Fvck California - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
OJAI, CA.

Fvck California

Gov. Jerry Brown passes a bill for illegals to get free tuition for college. Hahaha without them having to pay the money back. Are you kidding? I'm already paying for their parents and them on medical having anchor babies. Also their wel-fair.
Californians say "well without the illegals who would do the manual labor like picking the veggies." My thoughts deport the illegal, and all the CA citizens on unemployment get their asses out ther to pick that chit, or cut of their umemployment checks every two weeks!

RIP Zack Freeman & Dustin Malson 8-14-10 California 200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 05:46 AM
<-- it's like that

Re: Fvck California

FALSE!

The bill AB130, known as the California Dream Act, does NOT give illegals "free tuition for college", and it does NOT grant them the privilege of not "having to pay the money back".

AB130 specifically allows illegal immigrant students, who have attended school in California for 3 or more years, to qualify for in-state tuition. In other words, they still have to pay tuition, but they can qualify for in-state rather than out-of-state tuition prices. Previous legislation in California already allowed this, although it never cited immigration status. This bill specifically does.

In addition, when a student applies for college under this legislation, they must sign an affidavit that they are currently seeking legal immigration, or will apply soon.

Furthermore, this bill allows them to apply for private financial aid (student financial aid available from private institutions, not through the state or federal government). These students still must abide by the same rules and conditions of the financial aid like any other student, including repayment of any loans.

AB131 is the second part of the California Dream Act. This bill is still in the senate. AB131 would allow illegal immigrants, under the conditions of AB130, to apply for state-level student aid.

Now the merits of this legislation can be argued, no doubt. Get the facts straight, and discuss the actual legislation.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
OJAI, CA.

Man you should move to California. We could use some one like you! Hey atleast I posted in the right section. Whatever the legislation is it's still bs. If they have been attended school for 3 years or not they shouldn't get any special privileges.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
OJAI, CA.

Someone*

post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Sponsor

sorry just had to post it!!

Javi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

661-368-5284

post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
PSN Veteran

They will soon apply, now that's funny! Why allow them in state tuition when they aren't supposed to be in state? Why would anyone need a bill to be able to seek private assistance to go to college? So if AB131 passes not only are they here illegaly but in some cases we are paying them to do it (welfare). Then we cut the cost of tuition and possibly give them state aid in hopes they will repay.

So the OP wasn't that far off with his post. I'm sure all of these illegals attending school have every intention of paying back their possible state financed tuition. Yeah right! If they were fine upstanding citizens they'd already obtained citizenship.

Pat

2003 2500hd ccsb, intake 5" straight pipe, ad2 165, Bosch remans, ride right bags, tinted windows, ppe boost valve, on the way leveling kit 285's, efi live, built trans and batmo wheel
1996 E350 4x4 sled puller Draggin Wagon

Carpenter's local 2214 St. Louis, MO
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverf250 View Post
They will soon apply, now that's funny! Why allow them in state tuition when they aren't supposed to be in state? Why would anyone need a bill to be able to seek private assistance to go to college? So if AB131 passes not only are they here illegaly but in some cases we are paying them to do it (welfare). Then we cut the cost of tuition and possibly give them state aid in hopes they will repay.

So the OP wasn't that far off with his post. I'm sure all of these illegals attending school have every intention of paying back their possible state financed tuition. Yeah right! If they were fine upstanding citizens they'd already obtained citizenship.
Let's see, this legislation is addressed towards high school students planning to go to college. So the question that begs to be answered at this point is: How can you obtain citizenship if you're a minor?

Oh, that's right, you can't.

Great job on criminalizing kids for something they didn't do, and have zero legal avenues or options while they are under the age of 18.

At least this legislation puts in the condition that when you start college (which is usually around the age of 18 years old, so now they are finally no longer a minor) that you have to apply for legal immigrant status.

Now I'm not arguing the merits of the legislation itself, because there's plenty of negatives. However, what I am arguing now is your assumption that these kids are automatically criminals, as if they had options as minors.... which they didn't. Don't criminalize a child for something they had no control over, and no options in the legal world. If there are any positives with this legislation, it's that it's promoting the idea of an illegal immigrant kid, when they turn 18 and graduate high school, to get legal on their own accord and to get an education.

Negatives? Yeah, there's plenty. Take your pick. But again, people need to stop making stuff up and making random assumptions. Try arguing the facts and the merits of the legislation itself. It makes no sense to criminalize kids for actions beyond their control.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
PSN Veteran

I guess it doesn't take into consideration they could also be college students that fit the 3 year requirement. From what you posted it says nothing about being solely for high school students.

Seems like you're assuming also.

Pat

2003 2500hd ccsb, intake 5" straight pipe, ad2 165, Bosch remans, ride right bags, tinted windows, ppe boost valve, on the way leveling kit 285's, efi live, built trans and batmo wheel

post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 04:01 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverf250 View Post
I guess it doesn't take into consideration they could also be college students that fit the 3 year requirement. From what you posted it says nothing about being solely for high school students.

Seems like you're assuming also.
No, it's not solely for high school students. I agree. But common sense would dictate that since it applies to illegal immigrant students who have had 3+ years of consecutive school in California, that it's pretty much going to mostly apply to high school students.

Sure, there's probably that 50 year old illegal immigrant who attended high school 30+ years ago, managed to avoid deportation, and has been itching to go to college. Yeah, it's possible.

But let's get real, it's mostly geared towards those graduating high school and getting ready to move on to college. Come on dude, your argument is getting ridiculous. I'm calling out folks for not actually giving factual information of the legislation, or automatically criminalizing kids for actions they haven't even taken yet, and you're nitpicking me because I didn't ramble on and include every possible scenario of who could possibly take advantage of this legislation.

I could write a damn thesis on it to include all positives, negatives, and every possible scenario.... then I'd have people complaining that my posts are too long.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Not nitpicking at all. This can apply to any number of combinations of years in school. Not all or any has to be high school I'm quite sure college would be considered school. There's a large number of college students who begin after the age of 20.

Pat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode