I like what I'm hearing so far..."Gary Johnson" - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

I like what I'm hearing so far..."Gary Johnson"

Gary E. Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He just threw his hat in the political ring.

Thoughts?

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 06:04 PM
PSN Newb

Re: I like what I'm hearing so far..."Gary Johnson"

Couldnt stand him as governer. If he wins Rep nomination I will have to write myself in Prez.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 06:12 PM
PSN Veteran

He used green for 3 years to cope with pain.....

2006 Triple Turbo Dodge

7.3 injectors are like greeters at wal mart. They are there and they do there job, but you can't ask them to do anything quickly or they will get confused and give up.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Dearden View Post
He used green for 3 years to cope with pain.....
I don't know anything about him except a few of his positions on issues and I liked what I saw.

JD, would you respect him more if he took Vicodan as Drs. often prescribe for those 3 years of his pain? I mean what is the problem with him being a smoker? He clearly is a responsible, self-made man. Shouldn't he have that choice under a limited government just as you and I have a choice to drink a beer tonight?

CL, please explain your position so we can learn. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 07:34 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
I don't know anything about him except a few of his positions on issues and I liked what I saw.

JD, would you respect him more if he took Vicodan as Drs. often prescribe for those 3 years of his pain? I mean what is the problem with him being a smoker? He clearly is a responsible, self-made man. Shouldn't he have that choice under a limited government just as you and I have a choice to drink a beer tonight?

On his Wiki page it says he used marijuana for 3 years to deal with pain from a paragliding accident.....I personally couldent care less if someone uses that. But that might come up in a run to be the pres.

2006 Triple Turbo Dodge

7.3 injectors are like greeters at wal mart. They are there and they do there job, but you can't ask them to do anything quickly or they will get confused and give up.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

Absolutely, it would be an issue for many on the religious right and plenty on the left as well. Valid point.

But wouldn't all Conservatives vote for him anyways compared to Obama? And what % of Independents would even care?

More importantly, how many people like me, would seriously consider voting for him when they would never consider a Trump, Palin, Newt, etc...?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 07:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Absolutely, it would be an issue for many on the religious right and plenty on the left as well. Valid point.

But wouldn't all Conservatives vote for him anyways compared to Obama? And what % of Independents would even care?

More importantly, how many people like me, would seriously consider voting for him when they would never consider a Trump, Palin, Newt, etc...?
I really have no idea....

2006 Triple Turbo Dodge

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
While i personally care less about the legalization of marijuana, this man while governer wanted to legalize all narcotics(heroin ect..). During his second election run he took a ton of money from the oilfield promising quite a bit and completely turned his back on us (both southeastern NM and the Oilfield), doing nothing but playing political grab ass with the elites once reelected. There was a ton of other stuff ill remember and post as I do but after 8 years of hatred for a new governer kinda pushed some old memories out.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Don't judge me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLJones12 View Post
While i personally care less about the legalization of marijuana, this man while governer wanted to legalize all narcotics(heroin ect..). During his second election run he took a ton of money from the oilfield promising quite a bit and completely turned his back on us (both southeastern NM and the Oilfield), doing nothing but playing political grab ass with the elites once reelected. There was a ton of other stuff ill remember and post as I do but after 8 years of hatred for a new governer kinda pushed some old memories out.
If he turned his back on the oilfield that's all I need to know to not support him.

'02 cclb duallie, much work to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpavement View Post
Suspect all you want hommie but I swear to Jesus himself, if I walk in on you in that pose and you got a chick ass and a chick body.... I'm shuttin off the lights and takin you straight to pound town!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

So just to be clear. Johnson accepting money from special interests (as politicians do) but didn't repay the favor once in office? Wow, a politician w/ ethics and he is castrated for it.

The way an ethical politician behaves is that he accepts donations from people/ oraganizations that agree w/ his policies but he doesn't alter his political plan based on $ he received in an attempt to benefit his donators. That would make him a dirty politician in my book.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode