All talk, no action - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned

All talk, no action

Well it didn't take long for team Obummer to attack Ryan on the farm bill. Kind like over, here, attack a person for something they didn't even do.

In Iowa face-off, Ryan hammers jobs message as Obama employs drought politics | Fox News

the house approved a bipartisan farm bill, while the senate left town, yet obama blames Ryan for stalling the bill... Marvelous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 AM
Gandy Dancer

Re: All talk, no action

It's all over but the crying anyway.

Poke Here

Quote:
Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney's vice-presidential running mate, sold stock in US banks on the same day he attended a confidential meeting where top level officials disclosed the sector was heading for a deep crisis.

The congressman is facing questions about whether he profited from information gleaned from the meeting on 18 September 2008 when Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke, then treasury secretary Hank Paulson and others outlined their fears for the banking sector.

Public records show that on the same day, Ryan sold stock in troubled banks including Wachovia and Citigroup and bought shares in Goldman Sachs, Paulson's old employer and a bank that had been disclosed to be stronger than many of its rivals. The sale was not illegal at the time.

Not long after the meeting, Wachovia's already troubled share price went into free fall. It plunged 39% on the afternoon of 26 September alone as investors worried the bank would collapse. It was eventually taken over by Wells Fargo for $15bn, a fraction of its former value.

Buh-bye.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post

Poke Here

Buh-bye.

You wish. Oh wait, you have a shrine of Obummer in your bedroom. Why don't you look up what Obummer has done???? Oh wait, we have already uncovered all his shady past, but that is no big deal... right.

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:20 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
You wish. Oh wait, you have a shrine of Obummer in your bedroom. Why don't you look up what Obummer has done???? Oh wait, we have already uncovered all his shady past, but that is no big deal... right.
Uncovered what? All the stuff that people try to associate with Obama (Ayers, ACORN, birther conspiracy, etc) have all been proven false.

So I would really like to know what factual information you have that would indicate a "shady past".

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 AM
FNG

Quote:

Poke Here

Buh-bye.

Bye? Why last I checked insider trading was legal for congressional members

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Uncovered what? All the stuff that people try to associate with Obama (Ayers, ACORN, birther conspiracy, etc) have all been proven false.

So I would really like to know what factual information you have that would indicate a "shady past".
You are delusional!

This would be as if I were associated with skin heads and the KKKK. I have nothing to do with them... I only associated with them. This is only an analogy. Your reasoning is flawed.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:

Poke Here

Buh-bye.

Obama Now Facing Potentially Devastating Revelations Of Insider Trading With Personal Investments

"I did not know anything about this..." Sure you did...
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
You are delusional!

This would be as if I were associated with skin heads and the KKKK. I have nothing to do with them... I only associated with them. This is only an analogy. Your reasoning is flawed.
Exactly what I expected. I asked a very direct and simple question, and you didn't answer it. Instead you went off on a tangent that made zero sense whatsoever. Good job on the avoid and deflect once again.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Dumbest article ever. The writer of the article even admitted that all of Obama's stocks were traded without his input:

"Obama set up a trust that gave his broker authority to trade stocks on his behalf without his input, according to 16 pages of documents he released Wednesday."

Then the article goes on to state that Obama did not benefit anyone:

"The reports found no evidence that any of his actions ended up benefiting either company during the roughly eight months he owned the stocks. Obama lost about $15,000 on Skyterra and earned a profit of about $2,000 on AVI. Skyterra stocks continued to drop after Obama divested."

Lastly, the article admits there's nothing wrong:

"Senate ethics rules do not prohibit lawmakers from owning stocks in companies that do business with the federal government."

Now, in relation to Ryan - he won't be charged with anything either. Ryan didn't break any rules, because there was no law at the time that prohibited congressmen from trading based on information gleaned from congressional meetings. There is a law now, but there is no indication that Ryan has made any such trades since the law went into effect.

In short, both arguments are pointless.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Exactly what I expected. I asked a very direct and simple question, and you didn't answer it. Instead you went off on a tangent that made zero sense whatsoever. Good job on the avoid and deflect once again.

Why do I need to. We have covered this several times before. You wanna go back down memory lane, or do you suffer from CRS????

I forget I am speaking with children here...

Apparently my analogy didn't even register... But you would believe that, not Obama though, heavens no...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode