This will continue to happen? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Banned

This will continue to happen?

If keep following the business model our Gov't is implementing currently (WH especially).

Economist's View: David Wessel: Big U.S. Firms Shift Hiring Abroad

Thoughts please. My humble opinion once again for this is unions driving many of our businesses overseas, along with taxation and labor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 10:54 AM
One of a kind

Re: This will continue to happen?

I am anti union but there are a few that arnt corupt........but yea most of them suck balls. But a big part of the jobs going overseas is that people are actually greatfull for anyjob. They dont think they are to good to get dirty. Or expect 100,000 a year and full benifits for doing manual labor. Alot of younger Americans also have no work ethic what so ever. But hey why would someone want to work when in some cases you can sit at home and the gont will pay you more not to. I must be a dumbass for going to work every morning.

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I am not attacking unions to make it clear. In my opinion, that is one contributing factor I feel. Why do we all suppose most of our manufacturing jobs move elsewhere, umm lets say mexico?

post #4 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 AM
One of a kind

They will work for nothing and there is no cost to bring the goods back in...........you would be a retard to pay an American 70 bucks an hour when you could pay a mexican 5-10 and he will be in heaven. Not demand more and be at work on time. And wont have a union crying for him if he fuks up he is gone. Also the epa plays a big role in it too.And so does osha. So basicly The enviromentalist and saftey freiks are makeing it to expensive to do anything here.

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD-BLACK-CLOUD View Post
They will work for nothing and there is no cost to bring the goods back in...........you would be a retard to pay an American 70 bucks an hour when you could pay a mexican 5-10 and he will be in heaven. Not demand more and be at work on time. And wont have a union crying for him if he fuks up he is gone. Also the epa plays a big role in it too.And so does osha. So basicly The enviromentalist and saftey freiks are makeing it to expensive to do anything here.
You hit the nail on the head there! I overlooked that, but that is why I am open to others thoughts.
post #6 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it's like that

I was out of work for about 5 months last year. I almost went out of my mind. I don't know how people that live off the system do it. I actually started doing odd little things for people for next to nothing just to have something to do.

It is definately a problem that costs to produce a product here costs more than overseas or in a different country. There are all kinds of reasons that this is the case. EPA, Corperate tax rates, OHSA, Unions all have a play in it. There is one big one being left out though, peoples arrogance. People think there labor is worth $40 per hour even though there are hundreds that would be willing to do the same job for $20. So many people think they are entitled because they were born in the USA and they shouldn't have to work to be in the same spot I am. It's a free country go start your own damn business if you think it is so easy. Yeah, I make good money, but I also average over 3000 hr per year instead of your 2000 hrs. If I screw something up, I'm paying the cost to make it right not my boss. Oh, tax me a little bit more so I can pay "my fair share" because I use so much of our countries services every year.

Rant over, I just sent a new CC Diesel dually to the IRS and I'm still stuck with my 04' because I haven't paid "my share"

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #7 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
Why do we all suppose most of our manufacturing jobs move elsewhere, umm lets say mexico?
Why do people expect the U.S. to remain as a manufacturing-dominant country forever?

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #8 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 12:53 AM
One of a kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Why do people expect the U.S. to remain as a manufacturing-dominant country forever?
Because any job is better than no job. And if we cant make it and need it we are fuked. Some people cant do anything but manufacture goods.

post #9 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 01:14 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Is there any country in the world that does not require a strong labor base to survive?

We need to MAKE things to keep jobs and moneys here. I'm sorry, but not everyone is smart enough to be anything more then a maker...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #10 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Is there any country in the world that does not require a strong labor base to survive?

We need to MAKE things to keep jobs and moneys here. I'm sorry, but not everyone is smart enough to be anything more then a maker...
Some people are to dumb to run a screw into drywall. The problem with our gov't is they have to protect everyone and the gene pool might be a little better if some people did just die and never reproduced. I know I will get crap from some people, but it is a fact. Look at wildlife, the weak don't survive to reproduce. Protecting everyone just makes it so the stupid survive and we as a whole get dumber with every generation.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode