White liberal guilt? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

White liberal guilt?

Anyone as tired of it as I am?

Up here, in progressive looney-ville (not to mention the 2nd whitest state in the country) our biggest newspaper has had the Trevon Martin story front page for over a week now.

It trumped the story of a single mom who was abducted from her car with her infant son left inside and she was found murdered yesterday.

Sent emails to the news editors, but doubt anything will be done....other than probably being called racist. After all, Obama is coming to visit UVM Friday.

Pathetic.

Robert

2003 F350SD 7.3L CCSB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Re: White liberal guilt?

Your a racist! Nice thing about calling someone a racist is you don't need proof.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned

I am the man leading your choir on this! I have been saying this for a long time now. I hear you loud and proud, but as you have pointed out and suggested, that it will most likely fall on deaf ears. Many people don't spend enough time alone in a quiet place to even think long enough about these things or even understand the world around them. They let others influence them or decide for them what is best. The best thing I have going, is when I soil sample, it is peaceful, and thougts like these rush in and I can think of example after example. But I don't have a piece of paper to write them all down.

post #4 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 11:20 PM
PSN Local

I don't think being tired of hearing about something makes you racist. Wrong place, wrong time. Coulda been killed by a car just as easily.

2008 F350 CCSB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcountrywood View Post
Anyone as tired of it as I am?

Up here, in progressive looney-ville (not to mention the 2nd whitest state in the country) our biggest newspaper has had the Trevon Martin story front page for over a week now.

It trumped the story of a single mom who was abducted from her car with her infant son left inside and she was found murdered yesterday.

Sent emails to the news editors, but doubt anything will be done....other than probably being called racist. After all, Obama is coming to visit UVM Friday.

Pathetic.
I hear ya too. I'm currently in Rutland VT and have been following the teacher's murder case. Glad they got the couple responsible. It's been talked about quite a bit 'round here.

2000 F250 7.3 PSD ZF6 4x4.
post #6 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
They let others influence them or decide for them what is best.
Says the guy who worships Micahel Savage.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #7 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Says the guy who worships Micahel Savage.

You really need to grow up!

I could care less what you think. You couldn't hold an audience or even pay people to hear what you have to say.
post #8 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 12:09 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
You really need to grow up!

I could care less what you think. You couldn't hold an audience or even pay people to hear what you have to say.
And you think you do?

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #9 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
And you think you do?
Never said I could wise guy. Once again a man who loves to insert words into peoples mouths, and act out as though they said it themselves. Brilliant!
post #10 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Caption This

"Blacks are under attack," said the Rev. Jesse Jackson, irresponsibly turning the Florida shooting death of an unarmed black teenager, Trayvon Martin, at the hands of Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman into a barometer of black-white "race-relations."

President Barack Obama, three years past his inauguration as American's first black president, weighed in, too. As when he accused the Cambridge police of "acting stupidly," Obama injected race, but this time a little less directly: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

The implication, of course, is that race undoubtedly played a role in the death of Trayvon Martin. A special prosecutor as well as a Florida grand jury will examine the case, re-interview all the witnesses and go over all the evidence. Zimmerman may well be charged with murder, and a racially motivated one at that. Or the prosecutor may find the evidence insufficient to convince a jury that Zimmerman did not act in self-defense.

No matter whether Zimmerman is charged or convicted, a tragedy occurred. But is Jesse Jackson right, that the death of Trayvon Martin suggests "blacks are under attack," presumably by racist non-blacks?

True, black men, especially young ones, stand a much greater chance of being murdered than white males. But almost all murders involve a victim and a killer of the same race. Yes, instances of black-white murder -- as, for example, when James Byrd, a black man of Jasper, Texas, was dragged to his death by three white men -- do exist. But nationally, according to the Department of Justice, 53 percent of known homicide suspects in 2010 were identified as black -- although blacks comprise only 13 percent of the population. And in murders involving a single black victim and a single offender, 90 percent of the time it is a black perpetrator who murders the black victim. Similarly, 83 percent of whites are murdered by other whites.

What happened in Sanford, Fla. -- a white person killing a black person -- is extremely infrequent, occurring in 8 percent of black homicides. In saying "blacks are under attack," Jackson paints a picture of whites targeting and hunting down black males.

Look at the 2010 stats for New York City. While blacks comprise about 25 percent of the city's population, blacks accounted for two-thirds of murder victims. For black homicide suspects arrested, 85 percent of their victims were also black.

The leading causes of death for all young men ages 15 to 29, according to a 2006 Kaiser Family Foundation study, regardless of race or ethnicity, are unintentional injury (e.g., car accident, firearm or drowning), suicide and homicide. Not for young black men. The No. 1 cause of death in this demographic is murder. The homicide death rate for young (ages 15 to 24) African American men (85 per 100,000 persons) is three times the rate for young Hispanic men (30 per 100,000 population), the population group with the next highest homicide mortality rate. The rates for young Asian and young white males are 9.8 and 5 per 100,000, respectively.

In one recent Chicago weekend, 49 people were shot, 10 fatally, including a 6-year-old black girl. Did President Obama issue a statement? Black-on-black crime, like black-on-white crime, does not fit the liberal media's narrative of the continuing problem of white racism.

How selective is the outrage about interracial crime -- when the bad guy is black?

Ken Tillery, in 2002, walked down a Jasper, Texas, road. Three men offered him a ride. But the men kidnapped Tillery, driving him to a remote location. John Perazzo of FrontPageMagazine.com describes what happened: "When the terrified Tillery jumped out of the vehicle and tried to flee, the kidnappers caught up with him, beat him and finally ran over him -- dragging him to his death beneath their car's undercarriage."

Same town, a few years after the James Byrd murder, a black-white murder in the same fashion -- by dragging a man to his death -- but no story! Why? Well, Tillery was white, and the three suspects were all black. The irony alone would, one would think, guarantee lots of coverage. But how much coverage did the case get? An online search of 557 newspapers found that 22 covered the story.

In a scene from "Menace II Society," a movie about the struggles of inner-city black youth, a tough black high school teacher advises two black male students: "Being a black man in American isn't easy. The hunt is on -- and you're the prey." We hear a police siren in the background as the teacher gives his admonition -- just in case the identity of the hunter is unclear. But reality tells a very different story, one that even Jesse Jackson once acknowledged.

In 1994, in an unguarded moment while discussing urban crime, Jackson told an interviewer he's relieved when the footsteps on the street behind him belong to white -- rather than black -- feet.

---

Larry Elder is a best-selling author and radio talk-show host. To find out more about Larry Elder, or become an "Elderado," visit http://www.LarryElder.com.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode