A Frightening Photo! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

A Frightening Photo!

This will open your eyes..

What does Obama read?

The name of the book Obama is reading is "The Post-American World", written by a fellow Muslim. Post-America - the world after America ???

Please forward this picture to everyone you know, conservative or liberal to expose Obama's radical ideas and intent for our country!

photo verified by snopes

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:27 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: A Frightening Photo!

I could read books about a lot of things, It does not mean I agree or practice them... And no I am not an Obama supporter.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepower02 View Post
I could read books about a lot of things, It does not mean I agree or practice them... And no I am not an Obama supporter.
Come on man, look at how Obama is ruining this country, you mean to tell me he doesnt agree with that book? I agree, i read a lot of books, doesnt mean i agree or practice them either, but Obama? come on man.

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Starting Over

LMFAO.I HAVE TO get this paper work finished I am a month behind but I'll be back to make a comment on this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

I agree with Morepower...

But it is still kinda weird...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:32 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech2161 View Post
photo verified by snopes
ROFL

Maybe people should actually READ what snopes has to say about it:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/postamerican.asp

Yes Obama did read the book, but the description about what the book is about (and that the author is a muslim) is a complete fabrication.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 PM
original "REZNECK"

just a question who has verified snopes. what makes them any better than fox or nbc. just a question not picking a fight.....yet

twice tottalled
01 F250 cc 4x4 straight pipe, custom front and rear bumpers, 1 ton rear susp, flatbed, TS Chip, king ranch rims, 315 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay
Since when do 7.3's puke coolant like an overfilled hooker on a busy night ?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:47 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnord View Post
just a question who has verified snopes. what makes them any better than fox or nbc. just a question not picking a fight.....yet
Good question
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Not me I just passed it along.

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnord View Post
Snopes typically posts sources of where they get their information, just like any reference page or bibliography of any well written research paper. Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc doesn't. Instead, they'll say they have "informed sources" or "anonymous sources" or whatever, and rarely post any additional sources other than Reuters, so audiences of Fox, CNN, MSNBC have a harder time verifying stories. Listen carefully to Fox, they do it all the time. In addition, Snopes also usually falls right in line with what other fact checking websites have to say on the same subjects. Lastly, if Snopes doesn't know, they'll tell you up front by saying something is "undetermined". They won't draw conclusions about a story until they get the facts straight.

The whole idea that Snopes is a "liberal website" is yet another urban legend. It's the excuse people have when they don't agree with what Snopes writes. That same garbage is thrown up at other sites such as Factcheck.org, which is actually a strongly republican funded site. If you ever have a question about Snopes, look at other fact checking websites for the same story, or simply follow the references posted to see the info yourself. No one says you have to agree with Snopes, but at least they are more informed and educated than the endless forwarded emails that flood my inbox.

Are these sites 100% correct every single time? No. And they'll even admit it. Here is a quote directly from Snopes, and I put in bold the parts everyone should pay attention to:
Quote:
We don't expect anyone to accept us as the ultimate authority on any
topic, which is why our site's name indicates that it contains
reference pages. Unlike the plethora of anonymous individuals who
create and send the unsigned, unsourced e-mail messages that are
forwarded all over the Internet, we show our work.
The research
materials we've used in the preparation of any particular page are
listed in the bibliography displayed at the bottom of that page so that
readers who wish to verify the validity of our information may check
those sources for themselves.
Yes, I put much more faith in Snopes than I do in Fox, MSNBC, CNN, and other news networks. I wish the major news networks would list their sources for every story they report. If so, they might pay a bit more attention and be a little more accurate in their reporting.

So, now to pose a question to everyone... why do people insist on believing unverified forwarded emails that have no sources listed, instead of sites such as Snopes or Factcheck.org?

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode