Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Not getting fuel

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Customcoop 
#1 ·
Hello I'm not getting any fuel to any of the fuel system I have replaced the lift pump and all filters and I also replaced the upper filter housing and pressure regulator due to having a lot of fuel return. Before it stopped getting fuel it would start and run but seemed like it kept running out of fuel. So I replaced the pump and filters. And still had the same problem. I tried to bleed the air out of the system but coyget it all out as I couldn't even get the upper filter to fill completely. Now if I cycle the key I don't get any fuel but the pump comes on. So ireplaced the entire pump and filter assembly again(conditioning module) and am still having the same problem. No fuel. I'm starting to think that maybe my fuel pick up in the tank is broken my fuel level is 7/8 full. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I've been working on this for months now probably about 6 and really need to get my truck back on the road and also before changing anything I did check for contaminats and metal flakes and there weren't any my fuel system was pretty clean. Except for the lower filter looked pretty dirty but upper was really clean.

#3 ·
Well some 6.4s did have issues with the HPFP wire harness chafing and shorting out the pump which could obviously cause a fuel issue. What’s your desired vs actual pressure at cranking/idle. You’ll need almost 5k of fuel pressure to open the injectors hence starting. Can you hear the lower pump running when key on engine off? Does it fill the fuel bowl rapidly as well? There is a fuse that will blow when the wires chafe that does cause a no start issue but I can’t remember which one.

#6 ·
It was the pickup tube it was broken and for some reason there was a shop towl in the tank got it all cleaned up and fixed. Runs like a champ now. Also unrelated to the fuel when I unlock my truck using the key fob my mirrors adjust Al the way up and to the right until the mirrors start clicking at the end of range what could cause that and again only when I use the key fob?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.