Mishimoto radiators. - Page 7 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 01:27 PM
PSN Local
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: sumter ,sc
Posts: 130
Re: Mishimoto radiators.

Looks like it's time for another warranty claim. Had to limp home from Orlando pulling a loaded 28ft enclosed trailer. Radiator absolutely pouring. Took it to ford and they verified what I expected, time for another radiator. Really hope this version 2 takes care of the problem.
sctreeguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 04:28 PM
PSN Local
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
Re: Mishimoto radiators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctreeguy View Post
Looks like it's time for another warranty claim. Had to limp home from Orlando pulling a loaded 28ft enclosed trailer. Radiator absolutely pouring. Took it to ford and they verified what I expected, time for another radiator. Really hope this version 2 takes care of the problem.
Sorry to hear it SCT, I apologize for the failure. Our team should have no issue setting you up with our V2 design. Please let me know when the new unit is installed.

-John
Mishimoto is offline  
post #63 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 06:31 PM
PSN Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
Re: Mishimoto radiators.

I purchased a Mishimoto radiator for my 2008 6.4L F250 about a year ago now. The first version failed after 6 months or so of use. When I contacted customer service to submit my warranty claim, they let me know that this was a known issue with their radiators on the 6.4L Fords and that they had developed a version 2 "V2" (you'll notice that on the end of their part number on their website). This second version was made with rubber mounting posts and stronger plates to help dampen the vibrations from the truck and strengthen the unit to prevent failure.

Warranty exchange was easy, fill out a form, take some pictures, recycle the old failed radiator...that's about it. Oh, yeah, there's also the trouble of having the new replacement radiator installed...taking it somewhere and paying a hefty fee for labor (or if you are skilled, spending a few hours to do it yourself) and buying new coolant. Warranty exchange easy, install not so easy.

After I got the second version installed (the new and improved super radiator, destined for greatness, and much better than the original version) I was feeling bullet proof again. Until it failed, just like the first one. So now I am on my third radiator that has failed (the original OEM, the Mishimoto version 1, and now the Mishimoto version 2). And I am in the process of submitting another warranty claim with Mishimoto...

I was told by a Mishimoto customer service rep that they have had so many reported failures and warranty claims on the 6.4L radiators that they actually purchased one of their customer's F250 trucks to perform testing and research as to what is causing the failures so that they can try and fix it. So, I guess for now, I'll get another V2 until that fails 6 months from now, and hope and pray that the V3 is completed by that time. And that the next version actually lasts for more than 10K miles.

2008 F250 V8 6.4L
SanDiegoPowerStroke is offline  
 
post #64 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 05:15 PM
PSN Local
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
Re: Mishimoto radiators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoPowerStroke View Post
I purchased a Mishimoto radiator for my 2008 6.4L F250 about a year ago now. The first version failed after 6 months or so of use. When I contacted customer service to submit my warranty claim, they let me know that this was a known issue with their radiators on the 6.4L Fords and that they had developed a version 2 "V2" (you'll notice that on the end of their part number on their website). This second version was made with rubber mounting posts and stronger plates to help dampen the vibrations from the truck and strengthen the unit to prevent failure.

Warranty exchange was easy, fill out a form, take some pictures, recycle the old failed radiator...that's about it. Oh, yeah, there's also the trouble of having the new replacement radiator installed...taking it somewhere and paying a hefty fee for labor (or if you are skilled, spending a few hours to do it yourself) and buying new coolant. Warranty exchange easy, install not so easy.

After I got the second version installed (the new and improved super radiator, destined for greatness, and much better than the original version) I was feeling bullet proof again. Until it failed, just like the first one. So now I am on my third radiator that has failed (the original OEM, the Mishimoto version 1, and now the Mishimoto version 2). And I am in the process of submitting another warranty claim with Mishimoto...

I was told by a Mishimoto customer service rep that they have had so many reported failures and warranty claims on the 6.4L radiators that they actually purchased one of their customer's F250 trucks to perform testing and research as to what is causing the failures so that they can try and fix it. So, I guess for now, I'll get another V2 until that fails 6 months from now, and hope and pray that the V3 is completed by that time. And that the next version actually lasts for more than 10K miles.

2008 F250 V8 6.4L
Hello,

I'll start by apologizing for the repetitive failures you have experienced. As you noted, we have had two different radiator designs for the 6.4L, with our newest being the V2 shown on our site. One thing to keep in mind is that this issue begins with the 6.4L truck/chassis. Radiator failures are very common with this truck and we have been working diligently to offer a more durable solution than what the factory has to offer. Our first iteration solved the issue for numerous customers. That being said, we still had a small sample of individuals seeing failures after swapping to our radiator. We investigated potential reasons for failure, and enhanced our initial design. This included strutted internal tubes for added strength, rubber mounting pegs for improved isolation, and thicker core supports for improved resistance to flex.

So far, this V2 design has been quite successful. Many of our customers are very pleased, and the results are positive. A few existing customers have experienced failures with the V2 design. We take this very seriously, and have been carefully evaluating each failure reported. We do own a 6.4L and have been working to inspect additional possible causes for frequent radiator failure. Although we have solved the issue for countless customers, we won't stop until every truck has an available radiator solution.

Again, I apologize that you experienced a failure with our V2 design. Please work with our warranty team to acquire a replacement, and please answer their questions regarding the truck use, upgrades, maintenance, etc.

As previously noted, our V2 design is very effective and has been a great addition to many 6.4L trucks. For that small group still experiencing issues, we are actively inspecting causes for continued failure.

Thanks
-John
Mishimoto is offline  
post #65 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 04:26 PM
PSN Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 7
Re: Mishimoto radiators.

My experience is the same as SanDiegoPowerStroke.

I just installed my third Mishimoto radiator in my 2010 Ford F-250 6.4L (pure stock, 140k miles). V1 lasted about seven months, V2 lasted about sixteen months. Both developed a core leak in the same area. I don't know if I received a V3 radiator or not this time. It looks just like the V2 that I removed but was better packaged for shipping.

Mishimoto has been very easy to deal with and replaced both defective radiators very quickly. No issues there.

My issue is that replacing a radiator in my Ford truck is not a small task nor free. It's a good thing that I have my own shop, bay lift and Airlift tool. Local Ford dealer wanted $550 labor to install the radiator. So far I have saved $1,650 in labor. I hope I don't get to save another $550...
pwellington is offline  
post #66 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 05:26 PM
PSN Veteran
 
wackyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: South Jersey (51'st state)
Posts: 1,945
Re: Mishimoto radiators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwellington View Post
My experience is the same as SanDiegoPowerStroke.



I just installed my third Mishimoto radiator in my 2010 Ford F-250 6.4L (pure stock, 140k miles). V1 lasted about seven months, V2 lasted about sixteen months. Both developed a core leak in the same area. I don't know if I received a V3 radiator or not this time. It looks just like the V2 that I removed but was better packaged for shipping.



Mishimoto has been very easy to deal with and replaced both defective radiators very quickly. No issues there.



My issue is that replacing a radiator in my Ford truck is not a small task nor free. It's a good thing that I have my own shop, bay lift and Airlift tool. Local Ford dealer wanted $550 labor to install the radiator. So far I have saved $1,650 in labor. I hope I don't get to save another $550...


Have you checked your cab bushings?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zmann likes this.

-2008 Job #3 F250 CCSB 4x4
-Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
-Peak Fleet Charge Purple Coolant
-SCT X4 Babysitter
-17" XD Addicts
-285 General Grabber AT2's
-Power Service White in the Tank
-Moog Tie Rods and Drag Arm
-Drilled and Slotted Rotors
-GearBoxZ DPF-R 4.0
-Flo-Pro DOC/DPF delete
-MPD CCV Kit
-Injen Evo CAI
wackyman9 is offline  
post #67 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
dwc032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 254
Re: Mishimoto radiators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwellington View Post
My experience is the same as SanDiegoPowerStroke.

I just installed my third Mishimoto radiator in my 2010 Ford F-250 6.4L (pure stock, 140k miles). V1 lasted about seven months, V2 lasted about sixteen months. Both developed a core leak in the same area. I don't know if I received a V3 radiator or not this time. It looks just like the V2 that I removed but was better packaged for shipping.

Mishimoto has been very easy to deal with and replaced both defective radiators very quickly. No issues there.

My issue is that replacing a radiator in my Ford truck is not a small task nor free. It's a good thing that I have my own shop, bay lift and Airlift tool. Local Ford dealer wanted $550 labor to install the radiator. So far I have saved $1,650 in labor. I hope I don't get to save another $550...

Sorry to hear your having problems again! The Mishi I had in my truck failed again. I put a factory Ford one in and it was good for the 5k. I have since sold my truck a bought a brand new 15 Powerstroke.

I was at my wits end with the leaking radiators. I did all the bull#### about cab mounts and stuff also. Also I didn't have a shop to do the work myself. So it was 1500 bucks ever time the radiator failed. My advice to you is get your money back and get a Ford factory radiator.

Keep us posted on what you decide.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task, whatever it may be. One hundred percent and then some.
dwc032 is offline  
post #68 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 01:45 AM
PSN Newb
 
Firemedic14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 9
Re: Mishimoto radiators.

I installed one about 6 months ago, so far I love it. A friend and I installed it in about 8 HRS. We replaced the water pump and a few other things. Im sure someone more efficient could install it faster. The install video on their website is great, and you can't beat the warranty.
Firemedic14 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome