Why Bush was so bad at the end of his term... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Why Bush was so bad at the end of his term...

THINK ABOUT IT!!!#
This tells the story, why Bush was so bad at the end of his term.
#
Some people aren't aware of all of this.# Don't just skim over this, please read it slowly and let it sink in.# If in doubt, check it out.
#
The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3,#2007... the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.
#
The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.
#
For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:
January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress. At the time:
#
The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
The Unemployment rate was 4.6%
#
George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH
Remember the day...
#
January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.
#
The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!
#
Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES!
#
Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.
#
And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA
And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
OBAMA and the Democrat Congress
So when someone tries to blame Bush...
#
REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"
Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress,#and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.
#
Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 &#2011.
In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.
#
For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets.
#
And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.
#
If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.
#
If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is#"I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Junior Mint

Re: Why Bush was so bad at the end of his term...

Wow. And to think that a miniscule Dem majority in one house, and a tie in the other house, w/ a Rep in the White House w/ final veto power could have done so much bad.

This is stupid. Even more stupid if you believe it.

The recession was caused by years of bad policy, not 16 months of gridlock in the Legislature. Get a clue!

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I'm not denying its been building for yrs.
The point of this is. The left is blaming bush for everything. That all this is from him. Well his last 4 yrs. The left controlled congress. And over road what Bush wanted to do. What it really boils down to. Is we need to kick all of them out. Both sides and start over.

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
I'm not denying its been building for yrs.
The point of this is. The left is blaming bush for everything. That all this is from him. Well his last 4 yrs. The left controlled congress. And over road what Bush wanted to do. What it really boils down to. Is we need to kick all of them out. Both sides and start over.

Your first post was spot on! People like suns can't come to the conclusion that the left really drove us over the cliff. I am not saying the republicans were not at any fault of their own, but the left was behind the wheel with people like Pelosi, Rangel, and Reid navigating.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
Your first post was spot on! People like suns can't come to the conclusion that the left really drove us over the cliff. I am not saying the republicans were not at any fault of their own, but the left was behind the wheel with people like Pelosi, Rangel, and Reid navigating.
People like blunder cant help but blame the left for everything, there is just no way the people they believe in are full of #### and pulling the same crap... Its fact, because I say it is.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
People like blunder cant help but blame the left for everything, there is just no way the people they believe in are full of #### and pulling the same crap... Its fact, because I say it is.

Are you this illiterate? Can you read. I clearly said republicans were responsible as well, by allowing these idiots to run wild. They just didn't have control of the wheel.

Everytime you try and validate the dumbocrats actions whenever you can. You clearly are a confused individual.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
Quote:
Quote:
What part of Obamacare did Obama write?

What part of it did he vote on?

The only thing he did is sign it into law, which you can blame him for, however he did not write or vote on the law.

Our Presidents have very little power to do anything. Blame your buddys in Congress, you know, the ones YOU voted in.
So this looks a little confusing, because want to blame bush for the down turn of the economy, but didn't Congress go majority Democrat after the 06' elections? So please tell me how the statement above holds true? So Bush is to blame even though quoting you the President has very little power to do anything without Congresses support (which I generally agree with that statement, the President has ways to sway his party to do what he wants, but not the apposing party. The apposing party will dig in and nothing will be accomplished unless it is supported by both parties. Which I kinda like opposite parties having control of the house and senate, because nothing happens then, which is usually a good thing.) but Obama isn't to blame for Obamacare because it was Congress that passed it? Do you see your own hypocrisy here?

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Poh
Respect my awesomeness

its circular logic.

The problem goes back years...... decades ....... centuries even. over 200 years of deficit spending and tax and spend policies.

you want to blame somebody, blame the American people. We caused this mess and now it is too out of control to clean it up. Time to pull it up at the roots and start over.

96 F350 Crew Cab Dually. 7.3L stroke. CXracing intercooler, 3" Down pipe, Tru cool max transmission cooler, EBV delete.

just to live does not mean you're alive
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
So this looks a little confusing, because want to blame bush for the down turn of the economy, but didn't Congress go majority Democrat after the 06' elections? So please tell me how the statement above holds true? So Bush is to blame even though quoting you the President has very little power to do anything without Congresses support (which I generally agree with that statement, the President has ways to sway his party to do what he wants, but not the apposing party. The apposing party will dig in and nothing will be accomplished unless it is supported by both parties. Which I kinda like opposite parties having control of the house and senate, because nothing happens then, which is usually a good thing.) but Obama isn't to blame for Obamacare because it was Congress that passed it? Do you see your own hypocrisy here?
I'm not sure who your getting at there...

I dont blame bush for anything. I dont blame Obama for anything.

There are two places the blame for our issues and problems now lays.

Congress and you...

And by you I mean everyone of voting age.

Congress is dirty, crooked, lieing, bunch of do nothing and get everything waste of air.

There is not one of them in there that is not there for there own selfish wants and needs.

We will never fix our issues with government until there is strict term limits. Two terms in the senate and 4 terms in the house. After that you go back to your regular day job.

No life time pensions, no life time health care. That is all bull####.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

CS. I can agree with everything you said. But the Part about the term limits.
Max 2 yrs for them all. And have it staggered.
The presidents do need to hold some of the blame also.
Until we as voters vote them all out. We are in trouble.
Some thing else if you have been on welfare longer than a yr. your vote only counts as half. That way these Fkers won't give all this crap away for votes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode