Obamas Gas Price Hypocrisy - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Kip
PSN Local

Obamas Gas Price Hypocrisy

2005 Chevy Duramax (thats right I have a chevy and am on PSN. I use to have a PSD and I like this place.

THE SAINTS still suck GO COWBOYS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Recovering Cummins Owner

Re: Obamas Gas Price Hypocrisy

Paid 85.00 to fill my truck on Monday. I'm not holding my breath on Obama Bin Lyin doing anything about it.

2011 F250 Superduty CC Dark Blue Pearl Metallic

"Recovering Cummin's Owner"
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

I'm surprised they didn't have some tree huggers on there saying it's a good thing as well. I'm sure deer/squirrel/raccoon /possum/skunk deaths have decreased as well. Huh, that is a good thing, I wonder if insurance premiums will decrease because of all the lives saved?

Well one other thing, when Obama is re-elected, he'll have four more years to help us all out. Geez, that thought turns my stomach, hell, I'm still waiting for my bailout.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Kip
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
I'm surprised they didn't have some tree huggers on there saying it's a good thing as well. I'm sure deer/squirrel/raccoon /possum/skunk deaths have decreased as well. Huh, that is a good thing, I wonder if insurance premiums will decrease because of all the lives saved?

Well one other thing, when Obama is re-elected, he'll have four more years to help us all out. Geez, that thought turns my stomach, hell, I'm still waiting for my bailout.
There is no way in hell the Obama gets re-elected. Its really just one more thing that his was blaming Bush for and then does the same thing.

2005 Chevy Duramax (thats right I have a chevy and am on PSN. I use to have a PSD and I like this place.

THE SAINTS still suck GO COWBOYS!!!!
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 06:57 PM
id: 5520

I'm glad now he thinks it funny.. Hybrid van.. What a joke he is..
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip View Post
There is no way in hell the Obama gets re-elected. Its really just one more thing that his was blaming Bush for and then does the same thing.
Well, I hope you're right, but the typical US voter has a memory just a bit longer than a goldfish. All he has to do is say what wants to be heard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Olde gear jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsah View Post
I'm glad now he thinks it funny.. Hybrid van.. What a joke he is..
You're right Mark, a very bad one, but a joke nonetheless.

post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip View Post
Do you know how many people I heard say that about Clinton? Scary....

2005 F-350
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 PM
<-- it's like that

I think this thread needs a healthy dose of context.

Click the link, scroll down, and click where it says "Click here to play audio".

President Obama Visits Langhorne, Pa. Wind Turbine Manufacturer Gamesa CBS Philly

You don't have to read the article. I posted the article because contains a link to the only full copy of Obama's speech I could find. Every video I saw was heavily edited. Maybe I could have searched longer, but I'm simply not going to put in that much effort. The audio works fine.

Basically, the video posted by Kip isn't telling the entire story. What Obama was doing in that speech wasn't telling people off or not caring about gas prices... or even being hypocritical about his position regarding crude oil prices. He was addressing the 3 ways in which he believes fuel prices can be reduced, based on a question asked by someone in the audience. What was caught in that video was a tiny snippet of a bad joke that came back to bite him.

Now after listening to Obama, I do NOT agree with his approach, as I believe fully 50% or more of the cost of each barrel of oil is because of speculators, not demand, not fuel economy of vehicles, etc. Sure, increasing fuel mileage and reducing overall demand can help a little, but it's only going to be a small fraction of the price. When fully half the price is because of Wall Street unregulated speculation, that's what needs to be addressed.

Bush never acknowledged it, and apparently Obama is ignoring it too... even though he did briefly mention it when he announced forming a task force to investigate fuel pricing.

Basically, the Don Smith show is wrong because it took things out of context and twisted the meaning around. So before people go blindly agreeing with the Don Smith Show, they may want to take a reality check first.

By the way, a quick search on Google can find plenty of articles written during Bush's administration touting the so-called "benefits" of higher fuel prices. So no, it's not some liberal media agenda blindly following behind Obama.

Don Smith can suck it.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 PM
R.I.P. DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I think this thread needs a healthy dose of context.

Click the link, scroll down, and click where it says "Click here to play audio".

President Obama Visits Langhorne, Pa. Wind Turbine Manufacturer Gamesa CBS Philly

You don't have to read the article. I posted the article because contains a link to the only full copy of Obama's speech I could find. Every video I saw was heavily edited. Maybe I could have searched longer, but I'm simply not going to put in that much effort. The audio works fine.

Basically, the video posted by Kip isn't telling the entire story. What Obama was doing in that speech wasn't telling people off or not caring about gas prices... or even being hypocritical about his position regarding crude oil prices. He was addressing the 3 ways in which he believes fuel prices can be reduced, based on a question asked by someone in the audience. What was caught in that video was a tiny snippet of a bad joke that came back to bite him.

Now after listening to Obama, I do NOT agree with his approach, as I believe fully 50% or more of the cost of each barrel of oil is because of speculators, not demand, not fuel economy of vehicles, etc. Sure, increasing fuel mileage and reducing overall demand can help a little, but it's only going to be a small fraction of the price. When fully half the price is because of Wall Street unregulated speculation, that's what needs to be addressed.

Bush never acknowledged it, and apparently Obama is ignoring it too... even though he did briefly mention it when he announced forming a task force to investigate fuel pricing.

Basically, the Don Smith show is wrong because it took things out of context and twisted the meaning around. So before people go blindly agreeing with the Don Smith Show, they may want to take a reality check first.

By the way, a quick search on Google can find plenty of articles written during Bush's administration touting the so-called "benefits" of higher fuel prices. So no, it's not some liberal media agenda blindly following behind Obama.

Don Smith can suck it.

Dont forget obama admin wanted to raise taxes on fuel, I'll have to see if I can find the video or even a copy of his statement where he said (dont quote me on the $ figure but it was up there) he would like to see fuel at around $7.00 a gal.

Now it is funny though even if you take obama out of the picture all together how the same dem's in that video as well as media are no longer complaining about high fuel prices even when the avg price per gal is almost 2.00 more now than it was then.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode