The Wise Ant - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

The Wise Ant

Every year I do something special to celebrate the arrival of spring —I buy ant traps. Those little invaders continually march into our kitchen in search of any crumb left on the floor. They aren’t picky; a shard of potato chip, a grain of rice, or even a speck of cheese will do.

Although ants may be a nuisance, Solomon praised them for their steadfast work ethic (Prov. 6:6-11). He pointed out that ants are self-directed. They have “no captain, overseer, or ruler” (v.7), yet they are very productive. The ants also keep busy even when it’s not immediately necessary, providing supplies in the summer and gathering food in the harvest (v.8). By the time winter arrives, they’re not worried about what they will eat. Little by little, these hard workers have saved up enough to sustain themselves.

We can learn from the ant. When God gives us times of plenty, we can prepare for times when resources may be low. God is the provider of all that we have, including our ability to work. We are to work diligently, be wise stewards of what He has provided, and then rest in the promise of His care (Matt. 6:25-34).

Let’s remember Solomon’s advice: “Go to the ant . . . . Con-sider her ways and be wise” (Prov. 6:6).

The humble ant’s keen industry
Can teach us all a lesson,
If in creation we will see
God’s classroom is in session. —Gustafson

Trust God for today—and prepare for tomorrow.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:49 PM
id: 5520

Re: The Wise Ant

Large black ants come like an army up my back fence onto my house every spring.. No doudt they are incredible creatures that we can learn from.. I watch them for a little while in there daily chores and then, nuke them with several cans of raid..
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsah View Post
I watch them for a little while in there daily chores and then, nuke them with several cans of raid..

Heathen!

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 03:48 PM
< YOU WISH...

Ummmmm, ants follow the lead of the queen through pheromones, and they also eat the weakest of the colony when food runs short.

Amazing how science works isn't it. LMAO

Big fail for Solomon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
It feels like someone just had forced buttsecks with my eyes.

**no links for non site sponsors please**

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode