I'm shocked - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Yeah, it's like that

I'm shocked

What? I was sure I would log on tonight and see a thread from one of the Obama pom-pom squad members about the BS 8.6% Unemployment rate that was released today. So can someone explain a logical non BS reason how the Unemployment rate drops when the first time Unemployment numbers went up from last month? The only thing I can think is peoples 99 weeks is running out so they aren't counted anymore.

Discuss

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...tml?tid=pm_pop

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Lovin Life...

Re: I'm shocked

All that change is really starting to kick in.

I'm so happy....

*crickets*

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Junior Mint

Too many factors. Holiday employees for one. A gain but not enough for two. Lastly, not many huge Obama supporters around here.

I for one don't see a problem w/ removing people from the unemployed statistics when 99 weeks runs out since clearly they are not interested in being employed if they can't find a job in 2 years.

The economic recession that began in 2007 has ended however and things are getting much better. Anyone that keeps their finger on the pulse of business can see that.

I have a customer that is a builder and he told me that the jobs that he has on the books scheduled for 2012 will make '12 his largest year ever. For example.

My personal paychecks (I'm in trucking) have increased about 300% so you are going to have a hard time telling me things are not getting better when they so clearly are.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Too many factors. Holiday employees for one. A gain but not enough for two. Lastly, not many huge Obama supporters around here.

I for one don't see a problem w/ removing people from the unemployed statistics when 99 weeks runs out since clearly they are not interested in being employed if they can't find a job in 2 years.

The economic recession that began in 2007 has ended however and things are getting much better. Anyone that keeps their finger on the pulse of business can see that.

I have a customer that is a builder and he told me that the jobs that he has on the books scheduled for 2012 will make '12 his largest year ever. For example.

My personal paychecks (I'm in trucking) have increased about 300% so you are going to have a hard time telling me things are not getting better when they so clearly are.
Suns your correct with the truck market. It is up and rates are up also. But on the flip flop, prices on all goods transported are all up which many consumers are not buying as much of. Housing market is still in the dumps here in WI (my close friend is a realtor), and building is really slow here in my state. Although, the agriculture sector is really strong, as well as trucking. We are increasing jobs here in WI, but not as fast a rate as many would like.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 02:06 PM
PSN Local

It's called Smoke & Mirrors

It's election time

2000 F-250 SCLB 7.3 auto 2wd PHP tunes, w-w, 4" exh tb, 3 guages, zoodad, NCH ccv mod, AIS
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post

Holiday temp staff is really a false means of rating unemployment.

I will say things are NOT getting better, at least in the midwest.
Midwest #'s for unemployment are high and holding, I encounter construction workers all the time and they mention that things are still really slow.
My bud works in IL and he has been on unemployment for almost a year now, and he is a driver as well for a construction company. He mentioned that by mid 2010 when he was laid off along w/ his wife, their company was cutting back extensively. They company is one of the largest in the chicago area but they aren't getting be big state contracts they used to.
His wife worked less than 4months last year driving her front end loader and this year she only got about 3 months in before being laid off again.

I'd say your 300% is not indicative of a vast improvement nationwide. It is promising that you have seen an increase.

"New" 05 no payment, all original 305k and runs like a champ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode