Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

H2E oil line leak help.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NVJAY775 
#1 ·
I have a leak on the lower oil line fitting area... Not sure if it's at the fitting into plate, or the compression into plate fitting. The fitting that threads into the plate was pre installed by hypermax. It had what looked and smelled like blue loctite on it. I removed it to check and will re-install. I just wanted to make sure it had sealant on it.

This next one I feel kinda dumb on. In the directions, it just says to install it (the oil line). I assumed it meant as-is with the rubber doughnuts between the flair and brass compression fitting. I thought it was kind of odd looking, because I haven't seen a fitting like that before. Meaning the rubber doughnut. Was I supposed to remove it? The top fitting sealed with it.

Thanks much guys
Jay

#4 ·
I'll try that too. Didn't get a look at it again yesterday after I put the oil (feed) line back on. It's still leakin though.

Thanks for the heads up!
Jay

#5 ·
God dammit jay, now i need an H2E kit.

#6 ·
Sunshine! What are you up to? I wish the roads would melt off so I can light this thing... But it sounds like we may get more the end of the week. When the roads melt off I'll give ya a call, so we can go for a ride.

I still haven't worked on it. I think the oil drain is the culprit. I'll try sealing it as soon as I get a chance and post back.

Thanks guys!
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.