50/50 wmo diesel question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

50/50 wmo diesel question

I am wanting to run some WMO in my 96 PSD I am planning on running 50/50 WMO diesel mix. So my question is do I need to add the 15-20% RUG to the WMO if I will be mixing 50/50 with pump diesel? I only plan on running 50/50 through the warmer months.
Thanks
Corey

96 White Single cab. 3" DP. TS chip. Ccv Mod. Glowshift gauges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 12:35 AM
PSN Newb

Re: 50/50 wmo diesel question

I have a 2005 6.0L The 50/50 was way too much. I had to reduce it down to about 10-15% WMO. My EGR valve started sticking open and it seems like one injector was stuck but somehow unstuck itself. I haven't had any problems running 5 gallons of filtered WMO (no RUG just filtered) to 1 micron per tank of fuel.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 01:59 PM
PSN Local

I ran 50/50 and did not use any gasoline for about 20,000 miles with no problems. Over time, my truck will start smoking. It runs fine, but smokes, and if you put your foot in the floor, you can't see anything behind you. So I cut back the oil some.

I think each truck is different. I have a friend that is running 50/50 and it doesn't smoke at all, plus it runs great.

The regular unleaded gas is used when you don't mix the oil with diesel fuel. I never had any success with that. It made tons of smoke.

97 Regular Cab 4x4, 6637 Intake Mod, 3" Downpipe, 203 Thermostat, 3" to 4" turbo back exhaust, Airdog II fuel bowl delete electric fuel.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 06:15 AM
PSN Newb

I think that the safest bet is that you try something that has been tested by someone else, then if you want to come up with your own "mix" to do the conversion slowly so that you can watch for any potential problems that might come up. If your truck reacts differently to a particular composition then you won't be at too much risk or a major issue happening if you do a slow switch.

http://financesmarter.com.au/vehicle/cars/ford/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode