Really disliking my 08 diesel - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Really disliking my 08 diesel

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how many hours roughly to pull and install a new enhanced short block on my super duty.. I feel like since I'm a chic I may be getting screwed..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Luddite in Charge

Re: Really disliking my 08 diesel

Too random. Need more Intel.
Spence likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 12:15 AM
Administrator

until then i guess 22 hrs

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Had to have a new enhanced short block put in my truck at 140k miles. The mechanic is charging me for over 40 he's of labor. Truck still isn't fixed because the brand new block isn't running right.. He had to have it towed to ford dealership.. I just want to make sure I'm not getting suckered.. He's had my truck for over a month now.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 12:55 AM
PSN Local

Garage

Short block on a crew cab is 29.4 hrs which includes cab removal and swap over heads and all other parts so ur getting screwed on labor

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 01:09 AM
PSN Newb

Your better off than at a dealership. Ford dealerships are trying to get 35 hrs just for erg cooler, oil cooler and headstuds. But that's a dealer. Sorry for your bad experience I hate that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 08:35 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Apryl Chastain View Post
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how many hours roughly to pull and install a new enhanced short block on my super duty.. I feel like since I'm a chic I may be getting screwed..

I have heard that the 6.4 is a "throw away motor" so many for sale online..

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 11:07 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodough View Post
I have heard that the 6.4 is a "throw away motor" so many for sale online..

I bought my 08 over 2 years ago down in VA and they're still selling locally with comparable mileage for more then what I paid then! There's another recent thread where someone explained how relevant the 6.4 motor is in the commercial world that would definitely debunk that opinion. Ford may have used it as a "fill in" motor just until they could get their own operation up and running to produce something reliable, born the 6.7. Even with that being said, the 6.4 is tried and true and many would say untouchable with the proper modifications and maintenance..

-2008 Job #3 F250 CCSB 4x4
-Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
-Peak Fleet Charge Purple Coolant
-SCT X4 Babysitter
-17" XD Addicts
-285 General Grabber AT2's
-Power Service White in the Tank
-Moog Tie Rods and Drag Arm
-Drilled and Slotted Rotors
-GearBoxZ DPF-R 4.0
-Flo-Pro DOC/DPF delete
-MPD CCV Kit
-Injen Evo CAI
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 02:26 AM
PSN Veteran

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar524ak View Post
Your better off than at a dealership. Ford dealerships are trying to get 35 hrs just for erg cooler, oil cooler and headstuds. But that's a dealer. Sorry for your bad experience I hate that

Yeah cause getting a shade tree to fix it is whats best, you get what you pay for. Maybe the dealer just misquoted or isn't a reliable shop, but at our dealership we get all kinds of crap in that has not been done properly and has costed the customer more money to fix it properly. Just so you know there are some really good dealerships out there that do care about the customer and get it fixed right the first time.

2002 F-250 CCSB PSD 4X4, 38R, S&B CAI, Bully Dog GT, 4" Exhaust, 05 head lights and grill, 08 power fold mirrors, tailgate, bumper, tail lights, 2014 chrome steps.
1979 Bronco 4X4, 460, c6, 205
2003 Ranger 2.3 MT 2wd
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 02:31 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by codykthekilla View Post
Yeah cause getting a shade tree to fix it is whats best, you get what you pay for. Maybe the dealer just misquoted or isn't a reliable shop, but at our dealership we get all kinds of crap in that has not been done properly and has costed the customer more money to fix it properly. Just so you know there are some really good dealerships out there that do care about the customer and get it fixed right the first time.

Yea I know I used to work for one. Didn't say all dealers are bad at all. Just cause it's not a dealership doesn't mean it's a shade tree. I know plenty of Diesel shops that master Diesel techs that started at ford own/operate. Trust me not all dealers are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode