Power up Devo's 9-20-09 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
I make smut cry

Power up Devo's 9-20-09

Thursday, the 20th of August

Scripture reference: Psalm 37:1-2 KJV

“Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb”

One of my favorite Psalms is 37:1-2. I can’t begin to tell you how many times that little verse has bailed my butt out of situations that could have gotten the best of me. It’s such a comforting verse IMO. Many times in our everyday lives we encounter situations where someone will just plain do wrong to us and our human instinct is to “give them a taste of their own medicine”. Story comes to mind of a time while I was on Dorm shift. I had a kid who was going to be leaving the program, not by his choice but by ours, so naturally he was not in the best of moods, but to make matters worse he felt like we wronged him so in his mind the best way to get even was to wrong a wrong. This kid was flipping out, running through the dorm swearing up a storm, harassing other students in the program, he tried to fight just about everybody in the building, I mean he was really trying hard to cause some trouble even so much that he actually spit on me while sitting in our Dorm office. Now given the situation your natural worldly reaction is “Somebody hold that little turd while I beat the fire outta him” But that’s where that verse comes into play. At that situation I was at a cross-road, do I administer a dose of beat down or do I right a wrong and ride my faith out knowing God has my back. Naturally it was difficult to holster my pride and anger and stay calm and not give in to the temptation of wrong but I did. I didn’t let an evildoer get the best of me and put me in a situation to jeopardize my character. Was it hard? ABSOLUTELY! But taking the road least traveled rained blessings for my obedience. So what am I getting at? Don’t let some bodies attitude or snotty behavior get the best of you. Don’t jeopardize your faith or character in those situations by wronging a wrong. Practice your faith in those everyday situations. Tell yourself “ Fret not!” and do so knowing that God has your back, and that obedience to his word brings fourth his blessings. Have faith knowing that his word is true and that nothing written comes back void. God will take care of it, maybe not then, maybe not next week, maybe not for 40 years from then but it’s only in his timing and he does not over look evildoers. My challenge to you is to take the road less traveled and do right, no matter what wrong is done to you.

Cowboy Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Michigan Ice Dog

Re: Power up Devo's 9-20-09

One of my favorits is (Deuteronomy 21:18-21 NLT) "Suppose a man has a stubborn, rebellious son who will not obey his father or mother, even though they discipline him. In such cases, the father and mother must take the son before the leaders of the town. They must declare: 'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious and refuses to obey. He is a worthless drunkard.' Then all the men of the town must stone him to death. In this way, you will cleanse this evil from among you, and all Israel will hear about it and be afraid."
We all look for good in the bible. But far to many people pick and choose what they want to share from it. IE catholic priest. You will never hear them say gays should be put to death. ( "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."
(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Damn! sucks to be them!

"Alot of the worlds problems can be solved with violence"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

" So taking her home I was going to have her sit in the middle but I relised that she wouldn't fit. "
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 01:58 AM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Re: Power up Devo's 9-20-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8nout View Post
One of my favorits is (Deuteronomy 21:18-21 NLT) "Suppose a man has a stubborn, rebellious son who will not obey his father or mother, even though they discipline him. In such cases, the father and mother must take the son before the leaders of the town. They must declare: 'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious and refuses to obey. He is a worthless drunkard.' Then all the men of the town must stone him to death. In this way, you will cleanse this evil from among you, and all Israel will hear about it and be afraid."
We all look for good in the bible. But far to many people pick and choose what they want to share from it. IE catholic priest. You will never hear them say gays should be put to death. ( "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."
(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Damn! sucks to be them!
Nobody wants to hear the truth, Good or bad.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode