Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
FNG
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trempealeau WI
Posts: 6,018
Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

Washington, DC --A weak U.S. dollar due to the Federal Reserve's unprecedented pumping of dollars into the American economy is adding 56 and a half cents* to the price of every gallon of gasoline, according to a new study by the Joint Economic Committee Republican staff.

Titled The Price of Oil and the Value of the Dollar, the study notes the value of the U.S. dollar has declined 14 percent since the Federal Reserve began its program of quantitative easing in November of 2008. With oil an international commodity that trades in U.S. dollars, the declining value of the dollar has added $17.04* per barrel to the price of Brent Crude oil. Crude oil is the primary input in the process of making gasoline.

Oil Prices and dollar decline graph

Press Releases - Joint Economic Committee Republicans

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
Dave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Gandy Dancer
 
AK Gandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In The Villages
Posts: 5,972
Re: Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

Bullchit.

The dollar has fluctuated for quite some time, but to lay it solely on Obama.......... is just more desparate lying.

It's been going down since 1986.

Click Here




I also thought you would remember, when I showed you where a weak dollar can be beneficial.

CLICK HERE


.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
AK Gandy is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Sponge
 
sling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 219
Re: Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

Really?

I swear some of these stories are too complicated to be meaningful and are designed only to scare you enough to make you stay tuned through the commercials. They must come from a "porn star name generator" style mad-libs form. Let's see, the ingredients would be:

1) Some cutesy made up word with Obama spliced into it, Obamacare/Obamanomics/etc..

2) Something folks are sensitive about, gas prices, health care, security, taxes...

And conclude that...

3) Something dire is happening to your money/rights/children's education/ etc.. Never mind that these things are effected by dozens of other factors. Many of which have been policies or costs that have been in place since the Hoover administration.

And the cause is...

4) Some esoteric economic standard like currency convertibility. The news loves to say we're printing money that's not worth anything. Economists and world banks don't know anything!

or

Tax code that is aimed squarely at draining poor people of money they don't have.

or

Your government as an evil empire bent on growth at any cost. They might be onto something there, but it can't be the cause of everything!


.

1996 F350 CC, converted to 4wd, 5sp, Tymar, otherwise stock as the day it was built.
sling is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
FNG
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trempealeau WI
Posts: 6,018
Re: Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Bullchit.

The dollar has fluctuated for quite some time, but to lay it solely on Obama.......... is just more desparate lying.

It's been going down since 1986.

Click Here




I also thought you would remember, when I showed you where a weak dollar can be beneficial.

CLICK HERE


.
Bullchit nothing Rick. You know what QE does to the value of the dollar right?

That 56c slide was since QE began

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
Dave is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
<-- it's like that
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 6,567
Re: Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sling View Post
Really?

I swear some of these stories are too complicated to be meaningful and are designed only to scare you enough to make you stay tuned through the commercials. They must come from a "porn star name generator" style mad-libs form. Let's see, the ingredients would be:

1) Some cutesy made up word with Obama spliced into it, Obamacare/Obamanomics/etc..

2) Something folks are sensitive about, gas prices, health care, security, taxes...

And conclude that...

3) Something dire is happening to your money/rights/children's education/ etc.. Never mind that these things are effected by dozens of other factors. Many of which have been policies or costs that have been in place since the Hoover administration.

And the cause is...

4) Some esoteric economic standard like currency convertibility. The news loves to say we're printing money that's not worth anything. Economists and world banks don't know anything!

or

Tax code that is aimed squarely at draining poor people of money they don't have.

or

Your government as an evil empire bent on growth at any cost. They might be onto something there, but it can't be the cause of everything!


.
I'm glad that common sense still exists. Thank you.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
Pocket is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Gandy Dancer
 
AK Gandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In The Villages
Posts: 5,972
Re: Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I'm glad that common sense still exists. Thank you.


.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
AK Gandy is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Gandy Dancer
 
AK Gandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In The Villages
Posts: 5,972
Re: Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Bullchit nothing Rick. You know what QE does to the value of the dollar right?

That 56c slide was since QE began
Your lies won't work Dave.

Did you use the link I provided?

What am I saying?

Of course you didn't.

Here, I'll do your work for you.

I know that it will run counter to your simplistic "Repub's great...Dem's evil" .....but please explain the strength of the dollar during Clinton's terms and what happened when Bush took over.


Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
AK Gandy is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
FNG
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trempealeau WI
Posts: 6,018
Re: Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

Yes Rick I did look at your link. But then I also looked at the data presented in the study. The data in the study is accurate

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
Dave is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
FNG
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trempealeau WI
Posts: 6,018
Re: Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

http://jec.senate.gov/republicans/pu...6-e36519e178da

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
Dave is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Gandy Dancer
 
AK Gandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In The Villages
Posts: 5,972
Re: Obamanomics adds 56.5 cents to the cost of every gallon of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Yes Rick I did look at your link. But then I also looked at the data presented in the study. The data in the study is accurate.


Is it just by accident, that the graphs presented by Republicans.............start in November of 2008?

So tell us Dave, what was it that Bush did to run the price up to $150 a barrel in the summer of 2008?

This is exactly the type of misleading and partial facts that gets you in so much trouble.

I realize that the truth and you are mostly strangers, but one would have thought that you could get it right at least occasionally.



.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
AK Gandy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome