These people whole-heartedly believe in what they stand for, and no amount of reason, reality, or fact will change their minds. You'll get the same reaction telling a greenie that global warming is BS as you get arguing with a Catholic about Transubstantiation.

Ford stopped building trucks in 1997
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
utah get me two

liberal motto # 1 dont bother me with the truth

liberal motto # 2 if you cant get them to agree,mandate it !!!

liberal motto # 3 dont listen to truth and reason,their evil !!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode