Democrats refuse to allow Republicans To Inform You - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Democrats refuse to allow Republicans To Inform You

Democrats refuse to allow Republicans to mail information on the Obama health care plan to their constituents

Democrat House Members are refusing to allow Republican House Members to mail a diagram of the bureaucratic mess which President Obama is proposing with his health care plan..

On the first line of the third paragraph of the Roll Call article, click on the “view PDF” link to see the mess. If you can’t figure it out, don’t feel bad. I doubt if anyone else can either.

Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing - Roll Call

This two trillion dollar health care plan creates a bureaucratic nightmare!
Click here to read the Roll Call article, then be sure to click on the “view PDF” link.

Be sure to forward this to your family and friends.

1997 F250 PSD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It's not a gun-free zone if you get shot while you're there"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 03:46 AM
<-- it's like that

Re: Democrats refuse to allow Republicans To Inform You

Yet another post crying wolf and claiming the sky is falling.

The information isn't being blocked by democrats. What is under dispute is whether or not to allow republicans to use federal funding to mail this information out to their constituents.

Basically, all it amounts to is politics as usual. No more, no less. This happens quite often, and both republicans and democrats are equally guilty of using tactics like this against each other.

Besides, republicans are already getting this information out. The article even admits it:
Quote:
Republicans quickly embraced Brady’s chart, and over the past week about 50 Members have posted it on their Congressional Web sites or used it in a floor speech. It has also been posted on the home page of the Republican National Committee.
The article also admits that the democrats themselves can't block the mailing. Instead, it has to be approved by a committee.
Quote:
The dispute over Brady’s chart is being reviewed by the franking commission, which must approve any mail before it can be sent. No decision had been made on the matter by press time.
And this should be noted too:
Quote:
The franking commission is made up of three Democrats and three Republicans.
I doubt many here will agree with the democrat version of the health care reform. I know I don't. But let's get real for a second. This thread is clearly making a mountain out of a mole hill, and taking a tiny sliver of truth, and then completely distorting the story and blowing it out of proportion.

What's also interesting to note is that the current version of the health care reform bill is dead. Both democrats and republicans have refused to vote on it before the August recess. In addition, the bill doesn't have enough support even from Democrats. Expect major changes to the bill before it's even presented to Washington for a vote.

Apparently, the public already disagreed with the health care reform bill, and it didn't take a bunch of lying stories to do it either.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:19 AM

Re: Democrats refuse to allow Republicans To Inform You

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampRat View Post
This two trillion dollar health care plan creates a bureaucratic nightmare!
I saw that chart the other day, forget where.
31 new govt. agencies and trillions in new spending is just what we need during a recession.
I heard they were not allowing mailings to go between each other in the senate I didn't know it was to the constituents.
America is slowly turning into a nation of misfits incapable of caring for themselves so they want bog uncle barry to do it for them. Whiney titty baby gimme gimme misfits.
What is really gonna suck is when the next generation strats voting. Indoctrinated with marxism in public schools the Next Genration is the ones that will bring the country down. I think right now, we still have a chance. I'm hoping, I'm hoping for change!
W

'97 F-350 4-WD
E4OD 3.55 gears
7.3 I-C stage 1's
38R
Termy modded 17*
Tru-Cool 4739
Swamps IDM Mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode