NCAA Sanctions Penn State - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

NCAA Sanctions Penn State

Quote:
The NCAA slammed Penn State with an unprecedented series of penalties Monday, including a $60 million fine and the loss of all coach Joe Paterno's victories from 1998-2011, in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.

Other sanctions include a four-year ban on bowl games, the loss of 20 scholarships per year over four years and five years' probation. The NCAA also said that any current or incoming football players are free to immediately transfer and compete at another school.
Enough? Too much?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 02:19 PM
TennesseeHillbilly

Re: NCAA Sanctions Penn State

The article I read stated that the NCAA stopped short of the "death penalty" which would have put an end to the football program.

These sanctions have basically done just that. The problem (in my opinion) is that it has punished the players...those who had no control of what was going on behind the scenes and who had played their hearts out to win.

I'm not a big fan of sports anyway because it's become nothing more than a huge business and isn't about the sport as much as it is the money.

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
PSN Veteran

students at penn state should be ashamed of themselves. Some dont understand that they have to take the statue down because the university CANNOT BE ASSOCIATED with Joe Paterno anymore moving forward into the future. the students are more concerned with remembering joe paterno and worshiping him after he has passed more then they are concerned about the victims of jerry sandusky and joe paterno. it's sad to see a younger generation like that support the monster that Joe Paterno was and not come out in droves for the victims. The students of penn state have shown their true colors, blue and white.

2003 6.0 f250 ccsb 4x4 auto

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 12:26 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
The problem (in my opinion) is that it has punished the players...those who had no control of what was going on behind the scenes and who had played their hearts out to win.
Exactly what I was thinking.

The NCAA stripped away wins, pulled scholarships, and have banned them from bowl games for the next 4 years. I'm not sure what the point of that was other than to tell the kids it's their fault.

Big fines for the school, as well as pulling down the statue are something I don't have a problem with, since those are direct actions against those who were actually involved. I also would support other punishments for those directly involved.

But going after those who had nothing to do with it was just a retarded move.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 12:27 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
students at penn state should be ashamed of themselves. Some dont understand that they have to take the statue down because the university CANNOT BE ASSOCIATED with Joe Paterno anymore moving forward into the future. the students are more concerned with remembering joe paterno and worshiping him after he has passed more then they are concerned about the victims of jerry sandusky and joe paterno. it's sad to see a younger generation like that support the monster that Joe Paterno was and not come out in droves for the victims. The students of penn state have shown their true colors, blue and white.
I'm so glad that you have the integrity to blindly put words into the mouths of others. I guess you're a mind reader now?

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 01:32 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I'm so glad that you have the integrity to blindly put words into the mouths of others. I guess you're a mind reader now?
Um...no. I watch the news and sportscenter and listen to what the students say.

didn't put words in anyone's mouth. If you listen, you'll hear them say what I heard them say.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 02:06 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Um...no. I watch the news and sportscenter and listen to what the students say.

didn't put words in anyone's mouth. If you listen, you'll hear them say what I heard them say.

I'm still wondering how your assumptions magically apply to all students there.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I'm still wondering how your assumptions magically apply to all students there.
Arent' assumptions and they don't.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
So can you give me the sources that Joe Paterno was molesting little boys? Now if you said Jerry Sandusky was a monster, I don't think anyone would argue with you, but saying Joe was the same is just a little bit of a stretch

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 03:12 AM
PSN Veteran

Anyone who knew and did nothing is just as guilty to me. Telling your boss about that doesn't qualify as doing something. So yes Paterno was a monster.

Pat

2003 2500hd ccsb, intake 5" straight pipe, ad2 165, Bosch remans, ride right bags, tinted windows, ppe boost valve, on the way leveling kit 285's, efi live, built trans and batmo wheel
1996 E350 4x4 sled puller Draggin Wagon

Carpenter's local 2214 St. Louis, MO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode