The Truth About the Economy in 2.5 mins - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

The Truth About the Economy in 2.5 mins

good to watch clears up most for us simple minded

http://youtu.be/JTzMqm2TwgE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 07:26 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: The Truth About the Economy in 2.5 mins

Very oversimplified, but there is an important point made in that video.

Kinda ironic though, not too long ago people on this forum were blasting the idea of tax increases for the rich. I figured by now some of those guys would have come in this thread and called that video "liberal dribble".

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Running at last...

I have know this for years!!! Just not all the detials.. The rich get richer and the poor get even poorer..

I will say this the union is not the trouble.. It what the goverment lets the union get away with is what the trouble is..

We work with the union every week on jobs. they get the job done and in good time. But when a plumber gets paid 30 to 40 dollars on hour. the same for electical workers.. Something is not right..

Infact out here the union is loseing work because they cant compet agenst the non union labor.. the union on averagr out here or 20% TO 30% higher for there bids!!! and some times more!!!

Federal and goverment jobs are a joke!! yea the commen worker get paid more. But it is still a joke..

I will add this to. Now the union thinks they are not getting paid good enough.. So they want a pay raise!!

97 CCLB 4x4 ZF6 [email protected]

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:28 PM
I Just Break Stuff

Hmmmm...... something not right with that video. Wages are flat huh?????Thats funny right there. I agree, the rich get richer. Nothing new there. Union and non union have had huge wage increases down here. I will probably never be able to buy all the spin from just one video.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:41 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontx25 View Post
Hmmmm...... something not right with that video. Wages are flat huh?????Thats funny right there.
You missed something important......... adjustment for inflation.

When you account for inflation, wages have held flat. In other words, we aren't really earning more than we did a few decades ago.

Now, what gets interesting is that when adjusted for inflation, personal wealth has INCREASED. Not only that, but individual purchasing power has also increased. There's a very simple explanation as to why.

Of course that's not discussed in the video. It was massively over-simplified. The only real points that were made clear is the tax rate that the super rich pay on average (far less of a percentage of income than what I pay and probably most folks here), the tax revenue as a percentage of GDP, and wages when adjusted for inflation. Sure those are some fairly key points, but there's more to it.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 03:50 AM
Banned

Oh so we are all to hate on the rich and those who have had the initiative to succeed in life. So we will penalize the hell out of them for doing so. So you say the rich lets say who makes $2,000,0000, @ the 15% he/she will pay $300,000 in taxes if you use his 15% level. So lets say you or I make $100,000. We will maybe pay $30,000 tops. That rich person has paid 10 times more than you and I. I am just using this as an example. Who pays your paycheck? Well for the most part, those who have wealth and for the most part have earned it. My boss is wealthy (we have $45-50 million dollar in sales annually). Look at all the taxes he pays and contributes to the economy. You remove his business, you take 35 full time employees out of the neighborhood, and look at all the tax revenue that will be lost.

The government needs to get out of the union business period. The union= government. Does anyone know Dumka Trumpka? That mofo is in Obama's left pocket.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 02:02 PM
FNG

Video is way to oversimplified. Misses all kinds of important factors

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 03:07 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
Oh so we are all to hate on the rich and those who have had the initiative to succeed in life. So we will penalize the hell out of them for doing so. So you say the rich lets say who makes $2,000,0000, @ the 15% he/she will pay $300,000 in taxes if you use his 15% level. So lets say you or I make $100,000. We will maybe pay $30,000 tops. That rich person has paid 10 times more than you and I. I am just using this as an example. Who pays your paycheck? Well for the most part, those who have wealth and for the most part have earned it. My boss is wealthy (we have $45-50 million dollar in sales annually). Look at all the taxes he pays and contributes to the economy. You remove his business, you take 35 full time employees out of the neighborhood, and look at all the tax revenue that will be lost.

The government needs to get out of the union business period. The union= government. Does anyone know Dumka Trumpka? That mofo is in Obama's left pocket.
Aaaaaaaand there it is.....

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 03:27 PM

The government loves big business and the poor. Their policies #### the middle class.

The government would love to institute policies to #### the rich but the rich can and do fend off such polices.

Until the middle class decides to defend itself we will continue to get ####ed.

Just because the middle class gets ####ed does not mean I am for allowing the government to #### the rich or in reality continue to #### the poor.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Aaaaaaaand there it is.....
Pocket, I am looking out for ya!!! I always have one finger in the pudding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode