Buffalo Wild Wings No Longer Allowing CCW - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Buffalo Wild Wings No Longer Allowing CCW

Heard on Missouri Gun Owners - Index of an email going around about Buffalo Wild Wings no longer allowing its patrons to conceal carry in their establishment. I wanted to find out for myself so I wrote them yesterday and got my reply today. I then replied again. My initial email is at the bottom.

Thank you for your automated reply but I have also elected to exercise my rights of not eating in your establishment and have also elected to exercise my 1st Amendment right of Freedom of Speech and will be spreading the word of your decision to not allow patrons who are "Legally" carrying their concealed weapon to do so in your establishment. I just hope those individuals who carry "Illegally" will also abide by your decision, doubt it, but you never know.

Sincerely,

Donnie Howard

----- Original message -----
To: [email protected]
Subject: Buffalo Wild Wings Guest Comment Response
Date: Nov 16, 2011 5:54 PM

Hello

Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relations

Buffalo Wild Wings

5500 Wayzata Blvd.

Suite 1600

Minneapolis, MN 55416

800-499-9586

<b>Guest Comment:</b>
I was told of an email going around that was apparently from Buffalo Wild Wings about your Concealed Carry policy being restricted. I respectfully ask you to reconsider that stance. I am legally allowed to conceal carry and have been through training as well as 22 yrs in the US Air Force. Even by Buffalo Wild Wings exercising your right to restrict weapons in your establishments, do you really think those individuals that are illegally carrying to begin with are going abide by your rights to restrict weapons? It's not those that are legal to carry that you have to be worried about. <br><br>I, as well others that I know, will not frequent establishments that do not allow me to conceal and carry within said establishment. So I guess the question now is, are you as a company ready to lose the revenue from hundreds of thousands of American Citizens that are legally Carrying everyday or do you wnat your company to go down hill due to the loss of those funds?

2007 F-250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab Longbed. Only mods so far is Banks High Ram Air System, Rhino Lined Bed, Draw Tite 30k Gooseneck Hitch, Edge Insight.

Recent Mods: SCT Tuner, EGR Delete, Oil Cooler Replacement, 6.4 Banjo Bolts, Blue Spring Mod, Sinister Coolant Filter and 08 20" wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 10:51 PM

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings No Longer Allowing CCW

Been that way for a while in GA. Our family of 6 use to go often as did me and several co-workers and customers. I sent them $2k worth of receipts and said no more.

They couldn't have cared less.

Glad to see others standing up for their rights!

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 11:53 PM
utah get me two

if it;s concealed,how would they know you have it on you ???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah, it's like that

They won't

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamis_dave View Post
if it;s concealed,how would they know you have it on you ???
#### happens, shirts ride up, clothes pull tight and in some states a simple print after ignoring a sign can land one in jail

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 11:56 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Glad to see others standing up for their rights!
It's also a private company's rights to deny service or to establish rules for their business as they deem appropriate.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
It's also a private company's rights to deny service or to establish rules for their business as they deem appropriate.
Actually that is not 100% correct, i am sure you have heard of protected class. Companiesy give up some rights when opening their door to the general public. If they dont accept me and my gun i wont spend my money with them. Its that simple.

Glad to see others standing up for their rights.

post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 12:10 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Actually that is not 100% correct, i am sure you have heard of protected class. Companiesy give up some rights when opening their door to the general public. If they dont accept me and my gun i wont spend my money with them. Its that simple.

Yes we know that companies can't break the law. However, companies can establish rules and regulations for conducting business, including requiring certain rules of their patrons.

This CCW issue is one example of the rights of a company. Your response is your right as well. However, it's not your right to force the company to change their stance, just like it's not the company's right to force you to eat their food.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
PSN Local

Thanks for posting this. I will pass the word.

2007 F-250 6 point oh
138,000 miles
2.5 inch BDS leveling kit
35" Toyo Open Country A/T
5" Custom side pipe
SCT X3 w/ Innovative Tunes
ARP headstuds
Bilstein 5100s
Banjo Bolts
NCHornet's CCV Mod
Dieselsite Boots
Dfuser Coolant Filter Kit
EGR Delete
S&B Intake

2003 F-250 7.3
SOLD
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 12:42 PM
FNG

Quote:

most states CCW laws allow for business or public buildings to ban CCW on their property. As long as its clearly posted on the door.

Honestly I dont have a problem with it being banned in a bar environment. Drunks and guns along with bar fights tend to not mix all that well.

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode