Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Mirrors not power folding

13K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  a2t 
#1 ·
On my 08, my mirrors will not power fold in or out. They telescope and the mirror can be adjusted but will not fold. I have checked the fuse and relay but not the issue. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
i noticed on mine that if i tried to fold in/out several times in a row they would quit folding. tried a few hours later and they worked fine.

#7 ·
I also have the same issue with my '08 F450. Verified switch in correct position and replaced switch; but still will intermittently not fold. Seems like there's a timeout or something, maybe related to the auto power cut? But none of the systems on the same circuit act this way. Odd that it's just the power fold feature; not the mirror adjustment nor the power telescoping. Maybe the wire harness? Any additional ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

#13 ·
Yeah its not fun to dismantle the mirrors but its also not fun to spend $1400 per new mirror assembly that has plastic gears and weak motors. I just upgraded mine to metal and solved it for alot less. Added bonus you can brutally manually fold in and out like the idiots at the car wash tend to do without damaging the gear teeth since they are metal now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.