Controversial Rapper to be at White House Poetry GTG - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Dairy Mechanic

Controversial Rapper to be at White House Poetry GTG

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...orge-Bush.html

He also went to Revered Wright's church since he was 8 years old. Any thoughts.

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 02:21 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Controversial Rapper to be at White House Poetry GTG

I think it's absolutely ridiculous.

Jeff Dodd

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 02:27 AM
PSN Veteran

is this really a big surprise????

2009 F-250 FX4 Icon, Toyo, Fuel, Bilstein, IDP/SCT, Flopro

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Dairy Mechanic

Not for me.

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.

post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 AM
College=Broke as f*ck

Send a message via Skype™ to GreenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
I think it's absolutely ridiculous.
You must be a racist since you don't like common since he's black.......

Just waiting for Gandy to come up with some genius statement as to why we are all such simple minded underedumacated racist white men.

Anyways, my opinion of common is he can go blow a donkey schlong because thats all rap is good for.

Mine:
2000 F250 7.3 Powerstroke RC LB 4x4 Auto
ITP,K&N,ISSPRO

Mom's:
2002 Excursion Limited Ultimate 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
New springs all around. 4"blocks in the rear.
Hellwig Rear Sway Bar,Superchips
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

I heard this on Hannity Radio yesterday! I couldn't believe my ears. They call this poetry? There is no beauty in it. And to add, this doesn't incite violence or culminate anger? I thought since Gabriel Giffords shooting we were all to tone it down? I guess that only applies to the white guy?
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I know nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_pstroke View Post
is this really a big surprise????

Where you expecting Baxter Black? He's only Black in name, they're not gonna share there party with whitey!

I wouldn't want to go anyway, don't like Colt45 spiked Watermellon. (didn't want you to feel left out Rick)

Doesn't roll with anyone or tag along to be cool...
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Sponsor

Common, controversial??

Common is a very grounded individual, he raps about love and peace. You all find that controversial?. Just cuz he doesn't like Bush(like most people living outside of a Republican Americans Utopia) doesn't qualify him as controversial, just opinionated.

You all have your opinions, and that's is fine.

Do I agree with him talking about burning Bush? ####, preferably if it is rolled into a swisher sweet lol. Then again I don't agree with violence. But he is an individual and has every right you all do to express his opinion.

I could think of much better avenues for you all to be constructive over controversy.

And yes he is a poet. The beauty of poetry is it isn't all the same. It is a individuals own interpretation. A poem is a trip, a journey assisted by the writers vision or by the vision you create in your mind, inspired by the authors words. A poem is a metaphor, not a structured strain of words with only one message.

2009 F-250 4x2 sc/sb black 2011 F-350 cc/lb dually black

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking." Henry Ford
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Dairy Mechanic

Common can say what crap he wants. Freedom of speech.

The reason why it it draws attention is that he comes from Wright's church. Anti-white, anti-conservative, anti-rich, and anti-cop. Michelle and Obama were raised on this hatred.

Bringing Common to the WHITE HOUSE, a place that isn't suppose to endorse that kind of hatred, unless the NObama and Michelle share the same ideas. No surprise here.

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 06:00 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind View Post
Common, controversial??

Common is a very grounded individual, he raps about love and peace. You all find that controversial?. Just cuz he doesn't like Bush(like most people living outside of a Republican Americans Utopia) doesn't qualify him as controversial, just opinionated.

You all have your opinions, and that's is fine.

Do I agree with him talking about burning Bush? ####, preferably if it is rolled into a swisher sweet lol. Then again I don't agree with violence. But he is an individual and has every right you all do to express his opinion.

I could think of much better avenues for you all to be constructive over controversy.

And yes he is a poet. The beauty of poetry is it isn't all the same. It is a individuals own interpretation. A poem is a trip, a journey assisted by the writers vision or by the vision you create in your mind, inspired by the authors words. A poem is a metaphor, not a structured strain of words with only one message.
Ryan.....it wouldn't be controversial if Michelle Obama wasn't inviting him to a poetry event for kids. I could care less what his lyrics are. I am not a person that typically judges one or their actions. I just don't think he is a prime candidate to read poetry at a children's poetry event. I just don't agree with the choice made by the White House.

My opinion has nothing to do with Reverend Wright. My opinion has nothing to do with the Obama's. My opinion is solely based on the fact that he was chosen to speak/read at a poetry event. If you would like me to explain my opinion further, I have no problem with that.....but I think I have made it pretty clear why I feel the way I do.

Jeff Dodd

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode