Harvard attacking 4th of July Parades? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Harvard attacking 4th of July Parades?

Hey all, did you all hear about Harvard and their new study? Ya, if you attend 4th of July parades you are considered to be more republican and if you are a democrat, you should avoid them or not attend them. How does this make them sound? This is just incredible.

I used a source that is not fox related for those who thinK I am such a right zinger!
July 4th patriotic celebrations create more Republicans, Harvard study warns - latimes.com

So the left wants to shut down any motivational tool that is not in their favor is what this boils down too!! Try and prove me wrong on this you fair weather bandwagon so called conservatives...

This is disgusting. Even those who disagree with me most of the time have got to admit that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 05:45 PM
"mad cow" member

Re: Harvard attacking 4th of July Parades?

As usual, another post fail.
This is another blatant example of how easily the sensationalist media grabs the attention of the clueless and ignorant.

The "left" didn't write the paper, Harvard isn't attacking, 2 assistant professors wrote a paper with graphs and charts, one from Harvard one from Italy.
How on earth anyone can interpret what 2 assistant professors researched and wrote about into asinine statements like "the left wants to shut down any motivational tool that is not in their favor" is beyond me.

The "left" doesn't want to shut down 4th of July celebrations. In reality those dastardly lefty Liberals enjoy hot dogs apple pie fireworks the American flag and celebrating independence day just as much as anyone else.
If you took the time to even skim the 19 page "report" you'd probably come to the same conclusion I did.
Some people have way too much free time on their hands and the media is 99.5% FOS as usual.
To me it would take a huge stretch of the imagination to get any meaning out of it other than, in summary, ( "If you're into the national holiday by age 18 you are 2% more likely to identify as a Republican, 4% more likely to vote that way and 3% more likely to make political donations").
Wow, earth shattering news.
Heavy sarcasm ---> obvious left plot to end national holidays.

Yo, chicken little, the sky is not falling.

What is disgusting is the amount of truly ignorant people that take the hype media uses as bait hook line and sinker, then perpetuate the misinformation and BS.

Happy independence day,,, numbnutz

01 F-250 CC 4R esof PMT AIS, pine tree air freshener,
some other stuff not worth mentioning .
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 06:02 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

... Thank you for doing that so I didnt have to...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Caption This

If the left didn't previously want to stop patriotic celebrations, they will now after that report. Some of you guys are just too naive or too dumb to understand the concept of incrementalism. Or perhaps you do understand it and are a lefty yourself or just don't care. I wish there were a lot more young people like Binderpower.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 05:32 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
This is another blatant example of how easily the sensationalist media grabs the attention of the clueless and ignorant.
That says it all right there.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
If the left didn't previously want to stop patriotic celebrations, they will now after that report. Some of you guys are just too naive or too dumb to understand the concept of incrementalism. Or perhaps you do understand it and are a lefty yourself or just don't care. I wish there were a lot more young people like Binderpower.
Thank You!

finally someone who gets it!!! (Incrementalism = Right on the money)!!!

You guys keep your heads in the sand. The Tsunami warning is going off, but you will disregard it as a malfunction.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:40 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Incrementalism is a planning methodology normally found where a large strategic plan is either unnecessary or has failed to develop and for that reason it is often just called "muddling through". Incrementalism is the antithesis of intrusive central planning, which can create rigid work systems unable to deal with the actual problems faced at the grassroots level. However without a central planning framework incremental working is difficult to support within structured systems and therefore requires a degree of self reliance, skills and experience of those dealing with the problems such as is found in autonomous work groups.

So a "study" by two wacko professors is now a government plan to get rid of the republicans?

FML...

My head is very much above the sand... Yours however is stuck in a metal box because you think its the only way to protect yourself from the bits and pieces of the falling sky.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Incrementalism is a planning methodology normally found where a large strategic plan is either unnecessary or has failed to develop and for that reason it is often just called "muddling through". Incrementalism is the antithesis of intrusive central planning, which can create rigid work systems unable to deal with the actual problems faced at the grassroots level. However without a central planning framework incremental working is difficult to support within structured systems and therefore requires a degree of self reliance, skills and experience of those dealing with the problems such as is found in autonomous work groups.

So a "study" by two wacko professors is now a government plan to get rid of the republicans?

FML...

My head is very much above the sand... Yours however is stuck in a metal box because you think its the only way to protect yourself from the bits and pieces of the falling sky.
What happens when you take down a few side boards of a shed or a buidling, nothing, what happens when you taked down the all the side boards and supporting members, get a little breeze, and the whole think tumbles down...

You see, Obama is yet only one man, yet he setting the precedent of disaster!! But you are Okie dokie with that! You can't conceptualize beyond the story itself. You think those two professors only think this way? It is profound that something like this was even written in the first place! Wake up mangina!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

The prior post is just too dumb to respond to... Thank you.....

Joe
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
The prior post is just too dumb to respond to... Thank you.....
It just because you too damn dumb to even understand or comprehend structure!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode