Wasteful spending by our Gooberment - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Wasteful spending by our Gooberment

Dirty Spending Secrets

This is the most outrageous one, anyone else agree?

How much money did Washington recently spend to train Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job?

Answer: Incredibly, Washington is spending $2.6 million training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job. This is the kind of wasteful spending that President Obama and Congress have stubbornly refused to cut. Instead, they planned to raise taxes on families and entrepreneurs by trillions of dollars! Only action by citizens like you will break the Washington liberals of this kind of frivolous splurging.

But I am sure pocketpuss will approve of this type of spending, cause he reaps the benefits from this type of action. Ahh, I need more legroom... and furthermore, pocket prolly had a say in the chinese prostitution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 04:45 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: Wasteful spending by our Gooberment

So right off the bat you post this and then bash me and call me names. Wow.

Not only that, but where is that info coming from? Show me the government program.

Anyone can create a website and make any claim they want. If it's going to be legit, they need to back it up with some facts to support it.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 05:23 PM
PSN Local

Curtis always seemed to be pretty level-headed that never stoops to name calling to try to make his point. I have heard of this wonderful government spending program. Perhaps they have a real problem in china. The prostitutes have to drink their customers pretty. Probably comes in handy especially if they are dealing with a U.S. politician.

02 F-250 4X4 CCLB, E99 F350 9' utility bed, 08 F450 11' utility bed.

post #4 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 08:05 PM
<-- it's like that

I've never heard of it before today.

However, I did decide to research it myself. What I found is the story originated from CNS, a right-wing "news" outlet, in May 2009. In the original article, they actually stated the grant was issued November 5, 2008.... which is during President George W. Bush's term, not Obama's.

Right after the CNS article was posted, the site Newsbusters changed the story and falsely blamed Obama for approving the grant by omitting the date the grant was issued (during Bush's term), and claimed that Obama himself approved the funding. From there, it spread to other right-wing blog sites, and eventually made it's way to Fox News and was reported by Bret Baier and Glenn Beck, both of who never mentioned the grant was issued during Bush's term in November 2008.

Lastly, I found out the actual grant information directly from Wayne State University, where the grant was given. It is actually for an alcohol and HIV intervention center established in south China, with the purpose of studying the link between alcohol and HIV among prostitutes in China: Prognosis E-News

Now the merits of this funding and the project can always be questioned. No doubt. The issue here is the lack of information that was originally presented by Binder, as well as how the story has been twisted around a bit. It's been twisted to the point that Binder in his very first post even blamed Obama and stated that it's the type of spending he has "refused to cut".

So now that we have more of the facts and the actual story, feel free to discuss. Here, I'll start: yes, I do think it's wasteful spending. I don't see a valid link between Chinese prostitutes and U.S. interests that warrant a $2.6 million grant. Short, simple, and to the point.

That being said, we do already spend millions of dollars a year all over the world, using taxpayer money, to fight against HIV and AIDS. So in reality, this isn't much different. Mainly it's a difference in application rather than principle.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
However, I did decide to research it myself. What I found is the story originated from CNS, a right-wing "news" outlet, in May 2009. In the original article, they actually stated the grant was issued November 5, 2008.... which is during President George W. Bush's term, not Obama's.
And Binder leads with this chin again.

Gosh, sometimes I almost feel like I should pay for watching his comedy act.

I've said it before Binder, you really need to ignore those secret, right-wing nutcase e-mails you subscribe to....... until you check them out yourself.

They just makes you look more ignorant than usual.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #6 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 03:02 AM
PSN Local

Think it might actually be that the money is being spent on something entirely different. Something that the U.S. Government has decided is very important, but that the U.S. public cannot know about. Every government since man has started living in a village has had secrets from it's citizens. Think this might be one of them?
post #7 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
And Binder leads with this chin again.

Gosh, sometimes I almost feel like I should pay for watching his comedy act.

I've said it before Binder, you really need to ignore those secret, right-wing nutcase e-mails you subscribe to....... until you check them out yourself.

They just makes you look more ignorant than usual.

Hey gandyman, Did I claim this to be Obummer's spending? No, absolutely not. That is not the point. It is our lovely gov't out of control. So thank you for being an ignorant Azz... We need real leadership.
post #8 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 04:38 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Hey gandyman, Did I claim this to be Obummer's spending? No, absolutely not. That is not the point. It is our lovely gov't out of control. So thank you for being an ignorant Azz... We need real leadership.
You sure about that????

Quote:
This is the kind of wasteful spending that President Obama and Congress have stubbornly refused to cut.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #9 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
You sure about that????

Damn you Curtis, you beat me to it.

You get all the fun.

Not that he won't present more opportunities to be made to look foolish........because I'm sure he will.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #10 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
You sure about that????

That is not my typing. It is merely a copy and paste, so go ahead and read it. I had to post that one cause it was the most outrageous one I heard yet in my lifetime. It is copied word for word. Are we eliminating this crap or are we going down the road of more ridiculous spending? Who was in control of the house and senate? Where does spending originate?

It is the blind leading the blind. Kinda like the HC bill? We gotta pass it to find out what's in it...

I am sure Elliot Spitzer had a say in that bill. He prolly had a complaint and wanted it resolved.

Good try though...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode