No HIV Allowed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

No HIV Allowed

Vitals - Bioethicist: Shame on school for rejecting boy with HIV

Quote:
Today is World AIDS day – and there’s a lot of rhetoric flying around about progress in the fight against HIV and AIDS, especially in overcoming fear and bigotry.

Except for at one school in Pennsylvania.

The administrators at the Milton Hershey School have single-handedly set back years of hard work tamping down the fear of those with HIV by denying admission to a boy who is HIV-positive, based on what can only be explained as fear, ignorance and bigotry.
What say you?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Metal - It kicks your ass

Re: No HIV Allowed

Aids has a designated day?

All I can think of is...

Modded L99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Retarded...........

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Junior Mint

That's a shame.

I know a girl that is just a normal professional girl and when she went to a Doctor to check on her recent pregnancy she found out her long term bf gave her HIV after cheating. Really beautiful girl btw. It's a stigma for certain.

I also have a good trucking customer that has HIV. He told me that he was partying and slept w/ 2-3 girls at this party one weekend back in the 1980s and has had it ever since.

You really have to have laws against discrimination or it will continue happening.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
That's a shame.

I know a girl that is just a normal professional girl and when she went to a Doctor to check on her recent pregnancy she found out her long term bf gave her HIV after cheating. Really beautiful girl btw. It's a stigma for certain.

I also have a good trucking customer that has HIV. He told me that he was partying and slept w/ 2-3 girls at this party one weekend back in the 1980s and has had it ever since.

You really have to have laws against discrimination or it will continue happening.
Do you really think any law will stop discrimination? Give me a break, no law will stop retards from acting like retards. (I don't mean retards as in mentally handicapped, I mean retards that are that are capable of not being dumb and bigoted but choose to with their own free will) This is the same with pretty much all the gun control laws. All these laws do is violate law abiding citizens. Criminals don't give two craps what the law says, well because they are criminals and don't care.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

So should a private school be forced to enroll the child?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
So should a private school be forced to enroll the child?
I don't know, what do you think? Would the school be forced to enroll a child that is Black, Hispanic, Asian, or how about if the child had Cancer, Leukemia, or what if the child was missing a limb like had it's leg cut off from a combine? Think about it. My first reply fits best IMO

Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Do you really think any law will stop discrimination? Give me a break, no law will stop retards from acting like retards. (I don't mean retards as in mentally handicapped, I mean retards that are that are capable of not being dumb and bigoted but choose to with their own free will) This is the same with pretty much all the gun control laws. All these laws do is violate law abiding citizens. Criminals don't give two craps what the law says, well because they are criminals and don't care.
Yes I believe a law that states that a public school can not prevent a student from attending based on medical illness would in fact prevent schools from discriminating (in terms of attendance). I think that is common sense.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Caption This

I think a private school has the right to reject a student because his momma is ugly.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 02:04 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Yes I believe a law that states that a public school can not prevent a student from attending based on medical illness would in fact prevent schools from discriminating (in terms of attendance). I think that is common sense.
But if it's a private school not getting gov assistance ?

I really don't know how I feel about this one, part of me thinks that a private school should be able to choose who attends but on the other hand IDK

2000 F-250 SCLB 7.3 auto 2wd PHP tunes, w-w, 4" exh tb, 3 guages, zoodad, NCH ccv mod, AIS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode