Open cary in Tx.?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
One of a kind

Open cary in Tx.??

Open-carry bill sent to full House | KXAN.com

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 01:43 PM
I Just Break Stuff

Re: Open cary in Tx.??

That would definitely deter criminals. Would also change how lawmen handle themselves during routine traffic stops, and investigating incidents. I think it would be great.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

Personally, I've zero problem with concealed. Why do they want to carry exposed, other than it's easier. I'm an ex class 3 dealer, and know many LEO's, before someone thinks I'm anti-gun at any level. After listening to some guys, that I've sold handguns to, it seemed to be a macho thing more than anything else, when the subject of non-concealed came about. Then again, if you really are a cowboy, the kind that actually are on horseback, as an example, I can see having the handgun out in the open for ease of access. A snake or other bad critter isn't going to wait for you to drag a gun out of your pocket. Then again, you'd likely be on your own property.
I don't know if it's good or bad, likely somewhere in the middle.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Even if open carry was legal in my state I would still concealed carry.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 PM
id: 5520

I have a CC permit.. Even if I could, I wouldn't open carry in public.. I do open carry in the woods on my 4 wheeler for one reason, the revolver that is needed to stop a moose can not be concealed..
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 02:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsah View Post
I have a CC permit.. Even if I could, I wouldn't open carry in public.. ..
Ditto all around....

I have a philosophy? Who knew. Ok, where's the beer?

In lockstep to the end of the world....

2002 F-250/CC/SB/4"SS Magnaflow/Evolution2/HPX/Pre pump mod/Harpoon/65psi fuel shim/FTVB/Zoodad mod/2008 Diff Cover/V-10 transmission cooler
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Can a 1 ton do a wheelie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Personally, I've zero problem with concealed.
I don't know if it's good or bad, likely somewhere in the middle.
I feel the same. The reason I say that is cuz the guy thats going to rob you already know you have a gun he has the jump on you, but if you're like me and have your gun in the small of your back, when he asks fo your wallet you just reach back like usual and come around and double tap his ass in the chest, or gut.

'95 F350
IDM mod, FPR shim, 3 1/2" DP and CAT delete, aFe Big Boost, Quad pod-autometer Z seires gauges, 4" straight pipe exhuast, TS 6 position chip from KT performance

"Would it kill you to buy american" Clint Eastwood

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 PM
ARMY bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
It's open carry in AZ and I will always conceal. I've seen dudes that look like they're ready for war when they open carry. It's good for a laugh.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Ya, same here. I don't feel the need to intimidate some people in public, and I think all can agree, it likely would. There's enough anti-gun idiots around that they need no reinforcement. I always get a laugh at the guy that inadvertently bumps into your gun, and only feels it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsah View Post
I have a CC permit.. Even if I could, I wouldn't open carry in public.. I do open carry in the woods on my 4 wheeler for one reason, the revolver that is needed to stop a moose can not be concealed..
Oh come on Mark, you can't conceal a little .44mag? I can say though, those things get heavy after a while!

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 04:52 PM
id: 5520

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Ya, same here. I don't feel the need to intimidate some people in public, and I think all can agree, it likely would. There's enough anti-gun idiots around that they need no reinforcement. I always get a laugh at the guy that inadvertently bumps into your gun, and only feels it.

Oh come on Mark, you can't conceal a little .44mag? I can say though, those things get heavy after a while!
Yup, it's a Rugar Alaskan 44mag.. A 1200lb bull moose in the rut that has an interest in screwing my 4 wheeler = hand cannon..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images[2].jpg (3.8 KB, 29 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode