This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 6,567
This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

This section has gone full blown retarded. I had my fun picking on the weak minded simpletons, but I'm getting bored of it and ready to find fun elsewhere.

But before I do, I'm going to lay it out exactly how participating in this section really goes.

Usually a thread is started, most of the time it's an alarmist type post full of doom and gloom, laden heavy with bias.

Inevitably someone will point out the dishonesty and bias of what was posted, often times followed by a quip of how gullible so many folks are for believing it. In reality, it's often deserved, as some of these stories are extremely outlandish and border on insanity.

So is the actual information ever questioned by those who blindly believe it? Of course not. Instead, the reaction is to bristle up and go on the defensive, which usually immediately is taken into name-calling, bashing, etc.

What is sad is how when obvious and indisputable facts are presented, and there is no way to overcome the logic of a sound argument, the wingnut behavior takes over. That behavior is best illustrated by the following video clip. Note that when an indisputable fact is presented, the irrational behavior that follows from the other party is nothing more than a ridiculous response:


And that's how thread after thread after thread after thread evolve. Nothing ever changes. There are those who constantly feel they must remain divided, and will do everything in their power to label others as being extremists in the opposite direction..... logic, rational thought, facts, and common sense be damned. Nothing more than boiling down to "I'm a better American/Patriot than you, and let me demean you as much as I can to prove it".


So, let me lay out a guide to political arguments. This simply describes step-by-step how every political argument is approached by the resident wingnuts on this forum, and the irrationality that follows.

1) The Irrelevant Thesis: This is the rebuttal that fails to address the central argument. It's a way to dodge a direct question by creating a new and separate argument. This also incorporates the addition of "two wrongs make a right" fallacy, which again distracts from the central argument, and dodges direct questioning.

2) The Fallacious Argument: This is the rebuttal that does nothing more than attack the other party rather than addressing actual concerns, questions, or the central argument. Rather than debate the pros or cons of an argument, it's a tactic to call the opponent names and/or label them as extremists on one side or the other. The issue here is that the name calling and mud slinging, even if some or part of it may be true, still doesn't mean the opponent is wrong. Einstein could have been a sheep fukker, but that still doesn't dismiss his theory of relativity.

3) The Straw Man Argument: This is where someone intentionally misrepresents their opponent's position. It is the idea of arguing with a man you just created out of straw. It doesn't actually exist, but you will argue with it anyway as if it were true. This also incorporates media where quotes are strategically recontextualized to seem far more sinister than they are and altered to appear to make points that were never intended by the original speaker.

4) The Slippery Slope: This argument presupposes that one small step in any given direction will inevitably lead to an extreme outcome. This typically includes hyperbolic assumptions that this country is turning socialist or totalitarian, and that the next step will begin an irreversible process that will ensure this inevitable outcome.

5) The Unfalsifiable Hypothesis: This is exactly how it sounds, a theory that cannot be disproved. An example would be solipsism, the idea that only you exist, and everything that is happening around you, everything you perceive, and everything you experience is all in your imagination. It is impossible to prove, thus an unfalsifiable hypothesis. This is typically seen in religious arguments. In politics, it often involves conspiracies. This argument typically utilizes the method of "special pleading" to validate the argument. This is where someone argues that skeptics just aren't open minded to the idea, and thus they can't relate.

6) The Fallacy of the Single Cause: You can probably guess this one. It's where an argument places all blame or all praise on one singular cause. The problem with this argument is that often times there are multiple factors at play to produce the outcome. In addition, the "single cause" may have only played a very insignificant roll. But to the person arguing with this tactic, all other factors are beside the point, and thus ignored entirely. This is where arguments spawn such as the "right-wing media", the "liberal media", "education indoctrination", "the elitists", "big business", etc.

7) The Appeal to Motive: This is pretty straightforward. It's the argument that someone is in a position or is doing something because of a singular motive. Often times it's a sinister motive, such as bringing about the destruction of the current status quo, often to the doom of the civilization as we know it. An argument that is typically a by-product of the appeal to motive is the "guilt by association". This invokes the typical "you're either with me, or against me".

8) The Argumentum ad Populum: This is the argument that if enough people believe something, then it must be true. It's the idea that a larger group of people can't possibly be wrong. Often seen in religious arguments (there are so many believers of Christ, so it must be true. That many people can't be wrong), but often spills into political arguments as well. If something is popular enough, or if enough people believe it, then it must be true and there is no argument against it. This is also an argument that is widely used in news media.

9) The Argumentum ad Metum: This one is a combination of a bunch of the above fallacies, as it can be an irrelevant thesis, an unfalsifiable hypothesis, an appeal to motive, and a slippery slope straw man argument, as in the example, "If we don't do X, the terrorists win." This argument typically resorts to fear-mongering, and often resorts to sensationalism and over-dramatization. These arguments typically play to people's emotions very strongly.

10) The Argumentum ad Nauseam: This is the argument that is used over and over, time after time, even when the argument has been completely debunked and disproven. The idea here is that if people hear it enough, they may come to believe it eventually. Seen in politics often, such as the Birther conspiracy. No matter how many times it's debunked and proven as false, the Birther's come back in droves with the exact same arguments time and time again. This is where arguments in politics just never change.



I don't take credit for that list. I stole it like the thieving bastard I am.

However, it's very easy to go back into almost any political or religious thread, and see these illogical political arguments at work. They are repeated time and time and time again, without fail. This is why I'm bored playing this game. So now instead of pointing out the obvious in each individual thread and argument, I'm now pointing out the obvious of how this entire section functions overall. When you read that list, then stop and think about it, these arguments have gone full retard.

So with that said, I'm not going to disappear from this section forever. I'm just going to take a step back on how often I read/post here. Don't worry, I'll still be an a$$hole, that's for certain. For I would rather look like a jerk than an idiot. So when I do decide to grace everyone with my presence, and give you the privilege of allowing you to read my thoughts online, be assured they will reside in the form of absolute sarcasm and mockery.

Enjoy.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
Pocket is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:39 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
 
CSIPSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 12,083
Re: This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

Left wing nut job that you are... Your a poor excuse of an american... You should get a job and stop living off my tax dollars...




Get my package yet?

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
CSIPSD is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 6,567
Re: This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Left wing nut job that you are... Your a poor excuse of an american... You should get a job and stop living off my tax dollars...




Get my package yet?
Son of a b!tch. I forgot to check the mail when I got home. I'm pretty sure it's in there now.

I'll call you this weekend to go over the details of what you want burned, and what changes to make to Chelsea's Ex.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
Pocket is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 11:09 AM
TennesseeHillbilly
 
whitjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Greenest State in the Land of the Free"
Posts: 1,318
Re: This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
So with that said, I'm not going to disappear from this section forever. I'm just going to take a step back on how often I read/post here. Don't worry, I'll still be an a$$hole, that's for certain. For I would rather look like a jerk than an idiot. So when I do decide to grace everyone with my presence, and give you the privilege of allowing you to read my thoughts online, be assured they will reside in the form of absolute sarcasm and mockery.

Enjoy.
Wow!......Curtis that's some dissertation there

But I beg you to reconsider......it just won't be as much fun without you.............I've said it before and again I have to admit that a large % of the time when I post some of that sh!t......it's simply to just mess with you and Ricky(Gandy).

I don't take time to research any of it......because it doesn't really matter in the context of an internet forum. No one is gonna change their mind, or change sides on an issue because of what's posted on an internet truck forum. Add to that the fact that there are two sides to every argument, and often there are valid points on both sides.....I suppose that it simply boils down to who's side is one on and how emotional does one become regarding his or her personal convictions.

Please advise as to which sections you will be in.....perhaps I will be able to find you and mess with you there?

Looking forward to it.......as I sincerely remain a redneck, bigot, incestual, racist, and happy hillbilly!
Whit

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
whitjo is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
<-- it's like that
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 6,567
Re: This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
Wow!......Curtis that's some dissertation there

But I beg you to reconsider......it just won't be as much fun without you.............I've said it before and again I have to admit that a large % of the time when I post some of that sh!t......it's simply to just mess with you and Ricky(Gandy).
I know.

I'm like Jesus ascending into heaven, and you are all my disciples begging me not to go just yet.

But just like Jesus, I too have fun yanking the cranks of others on this forum for my own amusement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
I don't take time to research any of it......because it doesn't really matter in the context of an internet forum. No one is gonna change their mind, or change sides on an issue because of what's posted on an internet truck forum. Add to that the fact that there are two sides to every argument, and often there are valid points on both sides.....I suppose that it simply boils down to who's side is one on and how emotional does one become regarding his or her personal convictions.
Emotions are for women only. Keep that b!tch sh!t out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
Please advise as to which sections you will be in.....perhaps I will be able to find you and mess with you there?
Thou knowest not the hour when my father returneth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
Looking forward to it.......as I sincerely remain a redneck, bigot, incestual, racist, and happy hillbilly!
I f*cked your girlfriend last night:




She was a.....





























get ready for it......



























baaaad girl.








Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
Pocket is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 11:32 AM
TennesseeHillbilly
 
whitjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Greenest State in the Land of the Free"
Posts: 1,318
Re: This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

.............................. ...........

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump "that's all I got to say about that"

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
whitjo is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Plover WI
Posts: 345
Re: This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

Like I said many times before, its your story, you can tell it however you want.

Some people accept what is happening, others defy it.

The truth will set you free.

Quote:
Man will occasionally stumble
over the truth, but most of the time
he will pick himself up and continue on
- Winston Churchill
Binderpower is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 03:55 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
 
CSIPSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 12,083
Re: This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

How many times have you fallen down binder? Do you have a standing acount with the bandaid company?

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
CSIPSD is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Plover WI
Posts: 345
Re: This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
How many times have you fallen down binder? Do you have a standing acount with the bandaid company?
I love it. I have a fan club, everywhere I go, you always show up to make me look better. Thank you.
Binderpower is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 07:00 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
 
CSIPSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 12,083
Re: This is what arguing politics and religion is on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I love it. I have a fan club, everywhere I go, you always show up to make me look better. Thank you.
Fan club... na... It is fun to see what dumb thing you will say today. I look foward to it.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
CSIPSD is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome