The Newt - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Banned

The Newt

Just a disclaimer, this is an email sent to me from my dad. He gets emails from Dudley Brown he said.
Just for the record, I despise Newt Gingrich, I am not for him at all. He is only saying what people want to hear. His actions speak differently.

In case you're considering backing "the Newt", you may want to reconsider. Or maybe not? Read below. Haven't verified it is fact, but can't say it isn't either.

I know I don’t have to tell you, but politicians often say one thing but do the complete opposite -- especially if they think no one is looking.

Newt Gingrich is the poster child for these sort of“flexible” principles.

I’ve been around the block a few times (I’m about to start my 20th year as a gun rights lobbyist) and dealt with literally thousands of candidates and politicians, but no Republican politician has managed to support and vote for anti-gun legislation and still proclaim that he is “pro-gun” more effectively than Newt Gingrich.

Don’t be fooled by his rise in the polls; Newt Gingrich has a long history of supporting gun control ...

... and he has blatantly refused to return his National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Survey.

With more than three decades as a public figure, Newt is the quintessential political chameleon, shifting his views to reflect whatever is popular with the Washington, D.C. chattering class.

Make no mistake, while Newt may talk a solid conservative game, his record is that of a typical Inside-the-Beltway politician who will cut ANY compromise or make ANY deal with anyone for his own political or personal gain.

While Newt used the institutional gun lobby as a mouth piece to convince millions of gun owners nationwide that “as long as he is Speaker, no gun-control legislation is going to move in committee or on the House floor,” he was working behind the scenes to pass gun control.

In 1996, Newt Gingrich turned his back on gun owners and voted for the anti-gun Brady Campaign’s Lautenberg Gun Ban, which strips the Second Amendment rights of citizens involved in misdemeanor domestic violence charges or temporary protection orders –- in some cases for actions as minor as spanking a child or grabbing a spouse’s wrist.(1)

Gingrich even called the anti-gun measure “reasonable,” and predicted that it would sail through his Republican-controlled House of Representatives with little trouble.(2)

The Lautenberg Gun Ban is one of the Congressional Republicans' worst betrayals of gun owners, and those complicit in its passage deserve nothing but contempt from gun owners. (and anyone who treasures our constitution and bill of rights)

This gun control measure ranks right up there with the Brady Registration Act as the most aggressive gun control in America, denying hundreds of thousands of would-be gun owners the right to self defense.

Gingrich also stood shoulder to shoulder with Nancy Pelosi to pass the “Criminal Safe zones Act” which prevents armed citizens from defending themselves in certain arbitrary locations. You and I both know that Criminal Safe zones don’t protect law-abiding citizens, but actually protect the criminals who ignore them.(3)

As you can see, Newt Gingrich is no friend of gun owners, or small government conservatives. He simply can’t be trusted, and his record reflects his contempt not only for the truth, but his own integrity and the integrity of the very people he’s asking to vote for him to be the most powerful man in the modern world.

This is the same man who railed against the Obama bailouts of Fannie and Freddie Mac while receiving more than $1.5 million from Fannie Mae as a “consultant”(4) while his firm also raised $37 million to pass healthcare insurance mandates.(5)

He’s also the same man who sat next to Nancy Pelosi and insisted global warming was a man-made problem in need of a government-mandated solution. Now that he’s running for the Republican nomination, he doesn’t believe in global warming and calls the TV ad he did with Pelosi “inexplicable.” Please click here to watch the video.(6)

I’m concerned,though, that Newt’s snake-oil act is catching on.

It’s time for gun owners and liberty-minded, small government activists to hold Newt’s feet to the fire.

That’s why I need you to call the Gingrich campaign headquarters right now at (678) 973-2306. Demand that Newt Gingrich apologize for his past support of gun control, and make a dramatic turn around statement of support to repeal the gun controls he’s supported.

Tell his campaign that you expect Newt to not only apologize for his past support of anti-gun measures but also to reveal where he stands on international gun grabs like the UN “Small Arms Treaty” and domestic anti-gun schemes like the banning of .50 caliber rifles.

Demand he quit stonewalling gun owners and return his National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Survey -- at once. You and I both know that election season, when they’re begging for the votes of gun owners, is one of the best times to lobby candidates and politicians.

With Republican presidential primaries in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina mere weeks away, it’s vital that gun owners know where the Republican candidates for President stand on important Second Amendment issues.

Newt’s record is as crooked as a dog’s hind leg. With a horrible voting record on Second Amendment issues, gun owners just don’t know which side Newt’s on.

Please call the Gingrich campaign headquarters right now at (678) 973-2306. Demand that Newt Gingrich apologize for his past support of gun control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Beef

Re: The Newt

w/o reading the post fully,

Newt is a douche.
is he the conservative obama? Worse maybe?
Wouldn't vote for either.

"New" 05 no payment, all original 305k and runs like a champ
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Caption This

GO NEWT !!

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
GO NEWT !!
Baa Humbug!
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM
<-- it's like that

So.... much.... misinformation.

Geez! People love to spread rumors and misinformation about ANYONE these days.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
Baa Humbug!
I wish you wouldn't have left yourself exposed like that. If I was an obnoxious SOB, oh wait, I would make some smart ass comment about dogs and sheep.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
So.... much.... misinformation.

Geez! People love to spread rumors and misinformation about ANYONE these days.
Pocket, I'd enjoy reading a correction if you have time to put one together.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 03:50 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Pocket, I'd enjoy reading a correction if you have time to put one together.
The whole thing tries to pain Newt as being anti-gun. All by throwing out petty reasons, wild accusation, and severely distorting the truth.

First, the National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Survey is retarded. It's nothing more than a far right-wing pro-gun and conspiracy blog site. Why on earth should Newt waste his time filling out their bogus survey and submitting it? Not only that, but what Binder copied and pasted to begin this thread, actual comes from THAT SITE! Here is the link to that very article:

The Inconvenient Truth About Newt | National Association for Gun Rights

Wow, so this site creates this article, then blasts Newt for not returning their own stupid survey.

Second, the article takes normal legislation and intentionally twists it around. The Lautenberg Gun Ban is legislation that prevents those who are CONVICTED of domestic violence, or who are CURRENTLY under restraining orders for abuse. The Lautenberg Gun Ban does NOT state at all under which methods of domestic violence are accepted, and which ones are not. Yet the article claims things such as "spanking a child" and "grabbing a spouse's wrist" are valid reasons under the act, and that somehow Newt supported this. No, Newt supported not allowing abusers and those convicted of domestic violence to own guns. Most people, even strict pro-gun activists, agree with this.

Furthermore, the article goes on with taking legislation and blowing it out of proportion. It makes up statements such as “Criminal Safe Zones Act” in order to exaggerate and blow things out of proportion. There is no such thing as the “Criminal Safe Zones Act”. What it's actually hinting toward in a round-a-bout way is the Gun-Free School Zones Act. This act prohibits firearms at schools. In no way does it "protect the criminals who ignore them".

Then it goes on to claim things like Newt said that global warming was man-made and that we need a government solution. Yes, he appeared on a TV commercial with Pelosi, but here is what was actually said:

Obviously that is a completely different message than the article claims. Not once does the commercial claim that global warming is man-made, and not once does it claim government mandates. Instead, it's simply advocating cleaner energy solutions. What's so wrong about that?

So yes, LOTS of misinformation. Plus there's the clear agenda of the web site attacking Newt simply because he didn't return their meaningless gun survey. Sorry, but the whole article, as well as the site, is bogus.

And this next part isn't directed to Suns..... See folks, I simply separate fact from fiction. I don't go around supporting only the left. Here is a blog clearly attacking someone on the right, and doing it with mis-information, bias, and intentional lies. And guess what, I went after the article and pointed out what is true, and what is fiction. But I'm sure there's a few folks who will quickly forget about this, or even ignore it.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
<----Nice headlights!!!

Im all for pos that hit women and kids not being able to own a gun!! If it werent for laws like this my wife would be dead. The night the police were called to her and her ex' house by the neighbors, the roided out ex was trying to lure her back into the house and when the police cuffed him and told him "You arent going back in the house, but to jail." He went even more ballistic...he went off so much he wound up fainting.

The police went in to clear the house and settle her back in and found a loaded .45 on the kitchen table. They said "Was that intended for you or us."

This rotten bastard was arrested two weeks ago for telling his new girlfriend that 'Ill slit your gddmaned throat' if she didnt get back home. Does somebody like that need a gun? Nope. Just a bullet in the back of their worthless, cancer laden head.

I absolutely hate men like that. They definitely have no business with legal provisions to obtain a firearm.

Im firmly dug-in on this one!

2000 F250 4x4 cc/sb. 6" w/37's and some other stuff.
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Im all for pos that hit women and kids not being able to own a gun!! If it werent for laws like this my wife would be dead. The night the police were called to her and her ex' house by the neighbors, the roided out ex was trying to lure her back into the house and when the police cuffed him and told him "You arent going back in the house, but to jail." He went even more ballistic...he went off so much he wound up fainting.

The police went in to clear the house and settle her back in and found a loaded .45 on the kitchen table. They said "Was that intended for you or us."

This rotten bastard was arrested two weeks ago for telling his new girlfriend that 'Ill slit your gddmaned throat' if she didnt get back home. Does somebody like that need a gun? Nope. Just a bullet in the back of their worthless, cancer laden head.

I absolutely hate men like that. They definitely have no business with legal provisions to obtain a firearm.

Im firmly dug-in on this one!
I have no idea what you said. I was too busy staring at your avatar.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode