410Customs TAKEUCHI mini excavator re furbish - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 09:30 PM
PSN intsigator

Re: 410Customs TAKEUCHI mini excavator re furbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by masakimm View Post
u know good and well my phone was occupied this morning.

Explosive Diarrhea not ur friend but a great weight loss tool.
That's no excuse

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

PICS!

This is where engine meets pump, a small puddle will develop where the blue mark is when running
Seems minor but if engine is out I want to address this seal/gasket

Pump type

I think they were sniffing the ether too
Console fubar, instrument cluster is on the bench to see if it can be rehab

Mess, see the original ignition switch? yup still under there, lots of jimmy rigged wiring

coolant sensor MIA

Tiny turbo has oil leaks going in and out

This says it all
Dustybumpers likes this.

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, collecting parts for suspension lift
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
21.9 liter family
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Native Texan

Garage

Yap i agree fix the problems while its apart other wise u will be cussing ur self when you have to do it later and tear it all back apart. And believe me i have experience with that just ask me bout my transmission.

410customs and Dustybumpers like this.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:26 AM
PSN Veteran

Just kinda thinking out loud here .... I wonder how a Kubota 4 cyl would compare in size to the little Yanmar, as in say a used Kubota such as could be found in a Carrier reefer unit.....

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
410customs likes this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Luddite in Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydoc View Post
Metal tracks slip very easy on ice without ice cleats.

The ice cleats I am referring to are tabs welded to the grouser so the weight of the machine punches through the ice and holds it in place alit better
#4 Rebar welded across every other pad works cheap too.
410customs likes this.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Yap i agree fix the problems while its apart other wise u will be cussing ur self when you have to do it later and tear it all back apart. And believe me i have experience with that just ask me bout my transmission
Ah yes I know this drill well. I think I had my injectors out 3 times in a month and then twice in the next month before I got them seated properly.

Quote:
I wonder how a Kubota 4 cyl would compare in size to the little Yanmar,
Now we are talking!
This is the kind of thinking I like, if it bolts up and makes the correct power it can work. I mean these things get fuel, signal to the starter and a throttle cable, you could put anything in here that fits. I am partial to the Yanmar as I have one in my John deere, I am not sure you can beat a Yanmar diesel in your equipment. Kubota is good Yanmar is probably better
However I AM having a hard time finding a replacement or rebuilt engine, seems this model is too old? WTH?
So also looking at other engines that will semi bolt in, similar power range

I have a few reman companies getting me quotes on a replacement lets see what they come up with.

Anyone rebuild /refresh one of these at home? In frame?

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at

2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
21.9 liter family

Last edited by 410customs; 05-02-2019 at 04:22 PM.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Native Texan

Garage

I would reman the yanmar. I have heard they are really good motors. And then u ain't got to make something work.

410customs likes this.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:44 PM
PSN Veteran

Definitely simpler just to fix it, if possible/affordable, I'm partial to the little Kubotas myself, the ones I've delt with in the trailers have been fairly simple. They are all mechanical if that means anything, start good cold, and hold about 11 qts of oil, not sure about the horsepower ratings though. If you don't get anywhere with your rebuild parts I guess it's an option. If you want pics or rough measurements at some point just ask.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
410customs likes this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

making progress!
The machine no longer dies under load or when warm!
I have the instrument cluster working

Since heymccall from Heavyequipment forum pointed me to a possible fuel issue I started digging into it.
I found the way the mr gasket fuel pump was installed was causing an air bubble on the gravity feed side of things. I simply removed the bolt and laid the pump flat in the engine bay pan. Ever since this and cleaning the fuel bowl, the machine will run all day! It has more power and it runs more smoothly.
I checked inside the fuel tank, nice and clean no obstructions. The fuel level was getting low which was matching the height of the electric pump = air bubble = so she was running out of fuel!

Once it was running better I decided to change all the filters and crankcase oil.
Cleaned the air filter, replaced the fuel filter, replaced the hydraulic return filter, and changed the engine oil /filter.
She was also down about 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid.
Thanks to the owners manual I found the hydraulic tank sight glass and cleared it off
Now it runs even more smoothly!

I replaced the diode and all fuses in the fuse panel. Cleaned up all the wiring connections on the back side of the instrument cluster (monitor) and fuse box.
Now the instrument cluster lights up, all lights come on then go off, except the battery/charge indicator it flashes.
The hour meter is even lit up! Next is to hook up the wires for fuel and water temp gauges see if they work too
After that try to hook up the rest of the feed wires, the oil pressure light, and others, confirm the alternator is charging

ALL of the safety wires / gauge wires on this machine have been unhooked! No stop relay on this bad boy, instead it the engine shutoff is now done by cable.

I know where there is a coolant temp sensor, a coolant gauge feed, another what looks to be coolant temp sensor? (3 coolant sensors), I see the oil pressure switch on the engine.
What I do not see if the air clog switch?, and a couple of the others but we will get to that.
In the factory wiring schematic there are two parts to the instrument cluster, the "monitor" (or lights/gauges) and the "controller".
Can anyone tell me where the "controller" is what it looks like? LMFAO
My guess is the previous owner when removing the safety solenoid/ electric engine shutoff and safety devices ripped out the control module?

Next is the hard starting, she still wants the ether to restart. bummer
When cold (sitting all night) it will not start without a small shot of ether.
The rest of the day when warm she will start up sometimes it takes some cranking, sometimes it fires right away. I still suspect a fuel feed issue/injection pump and also low compression.
I need to perform a compression test and see where we are at. While the injectors are out I can watch the spray patterns

For now I am working to remove all the hacks on this machine, fix broken loose wires and hook up sensors. Also fix the rest of the leaks.
The turbo feed or return line is leaking oil, likely just a bad O ring
One of the long hydraulic lines from the pump to the main valve is leaking pretty good, I plan to remove it and replace it.
Some wires are chaffed here and there, I am fixing those as I see them

I ordered a new grid heater, $36 on Ebay made by NGK. I am hoping this might help with the cold start issue, but I still suspect a weak injection pump or low compression or both.
Engine has no visible blow by coming from PCV tube, no black smoke, only light grey smoke when cold. This is a good sign and improvement.
No glow plug or thermostart on this model, only the grid heater.
I am taking lots of notes
will get some pics!

She is digging the clearing brush all over the place. My world of shoveling, pick axing, moving tree stumps and brush and loading trailers just got a whole lot easier........
masakimm likes this.

21.9 liter family

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode