food prices to rise - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

food prices to rise

Well I know I said it before, but this will go higher (prolly closer to 8%) when they do start harvesting and find out there isn't as much as they first estimated.

Food Inflation May Rise to 3% to 4% in 2013 After Drought - The Washington Post

Beef prices also will be higher than anticipated.

Well when you see this firsthand, it is easy to predict.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: food prices to rise

This is getting more dire as days pass.
Drought grips more than half of nation - THonline.com: National/World: droughts, atmospheric sciences, meteorology, food and drink, hydrology

Indiana is the hardest hit and they are considered ground zero for disaster. Indiana farmers unload livestock as drought continues The Herald Bulletin

Mississippi River so low, cargo barges run aground - US news - Environment - NBCNews.com

Barges are one of the main carriers of commodities for the midwest. This is gonna be a huge factor for price increases. We've already been told by our supplies on fertilizer that this is taxing the system and expect prices to increase because of this.

I don't mean to paint a gloom and doom picture, but I am just informing all of you who are not aware or don't live near any of these hard hit areas how bad it is and how it affects everyone. Things are bad and I see it here and I hear it from farmers outside my state. All you have to do is go to livestock sale barn and find out.

Cows in the Western states are breaking their feet/legs cause the cracks in the earth are so large.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode