This one is for SunsPSD - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Banned

This one is for SunsPSD

U.S. Weighs Summer GM Stock Sale - WSJ.com

Not all bad news, but really, how is that tarp thingy working out for ya?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Re: This one is for SunsPSD

GM should have never been bailed out to begin with. All we did was prolong the inevitable. I don't understand why failure has been turned into such a bad thing, it should be used as a teaching tool so you don't end right back to where you were at a later date. I just had a learning experience that cost me a lot of money. Trust me that one won't be happening again.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:53 PM
FNG

Contrary to popular belief failure is not always a bad thing.

Its a learning experience

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I want to reiterate this, GM only paid back ~12% of their money that we taxpayers loaned them. Obama pardoned the rest, and GM stuck it to their common stockholders. GM then used that money we taxpayers loaned them and paid bonuses of $4,000 for every GM employee. It is still a kick in the balls for me everytime I think about it.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Contrary to popular belief failure is not always a bad thing.

Its a learning experience
Right on! My old priest basically said the exact same thing, He states as follows, "If you have never failed in life, you have not trully lived."
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Gotta make sure Suns reads this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Recovering Cummins Owner

When I switched from my Dodge Ram to the new Ford, I told the dealer that the chief reason I was making the switch was because Ford didn't take the government money. He said that the last three months have been the best in the dealerships history, and almost everyone coming in is trading out of a chevy or dodge with the same statements.

2011 F250 Superduty CC Dark Blue Pearl Metallic

"Recovering Cummin's Owner"
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I am going to keep this running. Jerry Bader (http://www.wtaq.com/) just announced on the radio that we lost money from saving GM-I will have more on this as soon as he releases the data or someone else.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockF250 View Post
When I switched from my Dodge Ram to the new Ford, I told the dealer that the chief reason I was making the switch was because Ford didn't take the government money. He said that the last three months have been the best in the dealerships history, and almost everyone coming in is trading out of a chevy or dodge with the same statements.
I guess a lof of people are pretty gullible.

I love it that Ford has managed to stay under the radar in this whole deal.

No, they didn't take a direct loan from the government.

Yes, they did take private loans that were insured against default by the government.

Now when you get right down to it..........what the heck is the difference?

Click Here

Quote:
Ford Motor Company was supposed to be the only major U.S. automaker not in need of a bailout, but this week Ford accepted a $5.9 billion loan subsidy under the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA). The EISA loan is designed to help the auto industry by supporting “capital investments in facilities designed to produce vehicles with greater fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.”

It’s not a “bailout,” Ford executives would likely argue, on the basis that the money is a loan. But would Ford have been able to obtain the same amount of money and the same interest rate in the free market? To what extent is the loan (the difference between the government-provided loan and what the free market would offer) a subsidy? Undoubtedly, a $5.4 billion infusion of cash from already tapped-out taxpayers for doing what Ford was presumably already doing with their business model won't hurt their cash flow. And coming in a tough year for the auto industry, it was probably even more welcomed.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 02:48 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Come on gandy... Thats not even close to a "bail out"... More like a government grant to build the next POS Prius...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode