GSA anyone?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned

GSA anyone??

I am not understanding why this agency even exist or what they really do, besides waste our money. I have pointed out waste before, and many don't think it is a big deal this piddly stuff here and there. But in the grand scheme of it all, you begin adding all this piddly crap all up, it begins to add up substantially. I know this GSA spending spree has steadily gotten worse over the years. I am sick and tired of wasteful spending period.

I know, save it. I am a whiny little beeatch once again, cause I point out crap like this. Think for a moment though as you budget your monthly bills. If you were using a credit card to pay for tiddly winks and such, I think after a while (any rational person would quit the habit), the spending would stop, cause there is no return on the investment. So quit clowning around already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Gandy Dancer

Re: GSA anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I am not understanding why this agency even exist or what they really do, besides waste our money.
At least you're honest this time.

Not everyone would admit that they're too stupid or lazy, to make even a token effort to find out about a subject...before they blather about how they're against it.

While there's no question there needs to be some house cleaning at the top, it's also obvious that you don't have a clue (once again) of what you're talking about.......

GSA

Quote:
GSA Quick Facts

- 12,635: Number of full-time employees (as of Sept. 30, 2011)

- $26.3 billion: Budget (fiscal year 2008)

- $500 billion: Amount of federal assets managed by GSA

- 9,600: Number of federally owned or leased buildings managed by GSA

- 215,000: Number of vehicles owned or leased by GSA

- 478: Number of historic properties preserved by GSA

- 98.1: Percentage of budget paid for through services provided by GSA

- 1.9: Percentage of budget paid for by congressional appropriations

Quote:
I know, save it. I am a whiny little beeatch once again, cause I point out crap like this.
Not true.

You're a "whiny little beeatch" because..........you're just a whiny little beeatch.

Quote:
Think for a moment though as you budget your monthly bills. If you were using a credit card to pay for tiddly winks and such, I think after a while (any rational person would quit the habit), the spending would stop, cause there is no return on the investment. So quit clowning around already.
Almost every single time I don't think you can surpass your previous idiotic posts......you prove me wrong.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks for pointing out the waste. So it is a bunch of wasteful spending. And again, thanks for the kind thoughts. You once again provide so much insightful feedback...

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
GSA Quick Facts

- $26.3 billion: Budget (fiscal year 2008)
What was their budget in 2009, 2010, 2011, or 2012? Oh, that's right, we haven't had a budget since that bastard of a President Bush right???

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
What was their budget in 2009, 2010, 2011, or 2012? Oh, that's right, we haven't had a budget since that bastard of a President Bush right???
lol

Instead of acknowledging that your little buddy Boy Blunder is talking out of his azz again.......... you take the opportunity to get a shot in at Obama.

I'm proud of ya.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
- 98.1: Percentage of budget paid for through services provided by GSA

- 1.9: Percentage of budget paid for by congressional appropriations
Doesn't that still add up to nearly 100% tax payer money considering the GSA's "customer" is the Federal Government?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Doesn't that still add up to nearly 100% tax payer money considering the GSA's "customer" is the Federal Government?
Almost everything the government owns, came from taxpayer money.....so what's your point?

Or do you think that the $500 BILLION worth of assets (vehicles, property, equipment. etc.) that the government owns...............can just manage themselves?

Quote:
I can be possible.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Almost everything the government owns, came from taxpayer money.....so what's your point?
You posted the 98.1% figure coming from services as an illusion to make it seem as if the GSA is offering services that actually bring in money to the Fed just as they did on their website. While they may not be directly appropriated funds from congress, congress must still appropriate funds to agencies to pay the GSA.

Quote:
Or do you think that the $500 BILLION worth of assets (vehicles, property, equipment. etc.) that the government owns...............can just manage themselves?

Property management I have no real problem with it's the part where they purchase technology from private companies, mark it up and sell it to other agencies to cover their "costs" when in contrast the agencies could buy direct from the private companies at the reduced cost. This type of service is just a way to grow government.

We have this same type of setup in GA called The Department of Administrative Services (DOAS). It's a loser her in GA and my bet is it is a loser in DC

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
You posted the 98.1% figure coming from services as an illusion to make it seem as if the GSA is offering services that actually bring in money to the Fed just as they did on their website. While they may not be directly appropriated funds from congress, congress must still appropriate funds to agencies to pay the GSA.
Don't you think the government would be paying someone else to manage all of the assets anyway?

Supposedly (if it's run properly), at least you don't have an outside private entity being tempted to play games with government property.

Quote:
Property management I have no real problem with it's the part where they purchase technology from private companies, mark it up and sell it to other agencies to cover their "costs" when in contrast the agencies could buy direct from the private companies at the reduced cost. This type of service is just a way to grow government.

We have this same type of setup in GA called The Department of Administrative Services (DOAS). It's a loser her in GA and my bet is it is a loser in DC
Do you have some specific examples of this happening?

How about a scope (how often and how much money are we talking about)?

At least you have some idea of what they do.........unlike the dipchit that started the thread.

Quote:
I can be possible.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 AM
--------

Turn the property management over to Trump and save 50%. Turn over the procurement to Wal-Mart...again...50% savings. Close the department.

2004 F250 SC Shortbed 6.0 (03 Engine) Auto 4X2 Lariat, John Wood SCT, 4" Turbo back exhaust with cat, Boze Fatal Eight 20x10 Wheels, Toyo Proxes ST 305/50-20 Tires

Quote:
Spelling is a lossed art.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Always be sincere...even if you don't mean it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode