Drilling - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Trade up playa

Drilling

I saw this on another forum.

Get ready to say hello to $6 gasoline. If this traitor gets re-elected, this country will disintegrate.

The Obama Moratorium: No offshore drilling

The Obama administration’s six-month delay in approving new offshore drilling leases in federal waters will become a new three-year ban, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar quietly told reporters last Friday. Which means that no new oil and gas leases will be approved during President Obama’s term even though two –thirds of the American public supports such activity, according to a December 2009 Rasmussen poll.

Sixty percent also believe that gas and oil prices will drop if the government allows offshore drilling, opening up an estimate 14 billion barrels of oil and 55 trillion cubic feet of natural gas

On July 14, 2008 President George W. Bush lifted an executive ban on Outer Continental Shelf leasing. On October 1, 2008, in a bipartisan agreement, Congress lifted another longstanding ban on new oil and gas leasing in the OCS.

Drilling was supposed to begin this July. But Salazar said he intends to discard the 2010-2015 lease plan developed by the Bush administration in favor of a new plan that won’t even go into effect until 2012.

“Secretary Salazar has finally confirmed what had long been feared – that the Obama Administration has no intention of opening up new areas for offshore drilling during his four-years in office,” said Rep. Doc Hastings, the ranking Republican on the House Natural Resources Committee.

So for the next three years and probably more, trillions of dollars in domestic energy assets will remain untouched while billions of dollars more are spent on foreign oil.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: The Obama Moratorium: No offshore drilling while he’s in office | Barbara Hollingsworth | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Discuss.

05 XLT F250<--SOLD
6.uh oh
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Don't judge me...

Re: Drilling

We have already lost a lot of rigs that could be drilling here but they moved to other countries where they are welcome. This place is truly going to hell. Anyone who really thinks our great president is doing a good job needs to pull their head out of their ass.

'02 cclb duallie, much work to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpavement View Post
Suspect all you want hommie but I swear to Jesus himself, if I walk in on you in that pose and you got a chick ass and a chick body.... I'm shuttin off the lights and takin you straight to pound town!
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 10:09 PM
<-- it's like that

The article is from March 2010. Not only has the ban been lifted, but new drilling leases have been approved since the ban, as well as other drilling operations have resumed. Furthermore, the ban had zero impact on actual oil supplies, as oil reserves were are near record highs during the moratorium, and prices remained very steady during the entire length of the moratorium. What's ironic is that oil prices SPIKED after the moratorium was lifted.

In short, welcome to 2011.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 10:15 PM
WHAT???

to beat it all... Obama went to Brazil to try an get them to drill more so we can buy the oil from them.. He is such an idiot, killing this country

2000 F-250 ex sb 4x4 Swamped 7.3 (CR coming soon)

1999 F-450 cc fb 4x4 Swamped 7.3 (STOLEN)

2008 F-250 cc sb 4x4 H&S, S&B, 5", BMF, Grabbers

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKIN N STYLE View Post
to beat it all... Obama went to Brazil to try an get them to drill more so we can buy the oil from them.. He is such an idiot, killing this country
So explain how that's an idiot move and "killing this country".

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Trade up playa

I stumbled upon this today while doing a little research.

Obama urges oil producers to increase output - Yahoo! News

In my opinion when you go on saying, ever since your presidential campaign, that we need to reduce our foreign oil consumption then contradict yourself when trying to smooth things out in the public eye is not someone who should be running our country. I am well aware that a good amount of politicians are professional liars and swindlers but give me a break, if you don't have a clue as to how your going to accomplish change on one of your most important political issues, then stop speaking as if you have a clue. But at the same time what do the voters of this country know and why would they be interested in anything beyond maintaining reasonable oil prices at current consumption levels.

05 XLT F250<--SOLD
6.uh oh

"An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be"
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 01:01 AM
WHAT???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
So explain how that's an idiot move and "killing this country".
what is there to explain? He's going to other countries to get oil, when this country has more than enough to provide for itself. IF he would lift that band, and let the boys go back to work, we wouldn't have to depend on others

2000 F-250 ex sb 4x4 Swamped 7.3 (CR coming soon)

1999 F-450 cc fb 4x4 Swamped 7.3 (STOLEN)

2008 F-250 cc sb 4x4 H&S, S&B, 5", BMF, Grabbers

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
The article is from March 2010. Not only has the ban been lifted, but new drilling leases have been approved since the ban, as well as other drilling operations have resumed. Furthermore, the ban had zero impact on actual oil supplies, as oil reserves were are near record highs during the moratorium, and prices remained very steady during the entire length of the moratorium. What's ironic is that oil prices SPIKED after the moratorium was lifted.

In short, welcome to 2011.
Why don't you post up a list of all of those new permits that have been approved since the ban? I'll wait.........

I'll give you a hint, if you have 10 fingers you can count them

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 02:19 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKIN N STYLE View Post
what is there to explain? He's going to other countries to get oil, when this country has more than enough to provide for itself. IF he would lift that band, and let the boys go back to work, we wouldn't have to depend on others
That still doesn't explain it.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 02:25 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Why don't you post up a list of all of those new permits that have been approved since the ban? I'll wait.........

I'll give you a hint, if you have 10 fingers you can count them
I never gave a number, and I know it's not a lot. Never claimed to be a lot.

However, the ban has been lifted, and there have been new permits issued. That is fact, and that's what I stated earlier.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode