More double standards-media picking winners and loser - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Banned

More double standards-media picking winners and loser

Does Obama Imagine Bob and Nancy Strait as His Parents?

Nancy and Bob Strait

Here’s a story you won’t hear about in the mainstream media.

Bob Strait, 90 a veteran of the 101st Airborne, was married to his wife Nancy, 85, for 65 years.
A few days ago, their home in Tulsa, Oklahoma was invaded by Tyrone Dale David Woodfork, 20, a black thug armed with a BB gun.
Tyrone beat the aged couple and raped Nancy to death.

Tyrone Dale David Woodfork

Our post-racial President has made no statement about this outrage.

And except for the local media in Oklahoma, no one has noticed.

Instead, all the self-righteous attention is on black victim Trayvon Martin, and the demonized George Zimmerman, described by the NY Times as a “white Hispanic” a racial classification of which I have never heard, but leave it to liberals to out-Nazi the Nuremberg Laws.

George Zimmerman will be charged with a hate crime. Again, leave it to liberals to classify a victim hierarchy based on race.

Let me state the obvious: The Straits are not the victims of a hate crime, they don’t even exist and count for nothing in the cynical calculus that animates the mainstream media and the politicians who feed on politically correct corpses.

As for President Obama, you can be sure he does not imagine Bob or Nancy Strait as his parents.

A fund has been set up at Arvest Bank to help the family cover funeral expenses for Nancy Strait and rehabilitation for Bob Strait. The fund is called the Nancy Strait and Bob Strait Support Trust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Caption This

Re: More double standards-media picking winners and loser

Published: 3/14 5:37 pm

Tulsa police are investigating the violent beating of an elderly couple in their home Wednesday.

Police say they got a call just after 4 p.m. from a relative who found the couple injured in their home in the 3300 block of East Virgin Street.

Police say the door to their home had been kicked in. A 90-year old man and his 85-year old wife were severely beaten. EMSA officials say they are both in critical condition at a Tulsa hospital.

The suspects took several items from the home and the couple’s vehicle. Officers are looking for a red 2001 Plymouth Breeze, Oklahoma Tag 402GCV.

By Wednesday night, police said the man had regained consciousness, and was working with investigators to piece together what happened.

Relatives of the couple stopped by every day to check on the couple, and told police they were just fine as late as 6:30 Tuesday evening. Police say nobody can remember seeing the couple's vehicle after noon Wednesday, so investigators think the crime happened sometime Wednesday morning.

"It's a terrible crime," Capt. Dave Roberts, Tulsa Police Department, said. "They were beaten pretty severely."

"I think it's a shame," Dennis Harris, who lives down the street from the couple, said.

With no major leads, officers were going door to door Wednesday evening, asking neighbors if they saw anything.

"That's when I remembered seeing a car turn into their driveway earlier in the day," Duane Hennen, who lives across the street from the couple, said.

Police still aren't sure if that vehicle Hennen saw belonged to the attackers, or to Meals On Wheels volunteers who deliver food to the couple everyday.

"It's really worrying for not only the people involved, but for the many, many elderly people that live up and down this street," Hennen said.

Nobody seems to have any idea why the couple was targeted.

"It may have just been random," Roberts said. "We don't have any reason to believe anyone had anything against them or anything like that, or that they had done anything that led to them being targeted."

"It's just really tragic to see this," Hennen said. "It's terrible how old they are that someone would go to such an extent. You could hold this poor man down with one finger you wouldn't have to beat him half to death to rob him."

Police want anyone with information to call this tip line number 918-798-8477.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #3 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

My dad sent me this info. He lives in Harrison Arkansas. Now why isn't this in the news??????

I would love to hear a response from Mamby pamby Gandy, Pocket, and Joe....

post #4 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Caption This

By ZACK STOYCOFF World Staff Writer
Published: 3/15/2012##10:33 AM
Last Modified: 3/15/2012##10:31 PM

An 85-year-old Tulsa woman who was beaten along with her husband during a home-invasion robbery died Thursday evening, police reported.

Nancy Strait died at a hospital about 7:30 p.m., Sgt. Dave Walker said.

On Thursday afternoon, police had gotten their first break in the investigation when the couple’s stolen car was found, and one suspect was arrested on a murder complaint that evening, Walker said.

That suspect, Tyrone Woodfork, was driving the car when it was stopped by police in the 5700 block of East Easton Street, Walker said.

The daughter of Nancy and Bob Strait, 90, had found the couple unresponsive on the floor of their house in the 3300 block of East Virgin Street about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday, police said.

The daughter had visited them at their home about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, and the robbery could have happened any time between those visits, police said.

Investigators believe that the couple were left for dead and might have been there for hours after at least one person kicked in their door, beat them and stole their car and several other possessions.

Bob Strait remained in serious condition Thursday at St. John Medical Center, and it was not clear whether he would survive, police said.

“Clearly the individuals that committed this crime are, in one word, evil,” Officer Jason Willingham said. “The type of beating that they inflected upon these people — it was severe.”

Investigators suspect that there were multiple robbers and do not think they knew the couple. Willingham said the extent of the couple’s injuries indicates that they might have been beaten with a weapon.

But police had little other information until the stolen car was found.

Investigators had limited success Thursday interviewing Bob Strait, who reportedly was in and out of consciousness at the hospital.

Police had pinned their hopes on finding the couple’s car, a rust-colored 2001 Dodge Neon, and had released its description through the media, Willingham said.

“You’re talking about a 90-year-old man who’s been severely beaten,” he said. “How much is he going to be able to recall? There are going to be clues in that vehicle.”

Walker said someone spotted the car in the 3500 block of East Fourth Street and called 911. Police then stopped the car on Easton.

The vehicle was occupied by Woodfork and a woman, Walker said. Woodfork went into a house, which was then surrounded by police officers, he said.

Police took Woodfork, who will turn 20 on Sunday, and three other people to the Detective Division for interviews. Detectives then served search warrants at several locations and recovered evidence, Walker said.

As a result of that evidence, police believe that Woodfork is “a principle suspect in this crime,” Walker said.

It was not clear late Thursday whether the other three who were questioned were released.

As police searched for the stolen car earlier Thursday, Willingham said that “it’s important for us to get these guys off the streets as quickly as possible.”

“Anybody that is capable of this type of crime is capable of anything, and that’s the way we’re approaching it.”

Neighbors described the Straits as sweet and reserved and said they had trouble hearing and seeing.

Karen Botz, who has lived next door to the couple for 25 years, said they kept to themselves but often talked with her and her husband over the fence.

“I’m infused with anger right now,” she said. “I could not even fathom a reason to do this. What’s a 90-year-old man going to do? Slap you?”

She said she had an alarm system installed Thursday and was planning to start a neighborhood watch program because “there’s too much of this stuff going on in Tulsa right now.”

“I can’t think that there would be anything worthy enough to take from an elderly couple here,” she said. “A rational person doesn’t do that.”

Thelma Lester, who lives down the street from the Straits, said she was shocked to hear of the home invasion because the area is normally quiet.

“When things like that happen so close, it makes you wonder, ‘When’s it going to happen next?’ ” she said. “All we can do is just hope it doesn’t happen to the rest of us.”

Read more from this Tulsa World article at 85-year-old woman beaten in robbery dies, arrest made | Tulsa World

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
post #5 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Here is the picture of the suspect. This is complete BS!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp BLACK THUG.bmp (209.1 KB, 71 views)
post #6 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Caption This

If you’re a 20-year-old black male, you can beat an 85-year-old white woman to death and pummel her 90-year-old white husband straight into ICU, and it won’t make the national news.

Yep. Tyrone Woodfork, a black male who -- much like Trayvon Martin -- looks like Obama’s son, allegedly killed Nancy Strait and broke her husband Bob’s jaw, several ribs and shot him in the face with a BB gun last month in Tulsa. 20-year-old Tyrone also raped the nearly blind 97-pound Mrs. Strait, a great-great-grandmother, before he murdered her.

Did the above monstrous crime make the national news? Are you kidding me? Why, hell no. Of course not, silly!

Why wasn’t it fit for primetime, you ask? Well, it starred the wrong races in the wrong roles, and it thus did not fit into the fairytale the Left’s trying to foist on us goobers of Obamaland.

For those of you who have not heard diddly squat about a black twentysomething’s senseless, atrocious burglary, rape, battery and murder of an elderly white couple, here are the details regarding the couple, the crime and the culprit(s):

-Bob and Nancy Strait, the victims, grew up in rural Oklahoma during the Great Depression.

-Bob and Nancy met on a blind date in 1946 and married a month later. They had 6 kids, 18 grandkids and about 50 great- and great-great grandchildren.

-The Straits just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary.

-Bob served in the 101st Airborne Division in WWII.

-Bob loved woodworking, and Nancy loved quilting.

-The couple used to sit on their porch and play the guitar and sing together during the warm summer evenings.

-On either Tuesday evening (3/13) or Wednesday morning (3/14) Tyrone invaded their home and stole $200 in cash as well as the Strait’s TV and Dodge Neon after raping Mrs. Strait and severely beating Mr. Strait.

- As noted, Nancy died from her injuries. Bob is in serious condition and is being treated at a nearby hospital.

-Mrs. Strait’s funeral was on Friday, March 23, 2012.

-The family has set up a fund—The Nancy Strait and Bob Strait Support Trust—to help pay for Nancy’s funeral service and Bob’s medical care.

-The Tulsa cops are looking for five more murderous morons suspected in this sick and twisted tale.

I wonder if President Obama is going to lecture the nation on this despicable act and tell us something similar to what he said regarding Trayvon’s shooting, namely:

“It is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together—federal, state and local—to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened. I think all of us have to do some soul searching to ask ourselves how does something like this happen? And that means that we examine the laws, the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.”

Will Spike Lee and the New Black Panther Party tweet Tyrone’s address and put out a bounty on the remaining pieces of crap who have yet to be arrested for killing Nancy and brutally beating Bob? Spike and his ilk are all about “justice,” correct? Or is it more about “just us”?

post #7 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I would love to hear a response from Mamby pamby Gandy, Pocket, and Joe....
My response is that you whine, cry, bitch, and moan about the most trivial things entirely too much. And I'm not saying the beating of an old couple is trivial. What is trivial is how you suddenly think that Obama needs to comment on it, and that the media needs to plaster this story everywhere.

Grow up dude.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 02:37 PM
PSN Veteran

The liberal media "picking" stories is no newer than them "picking" candidates.

Look at the early GOP Race polls this year... there were MANY that were reporting Romney the winner... when Ron Paul had higher poll numbers. Both Faux and CNN did it that I saw. I'm sure others did, as well.

~Tom~ 02 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW 7.3L, DIY-6637, PHP Phoenix-(STK-80dd-100P-120R-65T-40T) 4" TB-409SS MBRP, GS 3 in 1, EGT/Boost/Tranny, Fisher 8' MM2. Tymar HPX, NON-EBV Pedestal, Turbo Master, Wicked Wheel, Hutch/Harpoon, RR-Plenums/clamps, 203*TS and Billet Housing, ELC, Fumoto, CCV Dumped, Foil, AIH, and EBV, Pontoons All Missing...~AE w/Ford Pack~
post #9 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 02:38 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
My response is that you whine, cry, bitch, and moan about the most trivial things entirely too much. And I'm not saying the beating of an old couple is trivial. What is trivial is how you suddenly think that Obama needs to comment on it, and that the media needs to plaster this story everywhere.

Grow up dude.
So you think it was appropriate for him to comment on Treyvon's case?

Hypocrite.

~Tom~ 02 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW 7.3L, DIY-6637, PHP Phoenix-(STK-80dd-100P-120R-65T-40T) 4" TB-409SS MBRP, GS 3 in 1, EGT/Boost/Tranny, Fisher 8' MM2. Tymar HPX, NON-EBV Pedestal, Turbo Master, Wicked Wheel, Hutch/Harpoon, RR-Plenums/clamps, 203*TS and Billet Housing, ELC, Fumoto, CCV Dumped, Foil, AIH, and EBV, Pontoons All Missing...~AE w/Ford Pack~
post #10 of 262 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 11:12 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
The liberal media "picking" stories is no newer than them "picking" candidates.
So you think the right-wing media isn't just as bad, or even worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
Look at the early GOP Race polls this year... there were MANY that were reporting Romney the winner... when Ron Paul had higher poll numbers. Both Faux and CNN did it that I saw. I'm sure others did, as well.
I would actually love to see you back up this statement.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode