Obama's "trickle up" poverty plan is working... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

Obama's "trickle up" poverty plan is working...

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The ranks of America's poor are on track to climb to levels unseen in nearly half a century, erasing gains from the war on poverty in the 1960s amid a weak economy and fraying government safety net.

Census figures for 2011 will be released this fall in the critical weeks ahead of the November elections.

The Associated Press surveyed more than a dozen economists, think tanks and academics, both nonpartisan and those with known liberal or conservative leanings, and found a broad consensus: The official poverty rate will rise from 15.1 percent in 2010, climbing as high as 15.7 percent. Several predicted a more modest gain, but even a 0.1 percentage point increase would put poverty at the highest level since 1965.

Poverty is spreading at record levels across many groups, from underemployed workers and suburban families to the poorest poor. More discouraged workers are giving up on the job market, leaving them vulnerable as unemployment aid begins to run out. Suburbs are seeing increases in poverty, including in such political battlegrounds as Colorado, Florida and Nevada, where voters are coping with a new norm of living hand to mouth.
And who's surprised? Man...if Obama gets re-elected he's REALLY gonna inherit a mess this time...wonder who he'll blame

Last time it was "spread the wealth around" now it's "spread the poverty everywhere".......

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 12:30 AM
<-- it's like that

Re: Obama's "trickle up" poverty plan is working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
And who's surprised? Man...if Obama gets re-elected he's REALLY gonna inherit a mess this time...wonder who he'll blame

Last time it was "spread the wealth around" now it's "spread the poverty everywhere".......
I'm confused as to exactly which Obama policy is directly responsible for this.

I was under the impression that this recession began before Obama took office. Furthermore, I was under the impression that most government spending has been mostly carry-overs from the previous administration, and that there haven't really been much in terms of changes as to where the money is going, and how much is being spent.

So please, enlighten all of us to exactly which policy we can direct attribute to the rise in poverty, so that we can factually blame Obama 100% for all of it.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I'm confused as to exactly which Obama policy is directly responsible for this.

I was under the impression that this recession began before Obama took office. Furthermore, I was under the impression that most government spending has been mostly carry-overs from the previous administration, and that there haven't really been much in terms of changes as to where the money is going, and how much is being spent.

So please, enlighten all of us to exactly which policy we can direct attribute to the rise in poverty, so that we can factually blame Obama 100% for all of it.
Sometimes it becomes not so much a matter of what's been done as it is a matter of what hasn't been done......surely you comprehend that concept?

A man who made promises, that he doesn't have the ability or intention of keeping, in order to pander votes from those who are unable to discern.

Maybe you're all for selling out the future generations?

Quote:
As part of his "Win the Future" program, Mr. Obama called for "taking responsibility for our deficits, by cutting wasteful, excessive spending wherever we find it."

His latest budget projects a $1.3 trillion deficit this year declining to $901 billion in 2012, and then annual deficits in the range of $500 billion to $700 billion in the 10 years to come.

If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg debt.jpg (53.1 KB, 9 views)

PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped

post #4 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Gandy Dancer

So Obama's biggest failing, is the fact that he didn't pull us out of Bush's mess......fast enough?

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #5 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Banned

Pocketman and Candylandman just don't get it. Pocket you can say whatever you want, but you are definitely a bleeding heart liberal. You can't even acknowledge the most obvious is happening.

And Candypants, he took Bush and multiplied it by 10. If you thought Bush was bad, Obummers is 10 times worse and made the economy 10 time worse.
post #6 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
So Obama's biggest failing, is the fact that he didn't pull us out of Bush's mess......fast enough?

He can't...he doesn't have the ability........In another four years will he pull us out of HIS mess? I was merely pointing out that UNDER OBAMA poverty is on the rise......

PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped

post #7 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
He can't...he doesn't have the ability........In another four years will he pull us out of HIS mess? I was merely pointing out that UNDER OBAMA poverty is on the rise......
I have better conversations with a tree than these two clowns.
post #8 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

Quote:
I have better conversations with a tree than these two clowns.
Naw.....it's fun to argue with them......I get my morning started off with laughter....at their expense

PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped

post #9 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 11:34 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Sometimes it becomes not so much a matter of what's been done as it is a matter of what hasn't been done......surely you comprehend that concept?
I have a concept that I'm certain you can comprehend. Not so sure about a few other guys here *cough*Binder*cough*, since they're kinda dumb. But you're a smart guy.

The executive branch is not the legislative branch.

So you want Obama to do what exactly... create laws? The instant he does any executive orders, people here go ape-sh!t.

Congress obviously isn't doing anything about it, and Obama can't force their votes.

Plus people want Obama to create jobs, but don't want him to spend a dime to do so. Is he magically supposed to pull jobs out of his ass?

See my point? If not, I'll explain. Folks here whine and cry about Obama that he isn't creating jobs or improving the economy. Yet any action he may possibly try to take that he has power over (such as executive orders or budget proposals), people go nuts and don't want him to do anything. They want him to do things but don't want him to do anything. Get it?

Quote:
A man who made promises, that he doesn't have the ability or intention of keeping, in order to pander votes from those who are unable to discern.
Sounds exactly like every other politician. Also sounds like Romney.

Quote:
Maybe you're all for selling out the future generations?
Why would I be in favor of "selling out the future generations"?

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 11:36 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Pocketman and Candylandman just don't get it. Pocket you can say whatever you want, but you are definitely a bleeding heart liberal. You can't even acknowledge the most obvious is happening.
Oh, you think this next part is happening?

Quote:
And Candypants, he took Bush and multiplied it by 10. If you thought Bush was bad, Obummers is 10 times worse and made the economy 10 time worse.
No. That's a flat out lie. Now you're just making stuff up at this point.

How about you tell us all what is ACTUALLY happening, rather than lying your ass off constantly about it.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode