Things that require a photo ID - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Yeah, it's like that

Things that require a photo ID

So let's start a thread of things you need a Photo ID for, because you don't need it to vote and people are getting their panties in a bunch that it might be required. I will start a list, of things that need a photo ID, add what I forgot:

1. Buy Smokes or Chew
2. Buy Beer or Alcohol
3. Purchase a Firearm
4. Purchase Ammo, depending on the state
5. Drive a Car, Truck or Motorcycle
6. Get on a Plane
7. Private Pilot a plane
8. Rent a Car
9. Rent anything from a rental store
10. Check out a book from a public libary
11. Get a dept. store credit card

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 01:26 AM
<-- it's like that

Re: Things that require a photo ID

I still don't see what the issue is here. Every time I have voted, I had to show a picture ID. This includes the states of Texas, South Carolina, and Colorado.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I still don't see what the issue is here. Every time I have voted, I had to show a picture ID. This includes the states of Texas, South Carolina, and Colorado.
Well, there are states that it isn't required, I live in one of them

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 AM

Voter ID: State Requirements

If I counted correctly

21 states require no ID
19 states require an ID that does not have to include photo, including SC, TX, CO

Quote:
Non-Photo ID: All voters must show ID at the polls. The list of acceptable IDs is varied and includes options that do not have a photo, such as a utility bill or bank statement with the voter's name and address

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Banned

I also live in one. They passed the bill, but now our activist judges have denied it. It will take 9 months thru the court of appeals to get it back on the books. This is a game for them. The only thing in life you only live once, and to screw the mass populace is not a game.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 11:30 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Well, there are states that it isn't required, I live in one of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Voter ID: State Requirements

If I counted correctly

21 states require no ID
19 states require an ID that does not have to include photo, including SC, TX, CO
Ok, some states technically require ID, but it doesn't have to necessarily be a photo ID (although a photo ID still works). Presumably since most people carry around their driver's license in their wallets rather than their utility bill, it would be safe to assume that most people in those states still use photo ID.

Now the next question...... isn't this a state issue, rather than a federal issue? In other words, shouldn't the states be responsible for establishing their ID requirements, rather than the federal government interfering? After all, that's the tone that continues to pop up time and time again on this forum.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 11:45 AM

Sure, it is a state issue, let them make their laws....but then the states must get it approved by the Feds (DOJ)

The Feds have made it a requirement to have a government issued photo id to open a bank account or to get a job yet will deny a voter id law because it is disenfranchising.

So is the photo id requirement to open a bank account or get a job disenfranchising?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

never mind, PSrumours just beat me to it.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Ok, some states technically require ID, but it doesn't have to necessarily be a photo ID (although a photo ID still works). Presumably since most people carry around their driver's license in their wallets rather than their utility bill, it would be safe to assume that most people in those states still use photo ID.

Now the next question...... isn't this a state issue, rather than a federal issue? In other words, shouldn't the states be responsible for establishing their ID requirements, rather than the federal government interfering? After all, that's the tone that continues to pop up time and time again on this forum.
Ok, lets make it the states responsibility to enforce state elections to voter ID if they so choose. If they don't want to make their state photo ID for proof to vote, they don't have too. Their presidential votes don't count and they don't have representation in the federal senate or House of Representatives. They can have their own corrupt state gov'ts. But why should I be governed by a vote from Willy Wonka because nobody checked to see if he can legally vote?

Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Junior Mint

Those other activies (like buying alcohol) are activities that people commonly try to "fake" who they actually are. Or in the case of getting on a plane they are trying to kill people or get out of the country illegally.

Voting is completely different because:
1) You have to be in your voting district. It's not like a random person can walk in anywhere and claim to be someone and have a vote counted. You have to state your name and address, they find you on the list, and then you are able to vote. Then your vote is checked against the same name to make certain the same name didn't vote 2x in the same precinct. Furthermore you have to be registered beforehand which required the same address as your driver's license, etc...
2) Voter fraud is a nonexistant problem. Ask yourself: Why are Repubican lawmakers fixated on adding more regulation to something that isn't even a problem in the first place when our country has so many real problems?
3) Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, you should never be in favor of a voting eligible American being denied the right to vote over a partisan arguement. All this law does is prevent actual eligible votors from actually voting. There is no actual voter fraud (there were something like 7 actual cases, which were then denied the vote, in the last major election I once read). The Republican goal here is simply to disenfranchise those groups that they know vote disproportionally Democratic. Students living away from home for college, working poor, single mothers, etc...

I'm officially...Stroke-less.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode