Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

coilover suspension

7K views 58 replies 11 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
im planning on ditching my current setup of dual shocks and a spring to king coilovers for more travel and articulation.
anyone seen similar setup for 08 or close or know af any?

#5 ·
Check out icon vehicle dynamics coilover setup, 7-9 inch lift.. I just got this kit for my 2006..All i can say is sweet...I will be installing this week..I went with the new coil bucket setup.. I have brand new coilover mounts that bolt into your stock bucket (rize ind) that i will sell you cheap..

#6 ·
its currently a pro comp 6" but i opted for the fox shocks...funny thing is, a while after i swapped over their mx-6 shocks with the fox, which was a hastle, i later seen the same set up in mag. by pro comp haa haa.

#15 ·
Ya do. Like i said i have springs and drop brackets. I was thinking of just ordering a bds front box kit but im not going to have the money for another week or so. So if i dont forget ill get ahold of you and see where your at before i order...

#19 ·
coilover with bypasses should handle freeway(even la's)just fine, as far as chase truck it would be the ultimate as long as shocks were set up correctly.My new icon's have built in bump and from my research its the best coilover out of the box for SuperDutys, good luck and research before you buy. I bought a rize 4 link kit and decided not to use it,now its just collecting dust in my garage...

#29 ·
I would avoid coil overs in the rear if you are going to tow. That is just my opinion i had a buddy with an F-250 with coil over all the way around and it towed like ass squated horrible. Like stated before you might be able to use airbags to aid in towing.

#31 ·
i saw the set up with the coilovers in the rear and they look nice but it'll be ALOT of weight trailer, truck, wheels and all!
im also trying to keep it around the 6" setup i have now so i dont have to worry about the angle of the driveshafts

#32 ·
Keeping at a 6" we could do the Icon hoop and coilover as mentioned.....here's a pic of a truck we did with that setup and a Sway-W-Way 2.5" bottom mounted reservoir (could do a bypass if you wanting the ability to fine tune it).

Are you looking to upgrade anything in the rear or just the front?

#33 ·
Keeping at a 6" we could do the Icon hoop and coilover as mentioned.....here's a pic of a truck we did with that setup and a Sway-W-Way 2.5" bottom mounted reservoir (could do a bypass if you wanting the ability to fine tune it).

Are you looking to upgrade anything in the rear or just the front?

most likely in the rear. like i mentioned it will be used as a chase truck, but also is my daily driver.
i have fox 2.5 with resevoir in the rear at the moment, but then again i havent been haulin ass with stuff in the bed either.

thats a nice set up by the way!!!

#35 ·
BFT,

FWIW, we will soon be offering 4 wheel coil-over system which is California legal (31" frame height) on 38s by One Up Offroad. This system will also be available with rear airbags for heavy towing applicatoins. Not cheap, but bombproof. Here is a video of the prototype on a Dodge:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.