Limbaugh Praises Obama - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Limbaugh Praises Obama

The article is longer and has more in than this, but I thought I would point out that one of Obama's biggest critics actual praised him today....

Quote:
Meanwhile, the conservative talk-radio baron Rush Limbaugh suffered something of a tonal misfire, as some listeners took his comments on the bin Laden raid--which seem unmistakably derisive in print--as an unprecedented show of heartfelt gratitude to President Obama.

"President Obama single-handedly came up with the technique in order to pull this off," Limbaugh said on Monday. "You see, the military wanted to go in there and bomb as they always do. They wanted to drop missiles and drop bombs and a number of totally destructive techniques here. But President Obama, perhaps the only qualified member in the room to deal with this, insisted on the Special Forces. No one else thought of that. President Obama. Not a single intelligence adviser, not a single national security adviser, not a single military adviser came up with the idea of using SEAL Team 6 or any Special Forces."
Maybe all of you Obama haters who think he had nothing to do with this should grow up.....like Limbaugh did.

Jeff Dodd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Don't judge me...

Re: Limbaugh Praises Obama

I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that it was more of a sarcastic response than actual praise.

'02 cclb duallie, much work to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpavement View Post
Suspect all you want hommie but I swear to Jesus himself, if I walk in on you in that pose and you got a chick ass and a chick body.... I'm shuttin off the lights and takin you straight to pound town!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi7615 View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that it was more of a sarcastic response than actual praise.
Limbaugh and sarcasm don't go together....

Jeff Dodd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:23 AM
All Talk, No Walk?

Send a message via AIM to RSieck

I listened to him a little bit on my way home from class Monday, and he was only praising him for letting the Military keep doing what they've been doing, and not pulling them out. That was about the only thing he seemed to be praising Obama for when I was listening. Don't usually listen, but he comes on after the noon farm reports, so sometimes I catch a little bit here and there.

Early 99 PSD 4x4, Goerend Billet Tranny & Converter, GREEN

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Here is the link to the rest of the article....

Bin Laden news finds pundits forsaking usual comfort zones | The Upshot Yahoo! News

Although Limbaugh was probably being sarcastic, I think he was being somewhat sincere at the same time. He just can't be sincere about anything regarding Obama without throwing in sarcasm to throw people off. Beck and Hannity also gave their praises to Obama.

Jeff Dodd

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Gandy Dancer

Limpbaugh was definitely being sarcastic.

It's not in his DNA makeup to admit to a mistake......... or give Obama credit for anything.

Kinda like a few folks around here.

Let's see how many get butthurt, because they know that also applies to them.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Don't judge me...

That was the first time I actually saw the beginning of Beck. I admit, I laughed my a$$ off when the marching band came out

'02 cclb duallie, much work to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpavement View Post
Suspect all you want hommie but I swear to Jesus himself, if I walk in on you in that pose and you got a chick ass and a chick body.... I'm shuttin off the lights and takin you straight to pound town!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi7615 View Post
That was the first time I actually saw the beginning of Beck. I admit, I laughed my a$$ off when the marching band came out
that chit was hilarious

2009 F-250 FX4 Icon, Toyo, Fuel, Bilstein, IDP/SCT, Flopro
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Banned

Limbaugh was definitely being sarcastic. Please read the whole thing or even listen to the audio. I listened to that broadcast. It was definite sarcasm.

State-Run Media Totally Falls for Rush's "Thank God for Obama"
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Sponsor

It is totally ludicrous and laughable to think that anyone besides the people in the upper echelon of the staff has any idea what goes on behind the closed doors.

We are only fed what they want us to eat, plain and simple. Whose plan was it? Not Obama's, certainly. It was ALL of them, mostly the military I would imagine, but again, that is simply an assumption on my part.

There is a reason a presidents hair turns gray so fast, and I think part of the reason is because of huge pressure of finding out what they do, and the need to keep things from the public. There are things we don't need to know. I personally wish they would keep the Special Forces a little more special and not in the news.

2005 F-350

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode