Congressional Gridlock is really concerning... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

Congressional Gridlock is really concerning...

Several month ago I told a very true story of how business was really picking up here in 18 wheeler sales and then as the stalemate over increasing the Budget Deficit drew out several customers flat put their orders on hold w/ me stating that uncertainty and continuing fears the economic recovery might stall out were keeping them on the sidelines. I pretty accurately put my personal financial losses at about $15K for that debacle.

Fast forward. Business has been GREAT w/ a Capital 'G'. And not just for me. Every sales guy is thru the roof, every department is thru the roof, customers were practically begging to buy trucks for several months. The factories are so slammed, etc...

Well right now, it's gotten a bit slow again. I really do think that continuing uncertainty in Congress is having an effect on the national psyche.

Let me tell you what is worse than new policies/ regulations/ taxes, uncertainty about policies/ regulations/ taxes that you are unable to plan for in your business.

Something that is really intriguing to me is that everytime Republicans pass a tax break for the wealthy, they don't pay for it at all. They just use the tag line that it will create more jobs and therefore pay for itself. No where in either of the two large tax breaks in the last 11 years were any budget cuts made to offset these tax breaks.

Now Obama tries to continue the middle class tax break and Republicans scoff and instead of passing the tax break on it's own merits, they attempt to hold Amercan working families hostage by forcing other laws and provisions down w/ it (most of which I'm for but never-the-less they are a different topic on a different day seperate of the tax break issue).

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 06:27 AM
--------

Re: Congressional Gridlock is really concerning...

Neither party pays for a tax cut and both parties add crap to bills in order to get enough members to vote their way. Or have you forgotten about the healthcare bill already?

So, we have status quo, but somehow it's only bad this time? Hang up the tired and lame talking points and admit that both parties suck unless you're one of their high paying campaign contributors.

2004 F250 SC Shortbed 6.0 (03 Engine) Auto 4X2 Lariat, John Wood SCT, 4" Turbo back exhaust with cat, Boze Fatal Eight 20x10 Wheels, Toyo Proxes ST 305/50-20 Tires

Quote:
Spelling is a lossed art.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Always be sincere...even if you don't mean it.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Your blind haterid for one party and blind love for the other shows in all your posts. Personally I like the grid lock, it means that they aren't destroying the country currently.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
Neither party pays for a tax cut and both parties add crap to bills in order to get enough members to vote their way. Or have you forgotten about the healthcare bill already?

So, we have status quo, but somehow it's only bad this time? Hang up the tired and lame talking points and admit that both parties suck unless you're one of their high paying campaign contributors.
Right you are. Both are guilty.

Right now, Republicans are guilty of raising taxes on working people, slowing the economy, and bull#### partisan positions. I'm complaining about that fact right there as it is a pressing concern to everyone here. They are actually ####ing w/ my paychecks and the food that goes in my babies mouth. And they are doing it not to further America, but to further their reelection chances w/ the most out of touch far right constituency.

I tell you what, these Republicans are on the verge of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for the next presidential run. And Boehner is the absolute worst Speaker of the House in sometime. He is completely incapable of controlling a minority of his own party.

A compromise was reached in the Senate on extending the middle class tax cut and paying for it in the Senate. 89 Senators for, out of 100 total. 80% of Senate Republicans voted for it. And it can't get any traction in the House.

Compromise is the root of how politics work in a Representative Democracy. Don't think for one second that the Founding Fathers all wanted the Constitution like it is for example. None of them wanted that exact document. But they came together and compromised and it helped form the root of the greatest nation on this Earth. This is what is called "the big picture".

This pigheaded, childish, Republican notion that refusing to compromise and work deals w/ other representatives somehow shows strength and conviction, is just ludicrous. It takes a real man to negotiate and work the best deal that is possible for the overall American people. Not behaving like a selffish brat.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 06:18 PM
FNG

Raising taxes on working people LMAO its a tax cut that never ever shouldve been made in the first place. Cutting SS was stupid Its already facing massive shortfalls. This was a tax cut that literally no one will miss. Its nothing more than political brinksmanship on Obamas part Suns.

Besides a two month extenion is useless. Kinda like the Obama presidency

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Right you are. Both are guilty.

Right now, Republicans are guilty of raising taxes on working people, slowing the economy, and bull#### partisan positions. I'm complaining about that fact right there as it is a pressing concern to everyone here. They are actually ####ing w/ my paychecks and the food that goes in my babies mouth. And they are doing it not to further America, but to further their reelection chances w/ the most out of touch far right constituency.

I tell you what, these Republicans are on the verge of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for the next presidential run. And Boehner is the absolute worst Speaker of the House in sometime. He is completely incapable of controlling a minority of his own party.

A compromise was reached in the Senate on extending the middle class tax cut and paying for it in the Senate. 89 Senators for, out of 100 total. 80% of Senate Republicans voted for it. And it can't get any traction in the House.

Compromise is the root of how politics work in a Representative Democracy. Don't think for one second that the Founding Fathers all wanted the Constitution like it is for example. None of them wanted that exact document. But they came together and compromised and it helped form the root of the greatest nation on this Earth. This is what is called "the big picture".

This pigheaded, childish, Republican notion that refusing to compromise and work deals w/ other representatives somehow shows strength and conviction, is just ludicrous. It takes a real man to negotiate and work the best deal that is possible for the overall American people. Not behaving like a selffish brat.
Suns you are so out of touch with reality it hurts! 2 month extension? Seriously, you think what the Repubs are doing is childish? What about this childish proposal for 2 months? Get real. You truly are a dumbocrat suns and you can't deny it! A time when we need more to pay their fair share, you want to give them more breaks than they already have! You are clueless and seriously ill.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

And your a complete 'tard Binder.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
And your a complete 'tard Binder.
Ruffling your feathers? Stealing your thunder? C'mon suns it ain't all bad. But we need more taxpayers period! This BS about delaying the inevitable is horse chit! Wean the sheeple from momma's milk and get your hands dirty already. It is time to get serious and cut to the chase. I am sick and tired of this whiny BS.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 03:50 AM
Yeah, it's like that

I'm sure a lot of people will go out and make big purchases because the "tax holiday" has been extended for two months. Yep, I can afford that new $65k powerstroke because I will save $300 over the next 2 months. If you are only getting a wif of sarcasm in this post, you need to go see a doctor.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 03:03 PM
PSN Local

Vote all of em' out! This is complete bulls*it, but sadly, it's just business as usual in DC these days. Both parties seem controlled by their ideological extremes. I truly believe most americans are centrists-it's time to send these clowns a message that they better start tending to the business of the nation instead of grandstanding for elections. VOTE EM' ALL OUT!

2004 F350 CCLB 4x4 Dually - EGR Delete, Coolant Filter, 5" Exhaust, Evolution tuner/monitor, Leveling kit & 33's
1960 F250 4x4 - 400/C6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode