A Family In Trouble - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

A Family In Trouble

Many of Americaís 30 million white-tailed deer find themselves endangered not by guns, but by the cars of our expanding suburbs. I was reminded of their plight when a mature doe dashed through traffic just ahead of me. As I watched, I wondered what had driven her to take such a chance, and why she then stopped on the other side and looked back over her shoulder. As I drove by her, I turned to follow her gaze and saw two small fawns looking helplessly at their mother across the busy street. Instead of following, they turned and walked back into the woods.

This family is not alone. We too can find ourselves in circumstances of separation and danger we did not anticipate. Reading Malachi and Matthew reminds us that we are troubled children of troubled parents who desperately need the help of our Father in heaven. Sometimes we need His help to see and avoid repeating the sins of our fathers (Neh. 9:2-3). Sometimes we need His help to turn back to the example and care of loving parents (Luke 15:18).

Only from our heavenly Father can we find the perfect forgiveness, example, and inner grace we need. He knows we are all fallen children of fallen parents, and even now He offers us the help of His Spirit and the rescue of His Son.

Each day we learn from yesterday
Of Godís great love and care;
And every burden we must face
Heíll surely help us bear. óD. De Haan

Itís never too soon to turn back to God.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 02:51 PM
PSN Local

Re: A Family In Trouble

one of my favorite quotes "science only goes so far and then comes god" its from a chick flick :"the notebook" but still great none the less

07.5 LMM duramax....yes i made the trek to the darkside....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 03:24 PM
All done now

I hope she made it back across the road to her babies.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 03:55 PM
PSN Local

Absolutely correct. True believer of that. But sometimes we are to stubborn to ask help from God.

2010 F-250 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CC/SB Black, Limoed Out

w/Spartan 310
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 05:23 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2good2Btru View Post
Absolutely correct. True believer of that. But sometimes we are to stubborn to ask help from God.
or realize that god will not give us more than we can handle

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldiestroker944 View Post
or realize that god will not give us more than we can handle
Please explain that, I've heard it many times, but for reasons of my own, I'm doubting that.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Please explain that, I've heard it many times, but for reasons of my own, I'm doubting that.
um what is there to explain...?? im not exactly sure where it is in scripture sorry but in a nutshell it states that the lord with not put more on you plate than you can eat... if this where not true would you be here right now?? i guess that how i interperate it. im also not trying to start a holy war

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldiestroker944 View Post
um what is there to explain...?? im not exactly sure where it is in scripture sorry but in a nutshell it states that the lord with not put more on you plate than you can eat... if this where not true would you be here right now?? i guess that how i interperate it. im also not trying to start a holy war
No, no holy war from me either. Like you, I don't know any where that it's written word for word. The closest anyone has come is the story of Job. Without going into details, my life has been turned completely upside down. No matter how many times I ask, I get no answer. Each day is nothing but drudge and stress. Do I lose it? Daily. My health is starting to suffer from it, and yet, silence. I suppose your pointe of still being here could be interpreted as proof, I don't know.
I guess I'm just venting, sorry.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

I have been through my share of problems and God has helped me thru quite a few of them, I don't say all of them because when I asked and got no answer it was because my heart was not right with him.

Prayer without faith is worthless, you have to believe in Jesus and except him into your heart first then have faith that he will share your burdens.
Many people belive in God but do not have God in there lives, big difference.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:23 AM
Dead dinosaur consumer

Hang in there john. This too shall pass. I hope it's soon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode